If you were a dark overlord of a nightmarish netherworld...

Discuss everything about books, movies, games, and other art forms/media here.
Post Reply
Message
Author
TraneDeracs
Posts: 73
Joined: 04 Jan 2008 16:40

If you were a dark overlord of a nightmarish netherworld...

#1 Post by TraneDeracs » 13 Aug 2008 21:02

What would you wear?

I'd dress like a Spanish Fencer and while I moving around the room I would stab at your toes to render you incapable of movement.

Take that!
*clam shell dance thing*

zhakke
Posts: 531
Joined: 10 Sep 2006 17:23
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland

#2 Post by zhakke » 13 Aug 2008 21:05

Blue jeans and white t-shirt. And maybe sunglasses
---------------------------

Arwen Arianna
Posts: 4140
Joined: 20 Mar 2006 18:04
Location: The Bards' Country
Contact:

#3 Post by Arwen Arianna » 17 Aug 2008 16:49

zhakke wrote:Blue jeans and white t-shirt. And maybe sunglasses
I've seen "Faust" in the theatre and God wore sunglasses, a black dress shirt and Jeans and smoked a cigar and drank a glass of martini ;) sorry, but you just reminded me of that :lol:
(The same actor played Wagner as well.. in a nightshirt, of course.. and after the performance he came on stage wearing the nightshirt AND sunglasses and carried around his cigar and glass ;) )
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

Hansi Smurf
Posts: 454
Joined: 19 Aug 2004 22:22
Location: Central Park, Winnipeg, Canada

From the Darkside of the Moon: Pretty Boy, Pink Floyd!

#4 Post by Hansi Smurf » 18 Aug 2008 21:17

I'd wear a t-shirt sleeved black wrestling singlet, white trim on sleeve ends, white trim round the shirtcollar, white band encircling lower waistline, and white trim round the leg-ends, with whitelight, prism and rainbow on the chest.

A uniform for a spiritual utopia.

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

#5 Post by Draugwen » 19 Aug 2008 00:26

@Arwen: Yay for God-Wagner XD

...the people waiting backstage almost collapsed laughing when God turned up like that. He hadn't told us^^

I would...

remain unseen :twisted:
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Arwen Arianna
Posts: 4140
Joined: 20 Mar 2006 18:04
Location: The Bards' Country
Contact:

#6 Post by Arwen Arianna » 20 Aug 2008 18:04

@Draug: I can sooo imagine.. the audience almost died laughing as well :lol:
hmm.. I'd probably wear .... my Puck costume :twisted: (-->white mane, boots, yellow-brimmed red tunic, tight black trousers, purple toga-like overshirt...and pointy ears, of course!
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

User avatar
Gandalf de Grijze
Posts: 13919
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:01
Location: Dutchielandia
Contact:

#7 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 20 Aug 2008 22:02

i'd wear nothing, all you peeps would be terrified of me if i did that
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

BlackGuardian
Posts: 14
Joined: 11 Feb 2009 06:23
Location: Alabama (**shudder**)

#8 Post by BlackGuardian » 14 Feb 2009 00:24

Arwen Arianna wrote:I'd probably wear .... my Puck costume :twisted: (-->white mane, boots, yellow-brimmed red tunic, tight black trousers, purple toga-like overshirt...and pointy ears, of course!
God, I am suddenly warm and fuzzy all over...

You would all be suffering, of course. You cannot hope for more. You would be doing my bidding; whatever I saw fit. I would wear something gore-proof (maybe latex) and extremely durable (might have to be leather, specially treated). Rakish hat. Always has to be something imposing. Maybe tough leather boots. Something to grind your entrails into the flagstones with, that would be nice.

I am an overlord after all...

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

#9 Post by Led Guardian » 14 Feb 2009 03:39

BlackGuardian wrote:I would wear something gore-proof (maybe latex) and extremely durable (might have to be leather, specially treated). Rakish hat. Always has to be something imposing. Maybe tough leather boots. Something to grind your entrails into the flagstones with, that would be nice.

I am an overlord after all...
So basically, you would dress as a gay biker dude. :P
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

BlackGuardian
Posts: 14
Joined: 11 Feb 2009 06:23
Location: Alabama (**shudder**)

#10 Post by BlackGuardian » 16 Feb 2009 01:36

Why not? I would be Overlord...all others would be nothing. Accept your place and serve.

User avatar
Dentarthurdent
Posts: 4231
Joined: 08 May 2008 17:17
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Contact:

#11 Post by Dentarthurdent » 16 Feb 2009 13:13

R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

User avatar
End Of An Era
Posts: 5872
Joined: 11 Apr 2004 00:56
Location: here, duh!

#12 Post by End Of An Era » 18 Feb 2009 17:07

i would wear nothing.

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

#13 Post by Draugwen » 18 Feb 2009 17:23

Is that supposed to be scary?
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

User avatar
End Of An Era
Posts: 5872
Joined: 11 Apr 2004 00:56
Location: here, duh!

#14 Post by End Of An Era » 18 Feb 2009 17:27

i already am the dark overlord. i don't need to prove anything to anyone. therefore, i am naked.

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

#15 Post by Led Guardian » 18 Feb 2009 21:57

Draugwen wrote:Is that supposed to be scary?
Probably more funny than scary. :P
Last edited by Led Guardian on 18 Feb 2009 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

#16 Post by Draugwen » 18 Feb 2009 22:17

Gunny indeed? :P

Hm, who said that the position of the dark overlord was anywhere near stable? :roll:
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

#17 Post by Led Guardian » 18 Feb 2009 22:18

Draugwen wrote:Gunny indeed? :P

Hm, who said that the position of the dark overlord was anywhere near stable? :roll:
Gunny? What are you talking about? That's not a word. Duh. :roll:
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

#18 Post by Draugwen » 18 Feb 2009 22:24

Tsss... editing is cheating 8)
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

#19 Post by Led Guardian » 18 Feb 2009 22:27

Who's editing? I never edited.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

#20 Post by Draugwen » 18 Feb 2009 22:32

"Probably more funny than scary. :P
_________________
Said Hansi: "This song's about a girl called Cassandra. You don't seem to like her very much? Don't worry, she will die soon."

Last edited by Led Guardian on Wed Feb 18, 2009 15:18; edited 1 time in total"

You say :roll:
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

#21 Post by Led Guardian » 18 Feb 2009 22:34

Exactly. That's what I said.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

#22 Post by Led Guardian » 18 Feb 2009 22:35

And stop making big underlines and adding to my signature. Why would I edit my signature. :roll:
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

#23 Post by Draugwen » 18 Feb 2009 22:38

Why do I have the feeling this is getting pointless? :P
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

#24 Post by Led Guardian » 18 Feb 2009 22:42

You're right. Now that you've accepted that I never changed anything, we can get on with our dark overlordish lives. 8)
Last edited by Led Guardian on 18 Feb 2009 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

#25 Post by Draugwen » 18 Feb 2009 22:57

I didn't but never mind :P
It's accepted, by the way :P
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

#26 Post by Led Guardian » 18 Feb 2009 23:11

As you can see, I'm well aware of that. 8)
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

#27 Post by Draugwen » 18 Feb 2009 23:12

By now you are :lol:
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

User avatar
Cerbere
Posts: 1500
Joined: 08 Feb 2009 07:34

#28 Post by Cerbere » 20 Feb 2009 02:37

i would go free balling with no pants on, shirts would be illegal or any type of clothing above your waist(unless of course you're fat in which case you would be fed to something brutal(except hansi))

User avatar
Balaak
Posts: 60
Joined: 01 Apr 2009 23:56

#29 Post by Balaak » 20 Apr 2009 19:30

Nothing but a kilt and war-paint. I would rape people too except it wouldn't be rape cuz I would say "Surprise!" and then it would just be surprise-sex.
Quote:
Maniacs dance with redhead whores who swallow lots of water in their mouth full of flowers choking themselves for all time without fulfilling any of their dreams unless stratovarius dances 4000 songs in next south park movie which is really funny but stupid in A weird way however there's somebody who you would associate with once or various asses will thrust their beers into eternal agonies extending anomalies for our glory that includes something extraordinary like having diahrrea and trying to remain calm but somehow cannot be contagious or otherwise it will fuck up your senses without remorse eternally and will fire us eternally from their nation because we are fuckers who rape sheeps despite filthy diseases such sheepish aids which contain lots of AIDS carriers like the beatles who fucked completely rock and other stuff like some bagels and condoms with chocolate covered with all hope because nothing can't beat our asshole anymore but their penises.

User avatar
Metal Fan
Posts: 1854
Joined: 28 Mar 2008 07:49
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#30 Post by Metal Fan » 21 Apr 2009 02:11

Cerbere wrote:(unless of course you're fat in which case you would be fed to something brutal(except hansi))


Hansis brutal?
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

#31 Post by Draugwen » 21 Apr 2009 13:08

Well, maybe. But it actually meant to say he wouldn't be fed to something brutal.
Although the reason why he should escapes me, looking at the arguments >.>
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

User avatar
Sorlaun
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Jul 2009 13:04
Location: On top of an awesome dwarfy mountain of dwarvenish dwarf awesomeness.

Re: If you were a dark overlord of a nightmarish netherworld...

#32 Post by Sorlaun » 09 Aug 2009 15:24

I'd wear some hideous Manowar-esque costume. (Nothing against the band themselves, but...)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5tY-XfbgJe0/S ... nowar1.jpg
http://www.hyperblastmetal.com/news/ima ... rqueer.jpg

...Meh.
Last edited by Sorlaun on 10 Aug 2009 18:55, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Mackasfour
Posts: 3404
Joined: 29 Jul 2009 12:34
Location: Uluru

Re: If you were a dark overlord of a nightmarish netherworld...

#33 Post by Mackasfour » 10 Aug 2009 12:07

My birthday costume, much scarier :P
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Hansi Smurf
Posts: 454
Joined: 19 Aug 2004 22:22
Location: Central Park, Winnipeg, Canada

OVER THE COUNTER EVIL-ENHANCEMENTS

#34 Post by Hansi Smurf » 04 Sep 2009 20:12

I'd have a Locksmiths Brain and build myself a little kid's science book Electro-Magnetic House-Door key, (I'm pretty sure from being a child at play, that house locks ARE magnetic - but possibly not!) and I'd work at the State Driver's Licensing Bureau, or better yet, the National Revenue Collection Agency, or some other National and Accessible, All-Citizens Data Base.

I'd have to have a competant understanding of Hollywood Prosthetics and Make-up.

I'd wrap all of my body and joints with both a weight-lifter's belt, wraps and/or tensor band-aids or athletic tape. Or better yet, I'd purchase a stunt-man's "all joints wrapped" jump suit!

Steel-toed quarter boots, lottsa socks, jock-strap and cup, lottsa underwear, a full set of concealed ice hockey-armor, food-handlers chainmail gloves (approx $90 a glove, but now your both of your hands are now safe and deft inside the possibly biting teeth, of any potential enemy that you might grab the mouth of from behind!). A paper-delivery boy's paper-bag, with knives and full clear-plastic face-masked hockey helmet inside, for easy reaching once your victim is in sight of you, or for once you are out of sight! Helmets are sticky! A crash helmet or a motorcycle helmet are probably bullet-proof, but a hockey helmet with a full clear-plastic face mask, is a lot lighter, and still probably pretty good protection for wearing any time you want to go outside! Plus, Major League Baseball Catchers Pads, one on yer back, and one on yer front, will probably be well-in-Order, too!

I'd synthesize steroids and HGH enhancements, whilst practicing Martian Science. (conditioned reflexes)

I'd then use my own Dark Overlord Mind Reading Power for to pick out spinal-cords for to sever, at the very base of the human skull, and with total large-carnivore sneak attack!

Nuclear weapons? Guns and togetherness? Bah. Hulk Hogan armed by Hansi Smurf has no known weaknesses: and now Hogan's arms cost him a lot less money than guns, or uranium, and, He has a lot less spies upon His arms purchases! Too, anyone He trusts could buy the equipment for Him, and of any age, and of any Criminal or Psychiatric Record, too!

To bad for We, the Puny and the Weak, huh Kids?

Peace. (War.)

PS. Personally, I believe that wearing full hockey-equipment, a stuntman's jump-suit, and a weightlifter's leather belt, is just mandatory good sense, for all of us!
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 07 Nov 2010 22:04, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Cerbere
Posts: 1500
Joined: 08 Feb 2009 07:34

Re: If you were a dark overlord of a nightmarish netherworld...

#35 Post by Cerbere » 05 Sep 2009 03:26

You know now that I think about it (and its not like 1 in the morning :roll: ) Id wear something sort of like a ring wraith... but im not sure

User avatar
Bender B. Rodriguez
Posts: 1942
Joined: 06 Oct 2003 15:13
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

Re: If you were a dark overlord of a nightmarish netherworld...

#36 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 26 Sep 2009 05:51

regular fit jeans,a megadeth or nevermore tshirt,and yes,sunglasees too...maybe some sort of hat too,one that made me look more badass so people would fear me.
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

Re: If you were a dark overlord of a nightmarish netherworld...

#37 Post by Led Guardian » 26 Sep 2009 06:11

I'd dress like a bro, because nothing is more horrifying or hellish than that.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 4533
Joined: 10 Aug 2009 18:09
Location: Potsdam, Germany

Re: If you were a dark overlord of a nightmarish netherworld...

#38 Post by Andreas » 12 Nov 2009 13:11

It's a bit of an old thread, but I thought I'd share this one with you:


Image

I would look like the standing guy. He's Rene Pape, on the picture he is Mephistopheles in the opera "Faust" by Charles Gounod.

Hansi Smurf
Posts: 454
Joined: 19 Aug 2004 22:22
Location: Central Park, Winnipeg, Canada

Personal Safety Equipment Revisions

#39 Post by Hansi Smurf » 07 Nov 2010 22:00

All of you Boasts and Scolds just might want to re-read my own, just now revised, "Personal Arms Suggestions", a mere 4 posts up.

Pretty good stuff - all together, the assembled equipment makes you practically invulnerable, AND, it's ALL unlicensed, AND, it's all able to be purchased by all ages, and too, by anyone whom might have been either Criminally, and/or Psychiatrically Recorded, too! (And you don't even need to conditon yer reflexes, nor build steroids nor HGH, as recommended, neither!)

On Guard(ess), Bard(ess)! :|

User avatar
Metal Fan
Posts: 1854
Joined: 28 Mar 2008 07:49
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

Re: If you were a dark overlord of a nightmarish netherworld

#40 Post by Metal Fan » 08 Nov 2010 03:21

If I was male i'd dress like Darken Rahl. But since I'm female...Mord-Sith 8)
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests