Page 1 of 1

Avatar 2

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 09:06
by Metal Fan
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article ... water.html


Glowing fish? We already have that.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 22:12
by Saurius
avatar already was a shit movie (really bad story) and they're gonna make another one.... god damn sometimes I hate hollywood, well another movie i dont have to see that means

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 22:49
by Metal Fan
The story line was bad, but the 3D graphics where good.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 01:43
by Saurius
and that is exactly why im watching series/movies... a good story. if they can't pull that off with this immense idea of a complete new world etc. well they never will learn. imagine this, you've got the biggest playground to build a story and what do they decide... pocahontas storyline Image

so yeah SE might be all awesome like but i couldnt give a rats ass about all that. story > SE

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 03:37
by Metal Fan
Yes, forget the story line- it blows. Big baby chunks. But the graphics!!

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 10:52
by Saurius
the graphics dont make up the ball sucking story

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 02:32
by Metal Fan
I don't care. I thought it was great.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 12:24
by Raistlin Majere
I liked the story of Avatar 1. c'mon guys it was really good! And with a message about the environment.
I think that making avatar 2 will spoil it though... I don't think there is any point in making a sequel, since avatar1 was a complete story.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 14:53
by Saurius
no it wasnt, check pocahontas and it's the same

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 16:49
by Gandalf de Grijze
pocahontas wasn't original either, nor is about 95% or more of the stories out there

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 17:00
by NDS

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 17:41
by Daijin
Raistlin Majere wrote:And with a message about the environment.
Yeah, don't destroy it, mkay?

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 17:50
by Andreas
Why not?

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 17:57
by Daijin
Don't ask me, ask James the Savior Cameron.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 18:43
by ThePKH
Destruction of the environment is like masturbation on a grand scale.
When you masturbate, God kills a kitten. When you destroy the environment enough, God kills all the kittens.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 09:52
by West Virginia Mule
No one is destroying the environment. But making us believe we are is a means for governments—and, ultimately, a single world government—to control every aspect of how we live: command and control tyranny. Earth mother goddess worship within environmental issues is a thinly veiled mechanism for ultimate statism. As the catchphrase goes: green is the new red. Environmentalism has been built on the foundation laid by communism because both exist to control everyone’s life. Environmentalism is a smokescreen to emasculate liberty, deter economic growth and erode security in America. It is attempting to be the infrastructure of a New World Order, one which will find the citizens of America and the world in chains under the guise of a lie.

James Cameron said at a news conference last month that he would like to shoot "those boneheads" who are skeptical of anthropogenic global warming. Environmentalism is a religion, and if you don’t buy into their beliefs then they want to murder you for your lack of faith.

Obama has the gun to our heads right now.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 18:15
by Saurius
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:pocahontas wasn't original either, nor is about 95% or more of the stories out there
im not talking about the movie(s) steven, im talking about the tale :wink:

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 00:40
by Gandalf de Grijze
As am I Joran, the majority of the stories, or tales, aren't original to begin with, as Joost has pointed out in the Avatar topic

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 05:46
by Led Guardian
West Virginia Mule wrote:No one is destroying the environment. But making us believe we are is a means for governments—and, ultimately, a single world government—to control every aspect of how we live: command and control tyranny. Earth mother goddess worship within environmental issues is a thinly veiled mechanism for ultimate statism. As the catchphrase goes: green is the new red. Environmentalism has been built on the foundation laid by communism because both exist to control everyone’s life. Environmentalism is a smokescreen to emasculate liberty, deter economic growth and erode security in America. It is attempting to be the infrastructure of a New World Order, one which will find the citizens of America and the world in chains under the guise of a lie.

James Cameron said at a news conference last month that he would like to shoot "those boneheads" who are skeptical of anthropogenic global warming. Environmentalism is a religion, and if you don’t buy into their beliefs then they want to murder you for your lack of faith.

Obama has the gun to our heads right now.
I've decided that you must be saying these things for the sole purpose of playing a character online. Because if I start to think that you believe everything you say, I begin to lose faith in the human capacity to value reason over baseless fear-mongering.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 06:47
by Daijin
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:As am I Joran, the majority of the stories, or tales, aren't original to begin with, as Joost has pointed out in the Avatar topic
Well, it doesn't have to be original as in "none of this has ever been told before". But at least it could have been a little less obvious, a little less predictable, boring... stupid.

As for the so called message. I liked the subtlety of it. Like it was written on a piece of paper that was wrapped around a crowbar and than smashed into the face of the viewer again and again and again and again and again...

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 10:01
by Joost
Daijin: Do you feel the same about the lack of subtlety in books such as e.g. George Orwell's Ninety-Eighty-Four?

Probably it's even more unlikely to miss the message of Ninety-Eighty-Four, than to miss the message of Avatar. (In fact: I'm sure many people watched Avatar without realizing its message, and that the same holds for a significantly smaller part of the readers of Ninety-Eighty-Four. In part that may have to do with the average intelligence of the respective viewers and readers, but I don't believe that's the only issue at hand here.) Does that make Ninety-Eighty-Four an even worse book?

In other words: is it really the fact that there is an 'obvious message' in the movie that makes you dislike it, or rather the nature of this obvious message? Think for yourself: does any of your favourite books or movies have a similarly obvious message that, because it is more to your liking, does not annoy you as much?

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 12:07
by West Virginia Mule
Led Guardian wrote: I've decided that you must be saying these things for the sole purpose of playing a character online. Because if I start to think that you believe everything you say, I begin to lose faith in the human capacity to value reason over baseless fear-mongering.
The whole Algore environmentalist movement is based on fear mongering. How many doomsday countdowns has Algore given us, and the other envirocommunists? DEATH SOON UNLESS YOU DO AS I SAY! They want you to feel guilty for your very existence, for you to feel your life is a crime, that just being alive is killing the planet. And oh, if you give over all control to a central, elite authority (one of the well known secrets of the world is that communist leaders and socialist leaders live like the wealthiest capitalists on earth) that knows better than you how you should live, then all will be well. But if don't, WE'LL ALL DIE WITHIN FIVE YEARS! All they have is fear mongering, scare tactics, lies upon lies.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 16:47
by Daijin
Joost wrote: In other words: is it really the fact that there is an 'obvious message' in the movie that makes you dislike it, or rather the nature of this obvious message? Think for yourself: does any of your favourite books or movies have a similarly obvious message that, because it is more to your liking, does not annoy you as much?
Sure, I won't deny that though I usually dislike almost every movie with an obvious intention to give a lecture about morals to the audience. But of course there are a few exceptions. I like Star Trek, for example, which is also very moralic. But it's not only the nature of the message that annoys me it's also and most of all the way it is delivered. There's no ethical conflict in Avatar, just a simple comparison of wrong and right represented by ridiculously shallow and one-dimensional characters. If you really want to put a moral message in the center of your movie then at least deal with it, show the ethical conflict. A good example for this is the new Battlestar Galactica which deals with topics like torture, sabotage etc. without just saying: This is really, really evil, you know?

A nice review: http://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMe ... Jarz7BYnHA
The Star Wars reviews of the same guy are better though.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 20:26
by Led Guardian
West Virginia Mule wrote:
Led Guardian wrote: I've decided that you must be saying these things for the sole purpose of playing a character online. Because if I start to think that you believe everything you say, I begin to lose faith in the human capacity to value reason over baseless fear-mongering.
The whole Algore environmentalist movement is based on fear mongering. How many doomsday countdowns has Algore given us, and the other envirocommunists? DEATH SOON UNLESS YOU DO AS I SAY! They want you to feel guilty for your very existence, for you to feel your life is a crime, that just being alive is killing the planet. And oh, if you give over all control to a central, elite authority (one of the well known secrets of the world is that communist leaders and socialist leaders live like the wealthiest capitalists on earth) that knows better than you how you should live, then all will be well. But if don't, WE'LL ALL DIE WITHIN FIVE YEARS! All they have is fear mongering, scare tactics, lies upon lies.
And mounds upon mounds of scientific research. Environmentalists don't want people to feel guilty for living, they just want people to be responsible and not feel like it's their divine right to feed their gross hedonism with the life-blood of the planet we live on. Moderation, not exploitation.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 20:55
by Daijin
Led Guardian wrote:Environmentalists don't want people to feel guilty for living [...]
That might me true for some but in many cases I actually do get exactly that impression: that they want people to feel guilty for everything they do.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 18:46
by Led Guardian
Daijin wrote:
Led Guardian wrote:Environmentalists don't want people to feel guilty for living [...]
That might me true for some but in many cases I actually do get exactly that impression: that they want people to feel guilty for everything they do.
Try separating "environmentalists" and "loud, over-zealous environmentalists" into separate groups like you would "religious people" and "radical fundamentalists." Every group has their nuts.

Re: Avatar 2

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 19:59
by Daijin
I never claimed anything different.