ATEOT: Which edition(s) are you going to get?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.

Which ATEOT edition are you going to get?

CD Regular Edition
9%
CD 2-Disc Digipack
49%
CD-Boxset (the PYRAMIDE)
17%
LP 2 Picture Discs
8%
LP 4 Disc Boxset
8%
MP3 Download (via Amazone, ITunes,...)
6%
I´m not going to get it
4%

Total votes: 90

Desert_Storm

ATEOT: Which edition(s) are you going to get?

#1 Post by Desert_Storm » 26 May 2010 15:22

I think it´s time for one more poll :mrgreen:
I don´t know how long that 4-LP box has been anounced, but I think it hasn´t been discussed here yet. And though I enjoy a release in multiple formats, five different editions seem to be a bit of an overkill (not including "foreign" editions for some eastern countries that are going to get their own bonus track too, I suppose). Collectioners will have to pay a hell of a lot of money in order to keep their collection complete (hi Jukka :P ), but anyway I myself am going to wait until a little more information concerning design and (bonus track-)contents of the different editions are provided (let´s hope they do it at all).
A little more detailed description for those who didn´t know: The 4-LP box contains four 12"MiniLPs (how strange is it to release an album on mini lp´s??), each one in a different colour and each one in a seperate gatefold sleeve, handnumbered and limited to 500 pieces. Price: 55€
As I said above, I haven´t made my descision yet, but (depending on bonus contents) I´m quite sure that I´ll get either the 4-LP box or the picture discs, the second one having the disadvantage of having an inferior sound quality and loosing the picture if played too often (and this is a BG album). The box is quite expensive, on the other hand.

Anyway, make your votes, you have multiple options.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Orodaran

Re: ATEOT: Which edition(s) are you going to get?

#2 Post by Orodaran » 26 May 2010 15:25

I voted "CD-2 digipack edition" because I assume it will be the one present in the multistore I will go and get it (always buy metal in megastores where it's worth shit and therefore cheaper, never go to specialized shops who actually know the value of the music!!! :P )
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Desert_Storm

#3 Post by Desert_Storm » 26 May 2010 15:28

But they still purchase the more expensive and more place consuming digipack? Wouldn´t be my choice for music I consider shit and don´t know the value of...

Orodaran

#4 Post by Orodaran » 26 May 2010 15:31

Well, when I went to buy the latest Rage album in this megastore, only the CD+DVD edition was avalaible, and it was still cheaper than the CD-only edition of the specialized shop. For Gamma Ray there were both formats, regular and digipack editions, and they were "thrown at you" like 10 years old albums, and even cheaper than the already cheap Rage deluxe edition.... so I'm definitively gonna check that megastore (where, as I said, metal isn't worth shit) as a first place in the possibility to get the digipack edition paying less than other people will pay for the normal one 8)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Drex

#5 Post by Drex » 26 May 2010 15:49

What's the pyramid box set? I'm interested in that one, if available in the US.

Desert_Storm

#6 Post by Desert_Storm » 26 May 2010 16:00

here you have the overview for the different editions (including the pyramide).
It can be purchased via Nuclear Blast mailorder, they ship to the us but the prices are quite high, depending on how big the parcel is. For more information see the thread "Anyone in Germany" in this forum.

bestpike

#7 Post by bestpike » 26 May 2010 16:06

Yea the 2-cd digipak for me too. Makes the most sense.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Maglor's Fate

#8 Post by Maglor's Fate » 26 May 2010 16:11

I'm definitely going to buy many editions (if not all at some point).For sure the LP ones. Take a look at my new topic.

Voted for the digipack cd and the lp's :) ...I think I'll get the 2LP picture one, much cheaper..
Last edited by Maglor's Fate on 26 May 2010 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

Desert_Storm

#9 Post by Desert_Storm » 26 May 2010 16:24

Maglor's Fate wrote:For sure the LP ones.
Though I don´t see another LP vote up there :P

Dentarthurdent

#10 Post by Dentarthurdent » 26 May 2010 17:04

I'm getting the Digipack. Maybe the 2-Vinyl too, but I don't think so. I voted on it, but I don't think I'll buy it.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Andreas

#11 Post by Andreas » 26 May 2010 17:10

I seriously considered to buy the pyramid boxset, but since it doens't include any extra content compared to the 2 CD digipack and it will cost three times as much (shipping costs included), it'll be the digipack for me.

Desert_Storm

#12 Post by Desert_Storm » 26 May 2010 17:37

Andreas wrote: but since it doens't include any extra content compared to the 2 CD digipack...
How do you know? I recently mailed nb and they said details are yet to be displayed....

Kalmari

#13 Post by Kalmari » 26 May 2010 17:43

Could someone translate these informations about the Pyramid box and the 4 LP?

Box:

Die Pyramide zum neuen Oberhammer! Exklusiv beim NUCLEAR BLAST Mailorder! Limitiert und nummeriert auf 1000 Exemplare! Rechtzeitig vorbestellen! Und sag nachher Keiner, wir hätten Euch nicht gewarnt...

Vinyl:

Die fette Vinyl-Box mit vier verschieden farbigen 12"MiniLPs, jede einzeln in einem Gatefold! Limitiert und hand-nummeriert auf 500 Exemplare!

Desert_Storm

#14 Post by Desert_Storm » 26 May 2010 18:00

There is no actual information about the pyramide in this sentence you quotet, safe that it´s limited to 1000 pieces. In other words:
desert/storm wrote:I recently mailed nb and they said details are yet to be displayed....
The 4-lp-box text is a little more informative, and nearly 1:1 what I wrote in the first post of the topic (or some other guys in the topic next to it)

Andreas

#15 Post by Andreas » 26 May 2010 18:07

Kalmari wrote:Could someone translate these informations about the Pyramid box and the 4 LP?
I'll try. I'm not a native German speaker, so it might be abit incomplete. But I get the general idea.
Die Pyramide zum neuen Oberhammer! Exklusiv beim NUCLEAR BLAST Mailorder! Limitiert und nummeriert auf 1000 Exemplare! Rechtzeitig vorbestellen! Und sag nachher Keiner, wir hätten Euch nicht gewarnt...
[something like that the pyramid will be absolute awesomeness]! Exclusive at Nuclear Blast Mailorder! Limited and numbered to 1000 copies! Preorder on time! And dont say afterwards that we didn't warn you(?)
Die fette Vinyl-Box mit vier verschieden farbigen 12"MiniLPs, jede einzeln in einem Gatefold! Limitiert und hand-nummeriert auf 500 Exemplare!
The fat vinyl box with four different coloured 12" mini LPs, every one separately in a gatefold (so four gatefolds for four LPs... geddit?)! Limited and hand-numbered to 500 copies!

Desert_Storm wrote:
Andreas wrote: but since it doens't include any extra content compared to the 2 CD digipack...
How do you know? I recently mailed nb and they said details are yet to be displayed....
I saw it at the webshop of NB, but maybe that info wasn't correct. We'll see.

Led Guardian

#16 Post by Led Guardian » 26 May 2010 18:17

I'm going to get the 2CD digipak, although I absolutely hate that form of packaging. Jewel cases are much better. That cheap cardboard just gets damaged too quickly. I hope it's better than the one I got for Black Clouds & Silver Linings. That was awful. For one, the booklet was glued to the box, which irritated me. Worst, though, was that each disc was in a free-floating cardboard sleeve, and these were all in a cardboard sleeve attached to the packaging, which they always fall out of.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Arwen Arianna

#17 Post by Arwen Arianna » 26 May 2010 18:23

Already pre-ordered the pyramid thingy... I think that 4-LP boxset sounds tempting.. but I just don't have the money :|
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

t.a.j.

#18 Post by t.a.j. » 26 May 2010 18:27

the free mp3 version.
Do the special editions have different covers? If so I might get one to put on the shelf. Else I'll just buy it for cheap in a year of three.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Orodaran

#19 Post by Orodaran » 26 May 2010 18:39

t.a.j. wrote:Do the special editions have different covers? If so I might get one to put on the shelf. Else I'll just buy it for cheap in a year of three.
...which is also the temptation I get every time I see for 9.90 euros the digipack edition of A Twist in the Myth...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

t.a.j.

#20 Post by t.a.j. » 26 May 2010 19:45

That's basically where I got the notion from.

DREAMASTER

#21 Post by DREAMASTER » 26 May 2010 19:52

If the album is really good as expected then I will buy the Digipack edition. If not, I will just buy the Regular Edition.
Behold the sword of power... Excalibur
Forged when the world was young
and bird and beast and flower were one with Man,
and Death was but a DREAM!!!

The Rider Of Rohan

#22 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 26 May 2010 20:29

what's going to be on the 2cd version anyways?

Oh, and Andres translation teaches us that it is not just WOA being good at writing terrible ads, it's prolly all the Germans.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Desert_Storm

#23 Post by Desert_Storm » 27 May 2010 00:37

DREAMASTER wrote:If the album is really good as expected then I will buy the Digipack edition. If not, I will just buy the Regular Edition.
How will you know? Discovering a new bg album via p2p or youtube doesn´t sound very tempting to me... besides, why would you make your choice between digi and jewel case depending on the sound quality? One always looks better in the shelf, no matter how good the music is, and if it´s the "helping-the-band" thing, I think it´s the material costs that make the difference...

Andreas

#24 Post by Andreas » 27 May 2010 01:52

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:what's going to be on the 2cd version anyways?
1st CD is just regular, 2nd CD contains

# 01. Sacred Worlds (extended "Sacred" Version)
# 02. Wheel of Time (orchestral Version)
# 03. You´re the Voice (Radio Edit)
# 04. Tanelorn (Into the Void) (demo version)
# 05. Curse my Name (demo version)
# 06. A Voice in the Dark (demo version)
# enhanced part:
# 07. Sacred (video clip)
# 08. Studio documentary

Worth the few extra euros IMO

power_dysfunction

#25 Post by power_dysfunction » 27 May 2010 06:59

What comes in the boxset that's not in the digipack?
Though the towers of the city are denied to we men of clay
still we know we shall scale the heights some day.
Frightened in the silence -
frightened, but thinking very hard,
let us make computations of the stars.

The Frederick

#26 Post by The Frederick » 27 May 2010 08:17

The best that I can find in shops.

Andreas

#27 Post by Andreas » 27 May 2010 10:28

power_dysfunction wrote:What comes in the boxset that's not in the digipack?
According to the NB webshop, the same songs as on the 2 CD digipack version.

Dentarthurdent

#28 Post by Dentarthurdent » 27 May 2010 11:05

Andreas wrote:
Kalmari wrote:Could someone translate these informations about the Pyramid box and the 4 LP?
I'll try. I'm not a native German speaker, so it might be abit incomplete. But I get the general idea.
[something like that the pyramid will be absolute awesomeness]! Exclusive at Nuclear Blast Mailorder! Limited and numbered to 1000 copies! Preorder on time! And dont say afterwards that we didn't warn you(?)
The fat vinyl box with four different coloured 12" mini LPs, every one separately in a gatefold (so four gatefolds for four LPs... geddit?)! Limited and hand-numbered to 500 copies!
You got it ;)
Andreas wrote:
The Boxset will contain the Digipack. But there will most probably be some other stuff in there too, plus this obscure pyramid.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

DREAMASTER

#29 Post by DREAMASTER » 27 May 2010 13:12

Desert_Storm wrote:
DREAMASTER wrote:If the album is really good as expected then I will buy the Digipack edition. If not, I will just buy the Regular Edition.
How will you know? Discovering a new bg album via p2p or youtube doesn´t sound very tempting to me... besides, why would you make your choice between digi and jewel case depending on the sound quality? One always looks better in the shelf, no matter how good the music is, and if it´s the "helping-the-band" thing, I think it´s the material costs that make the difference...

You can laways listen the album in a store before buying it :wink:

And the diference is that the regular edition is cheaper :mrgreen:

Andreas

#30 Post by Andreas » 27 May 2010 13:13

Dentarthurdent wrote:
Andreas wrote:
The Boxset will contain the Digipack. But there will most probably be some other stuff in there too, plus this obscure pyramid.
Yeah, something like some postcards and a flag :P

Mackasfour

#31 Post by Mackasfour » 27 May 2010 14:00

Digipack here :mrgreen:
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Envinyatar

#32 Post by Envinyatar » 27 May 2010 20:20

Digipack here as well.
Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!
"Do you know what an aqueduct is?" - "It has something to do with water..." - "And...?" - "A duck?!"
"If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed, and I would be their king." -Raj
"The future is like a Japanese game show. You have no idea what's going on."
"Is space hot?" - "Of course it is, where else do you think we get pineapples from?"

Paha tipu!
Concert photography -> StageShots.net

Beren Ercharmion

#33 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 30 May 2010 11:14

where's the option "whatever cd edition they have at the store"?
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

Edain

#34 Post by Edain » 30 May 2010 11:16

Who voted for "I'm not going to get it"??? :shock:
"Edis Rehto Eht Morf Snoitanigami!"

Desert_Storm

#35 Post by Desert_Storm » 30 May 2010 11:25

I suspect that was mule :P

t.a.j.

#36 Post by t.a.j. » 30 May 2010 12:30

Since the original poster purposefully excluded free mp3 downloads, while including proprietory downloads and therefore seems to consider getting free mp3 downloads as "not getting it", some people might have taken him up on that.

NDS

#37 Post by NDS » 30 May 2010 13:25

Probably the digipack, if not too expensive.
To the glory of the fucking Underground!

Under ground is where the true artists roam!

majesty

#38 Post by majesty » 30 May 2010 14:14

I´m getting the Pyramide-Boxset :D
The Lights are up,
Now let the play begin!

*Why save the world when you can rule it? And why touch the ground when you can fly away to dreams...?*

DREAMASTER

#39 Post by DREAMASTER » 30 May 2010 14:26

Some ppl here with a lot of money in their pockets to the pyramide :mrgreen:

Arwen Arianna

#40 Post by Arwen Arianna » 30 May 2010 14:40

DREAMASTER wrote:Some ppl here with a lot of money in their pockets to the pyramide :mrgreen:
no, but some people willing to save enough money to get the pyramid :lol:
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!

Gandalf de Grijze

#41 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 30 May 2010 15:01

i just love the shape ;)
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Arwen Arianna

#42 Post by Arwen Arianna » 30 May 2010 15:28

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:i just love the shape ;)
THAT is of course reason #1 to get it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bpgk!

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#43 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 31 May 2010 02:59

if i manage to get the money,i'll import an LP...
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Dentarthurdent

#44 Post by Dentarthurdent » 31 May 2010 13:36

t.a.j. wrote:Since the original poster purposefully excluded free mp3 downloads, while including proprietory downloads and therefore seems to consider getting free mp3 downloads as "not getting it", some people might have taken him up on that.
that is "not getting it", in my opinion :P

Arwen Arianna

#45 Post by Arwen Arianna » 31 May 2010 13:52

Dentarthurdent wrote:
t.a.j. wrote:Since the original poster purposefully excluded free mp3 downloads, while including proprietory downloads and therefore seems to consider getting free mp3 downloads as "not getting it", some people might have taken him up on that.
that is "not getting it", in my opinion :P
I agree :evil:
Bpgk!

t.a.j.

#46 Post by t.a.j. » 31 May 2010 19:53

That's as much "getting it" as is buying proprietary downloads from itunes. Afterwards, I have audio files on my hard disc that I can listen to. It's even more getting it, than drm-locked downloads, which is more like renting it for limited use.
Things are changing.

Desert_Storm

#47 Post by Desert_Storm » 31 May 2010 23:39

The posting person behind the pseudonym "t.a.j." may (or may not) acknowledge that the original poster (here also referred to as "topic starter", "strange swiss guy", or "Desert_Storm") noticed his failure and intended to purposefully include free mp3 download by adding the option "I´m stealing it", shortly after he (or she) started the topic/poll, but didn´t want the votes already made to be annuled, what, according to his/her understanding of the forum rules, would have happened once he/she would have changed the voting options. :roll:

Evil Peter

#48 Post by Evil Peter » 31 May 2010 23:42

Shoplifting the CD would be getting it as well, although it's pretty self-explanatory that discussions on the official message board would only be focused around legal options.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

t.a.j.

#49 Post by t.a.j. » 01 Jun 2010 08:14

Desert_Storm wrote:
The posting person behind the pseudonym "t.a.j." may (or may not) acknowledge that the original poster (here also referred to as "topic starter", "strange swiss guy", or "Desert_Storm") noticed his failure and intended to purposefully include free mp3 download by adding the option "I´m stealing it", shortly after he (or she) started the topic/poll, but didn´t want the votes already made to be annuled, what, according to his/her understanding of the forum rules, would have happened once he/she would have changed the voting options. :roll:
It's actually not a pseudonym but initials. But that's beside the point. Said person does hereby acknowledge that the original, strange swiss, posting person did so. He would also like to point out that downloading, like copying in general, is not stealing. In stealing, A takes something away from B, which by law belongs to B. In downloading, or pirating, as it is affectionately called, a more or less perfect digital copy of something is made, which works completely without anything being taken away from anyone. Indeed, instead of something scarce being made scarcer by theft, piracy makes more of something precious and wonderful and increases the joy and happiness it can cause a thousandfold.

Desert_Storm

#50 Post by Desert_Storm » 01 Jun 2010 11:56

t.a.j. wrote: It's actually not a pseudonym but initials. But that's beside the point. Said person does hereby acknowledge that the original, strange swiss, posting person did so.(...)
:mrgreen:
For the sake of readable-ness I´ll abandon the lawsuit talk here :P. I didn´t include illegal downloading in my list because - behold! - it´s illegal, no matter what good aspects there might be (to which, despite my post, I´m not oblivious). Like Peter said, this here is an official message board, and I suspect like in all of the other message boards I participated, mods and admins would prefer it to stay clean of unlawful affairs. Also, I think it´s a little insulting to the band (whether they read it or not) to state that one gets the music but doesn´t pay them any money for their work, and that in their official forum. Did you get my point?