The Boy In The Striped Pajamas.

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Skyclad

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas.

#1 Post by Skyclad » 01 May 2009 19:50

Just saw this movie, and it was frigging amazing. It's about the 8 year old son of one of Hitler's high ranking officers who moves to the countryside and ends up befriending an 8 year old jew who's imprisoned in a "camp". They play games through the electric fence, and generally get to know one another while the German kid slowly learns what this camp really is and what his dad's work at the camp is all about. The ending is totally fucked up, and so unexpected even M. Night Shyamalon would be impressed.

Only odd thing was seeing David Thewlis as Hitler's underling. Ever since seeing him in Dragonheart, I just expect him to be part dragon. :lol:

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5FU-yDC-uI
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

faery

#2 Post by faery » 01 May 2009 20:41

Tex and I saw that movie some weeks ago in the theater, and we were both really impressed, and kept talking about if for quite a while.This was also one of the rare movies where the people don't leave or start talking immediately when the titles started, everyone was touched, I suppose.

The ending is indeed a turn-around, but also a bit far-fetched in some sense. But they did play it out well in the end; the could not have ended the thing otherwise.

(old wise) bombadil

#3 Post by (old wise) bombadil » 06 May 2009 02:00

Faery, I confirm the same happened in the cinema when I saw it.

Not a masterpiece maybe, but the end is touching indeed.

Quoting the mother:

"That's not war"....
You're not going to change the world by hating music you don't like... I'm the Stranger

Kankra

#4 Post by Kankra » 06 May 2009 08:27

TURNS OUT THE GERMAN BOY IS IN THE CAMP AND THE JEW IS REALLY FREE OMG

no vut?

Skyclad

#5 Post by Skyclad » 06 May 2009 17:22

Kankra wrote:TURNS OUT THE GERMAN BOY IS IN THE CAMP AND THE JEW IS REALLY FREE OMG

no vut?
No, it turns out Jews and Germans are one and the same. OMG! I bet you can't wiat for The Boy In The Striped Pajamas II-Electric Boogaloo?
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Kankra

#6 Post by Kankra » 07 May 2009 07:52

I've seen that already, it's from 1987. The current movie is just the prequel