Are you going to swear again, you stupid a**?

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Joost

Are you going to swear again, you stupid a**?

#1 Post by Joost » 05 May 2009 12:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNrA6OxMC40

Quite shocking I would say. What's so horrible about the word 'fuck', really?

(On the other hand, I think it's a bit strange that, at the time of the third call, she seems it to think it more important to sue the guy than to get the fucking help she needs.)
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Insanity

#2 Post by Insanity » 05 May 2009 14:11

I guess the whole sueing thing is a loooot bigger in the US than it is in Europe. It's a very easy way to threaten someone. (That's how I got on a plane within 3 minutes after my flight had gotten cancelled in LA once ^^)

That guy should've been kicked out for good IMO.

Like the girl said: The policemen should know that - when people call 911 - they are most likely panicking etc., so cursing will be very common.

Skyclad

#3 Post by Skyclad » 05 May 2009 14:57

I bet that douchebag cop is a religious freak. There's pockets of this country that are WAAAAYYY too religious for its own good, IMO. In a county a bit North of me, a few years ago a guy was sentenced to one full year in the county jail for swearing in front of a woman and her child. The guy was floating down a river on a canoe and didn't even know they were camping on the bank of the river, yet... a full year.

As for threatening to sue, I'm sure I'd say something similar if my dad was dying to try and get the cop off his ass.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

End Of An Era

#4 Post by End Of An Era » 05 May 2009 15:58

very very strange about this vid. somehow i cannot grasp the idea that such a reaction to a 911 caller can come from someone with only positive reviews. what's up with that?

Joost

#5 Post by Joost » 06 May 2009 01:33

Skyclad wrote:I bet that douchebag cop is a religious freak. There's pockets of this country that are WAAAAYYY too religious for its own good, IMO. In a county a bit North of me, a few years ago a guy was sentenced to one full year in the county jail for swearing in front of a woman and her child. The guy was floating down a river on a canoe and didn't even know they were camping on the bank of the river, yet... a full year.

As for threatening to sue, I'm sure I'd say something similar if my dad was dying to try and get the cop off his ass.
Wel, I can understand that she wants to sue, but given the circumstances, getting the help she needed for her father just seems to me like something with a higher priority. You can always sue later on, right? (The calls are recorded, and it is also recorded which guy was on the other side of the call...)
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Draugwen

#6 Post by Draugwen » 06 May 2009 21:43

Joost wrote:
Skyclad wrote:I bet that douchebag cop is a religious freak. There's pockets of this country that are WAAAAYYY too religious for its own good, IMO. In a county a bit North of me, a few years ago a guy was sentenced to one full year in the county jail for swearing in front of a woman and her child. The guy was floating down a river on a canoe and didn't even know they were camping on the bank of the river, yet... a full year.

Wel, I can understand that she wants to sue, but given the circumstances, getting the help she needed for her father just seems to me like something with a higher priority. You can always sue later on, right? (The calls are recorded, and it is also recorded which guy was on the other side of the call...)
Yeah, but I think she thought of that as a way to get him moving finally.
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Skyclad

#7 Post by Skyclad » 06 May 2009 22:00

Joost wrote:

Lost in translation.

He wasn't helping her, he wasn't helping her and he kept on not helping her. Threatening to sue him was a way to get him to quit arguing with her and get her some help.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton