Reporting live from the Dead Communist Leaders World Tour...

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Sarah

Reporting live from the Dead Communist Leaders World Tour...

#1 Post by Sarah » 06 May 2009 08:28

I'll just say that Lenin is cooler than Ho Chi Minh.

Although Ho Chi Minh looks really cool too, with the long beard and all, and he's taller.

But the atmosphere around Lenin was really better.

It's a weird thing though... They all asked for something special before they died, like "Hey, i just wanna be buried close to my mom in St Petersburg" or "Burn my body and spread the ashes throughout Vietnam", so why would people feel the need to just wax them up in some laboratory in Russia and expose them in a glass Snow-Whitish coffin for everybody to see ?

Well, at least they kicked Stalin out of the mausoleum and buried him a bit further.
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

Orodaran

Re: Reporting live from the Dead Communist Leaders World Tou

#2 Post by Orodaran » 07 May 2009 19:29

Sarah wrote:Well, at least they kicked Stalin out of the mausoleum and buried him a bit further.
Letting his carcass be ravaged and eaten by abandoned dogs could have been even better and more fitting, but hey, at least they moved it away :P

Anyway, I so laughed at the title of the thread.... those kind of things you can do on a world tour :mrgreen:
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Sarah

#3 Post by Sarah » 08 May 2009 07:32

Got a few nicknames for my travel so far... Maybe i should make a poll to help me decide the title of the book i'll write out of it !

Like "Around the world in Eighty Dudes" (hey, after all, Jules Verne was born in the same city as me), "Gone touring", "Even the Beatles didn't go there", and the Communist/Red Star theme ones...
After all, more than half the countries seen so far were URSS part and/or satellites-allies at some point.
We lost the world

Orodaran

#4 Post by Orodaran » 08 May 2009 19:30

The Eighty Dudes one could draw a lot of interest, but then people would be disappointed in finding out they aren't exactly 80 :mrgreen: 'cause they aren't 80, aren't they? :? :P

But if not the whole book, the "Dead communist leaders" thing deserve surely a chapter title!!
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Sarah

#5 Post by Sarah » 09 May 2009 09:38

Not 80 yet but i still have a long road to go !
And diversity is a good thing ; not two of them came from the same country so far. :)
Hmmm, could be an hint for another title ; "helping building a peaceful world"...

Ok that was lame but i need somthing to keep my mind off the awful lot of tailored clothes i might get done here in hoi an !
We lost the world