Mack-mood Ahmi-i'mnotaveryhappyman-ijan has won!

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Skyclad

Mack-mood Ahmi-i'mnotaveryhappyman-ijan has won!

#1 Post by Skyclad » 14 Jun 2009 15:21

And apparently by TWENTY FOUR MILLION VOTES! Amazing! Woot! Hooray Islamocracy!
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

ThePKH

#2 Post by ThePKH » 15 Jun 2009 15:40

They say the streets of Teheran haven't seen as many protests since the Islamist revolution. The throne of Ahmadinejad is crumblin'.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Dentarthurdent

#3 Post by Dentarthurdent » 15 Jun 2009 16:21

and now the ayatollyah in charge was announced, that the election will be rechecked. By whom, that's what I'd like to know.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Belgarion

#4 Post by Belgarion » 15 Jun 2009 16:36

Stacks on deck
Patrone on ice
And we can pop bottles all night
I love you Ahmedinejad
In this world there are two tragedies, one is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde

God gave men a brain and a penis and only enough blood to work one at a time.

No‘am

#5 Post by No‘am » 15 Jun 2009 16:41

They sure as hell counted those dozens of milions of votes real fast. How much time did it take them, like 2 hours?
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Belgarion

#6 Post by Belgarion » 15 Jun 2009 16:46

It took so short because they write from right to left. And they read from right to left.

And everybody knows that reading from right to left takes less time (1.12 hours) than reading from left to right.
In this world there are two tragedies, one is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde

No‘am

#7 Post by No‘am » 15 Jun 2009 17:12

Hmm, well we write from right to left and use clearer letters and shorter words but still it takes us more time to count 3 or 4 million votes

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

ThePKH

#8 Post by ThePKH » 15 Jun 2009 18:30

No‘am wrote:Hmm, well we write from right to left and use clearer letters and shorter words but still it takes us more time to count 3 or 4 million votes
You guys are not good with numbers. :P
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Skyclad

#9 Post by Skyclad » 15 Jun 2009 18:37

My solution is we should nuke the entire middle east and then we'll have a never-ending supply of sand to make our glass products. 2 birds with one stone.

No‘am

#10 Post by No‘am » 15 Jun 2009 19:53

Skyclad wrote:My solution is we should nuke the entire middle east and then we'll have a never-ending supply of sand to make our glass products. 2 birds with one stone.
Why go as far as the ME? You have enough sand in Arizona and in New (and in the real) Mexico right next door.

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Beren Ercharmion

#11 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 15 Jun 2009 21:01

No‘am wrote:
Skyclad wrote:My solution is we should nuke the entire middle east and then we'll have a never-ending supply of sand to make our glass products. 2 birds with one stone.
Why go as far as the ME? You have enough sand in Arizona and in New (and in the real) Mexico right next door.
outsourcing?
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

Skyclad

#12 Post by Skyclad » 15 Jun 2009 22:13

No‘am wrote:
All the people moving to Arizona are terraform it. It'll be all grass soon.

nailz

#13 Post by nailz » 16 Jun 2009 06:58

Grass out here is for rich people. Also, fuck you, No'am.
Skyclad wrote:My solution is we should nuke the entire middle east from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. And then we'll have a never-ending supply of sand to make our glass products. 2 birds with one stone.
Fixed that for you.
Official BG forum Elvenking and Mercenary Pimp.

Man Fights Back

Joost

#14 Post by Joost » 16 Jun 2009 11:37

Yes, because a shortage of sand is really the biggest environmental problem the earth is facing right now.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Belgarion

#15 Post by Belgarion » 16 Jun 2009 12:18

By the way, the votes will be recounted.

Joost

#16 Post by Joost » 16 Jun 2009 13:25

Well, we all know how Ahmadinejad is able to manipulate the demographics of Iran. First there are no gay people in Iran, and now there aren't so many people who vote against him, either.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

No‘am

#17 Post by No‘am » 16 Jun 2009 15:14

Belgarion wrote:By the way, the votes will be recounted.
But only those from suspicious ballots.

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Skyclad

#18 Post by Skyclad » 16 Jun 2009 19:00

I like how Ahm-a-dinna-job won in even in his opponents hometown.

Wicked Child

#19 Post by Wicked Child » 18 Jun 2009 13:38

Well.. all I can say is.. don't trust american media:

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts06162009.html

edit: People always tend to claim it is a conspiracy theory, if you say Bush's re-election was a fraud.
But now, no one dares to say it is a conspiracy theory as well, saying Iranian elections was a fraud. Why? In this article you can see that there is no FACT which may leads us to think the election was a fraud.
I'm not defending Ahmadinejad, though. For one, because I know nothing about him. But what I can see here is, again, American eager to "restore its hegemony" as the author wrote.
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Skyclad

#20 Post by Skyclad » 18 Jun 2009 14:47

Wicked Child wrote:Well.. all I can say is.. don't trust american media:

edit: People always tend to claim it is a conspiracy theory, if you say Bush's re-election was a fraud.
But now, no one dares to say it is a conspiracy theory as well, saying Iranian elections was a fraud. Why? In this article you can see that there is no FACT which may leads us to think the election was a fraud.
I'm not defending Ahmadinejad, though. For one, because I know nothing about him. But what I can see here is, again, American eager to "restore its hegemony" as the author wrote.

Well, for one, the only "American Media" that demonizes Iran is Fox News. Not CBS, not ABC, not NBC, not PBS, certain not Free Speech TV. I think just like the world thinks our media is biased, the world is also ignorant of our true media. Not everyone demonizes Iran/muslims, etc. Hell, even The Daily Show sent Jason Jones to Iran to find out "why they hate America", and they found nothing but Iranians saying they like Americans. Sure, it's a comedy show, but still. Also, don't forget... Iran is right now as we speak, shutting down all media/journalists so they can't report on the protests in Iran. The only way news is getting out right now is another form of American Media... Twitter, MySpace and FaceBook. Community sites gone news media. I think some of that shit that autrhor wrote would have been mostyl true with the Bush administration, but not the Obama.

Wicked Child

#21 Post by Wicked Child » 18 Jun 2009 23:54

Skyclad wrote:
Wicked Child wrote:Well.. all I can say is.. don't trust american media:

Well, for one, the only "American Media" that demonizes Iran is Fox News. Not CBS, not ABC, not NBC, not PBS, certain not Free Speech TV. I think just like the world thinks our media is biased, the world is also ignorant of our true media. Not everyone demonizes Iran/muslims, etc. Hell, even The Daily Show sent Jason Jones to Iran to find out "why they hate America", and they found nothing but Iranians saying they like Americans. Sure, it's a comedy show, but still. Also, don't forget... Iran is right now as we speak, shutting down all media/journalists so they can't report on the protests in Iran. The only way news is getting out right now is another form of American Media... Twitter, MySpace and FaceBook. Community sites gone news media. I think some of that shit that autrhor wrote would have been mostyl true with the Bush administration, but not the Obama.
Well, the single fact of everyone (including my homeland's media, the most corrupt media in the world) saying the election was a fraud is already something "demonized" if there is no valuable argument to base this kind of headlines.
NOw, about Ahmadinejad shutting things down, I can't comment upon, since I don't have enough knowloedge about the subject. And I won't do it based on what I read in WESTERN media.
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.