RIP Michael Jackson

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Message
Author
User avatar
Lord Borbak
Posts: 262
Joined: 09 Oct 2002 21:43
Location: Quebekistan Soviet Socialist Republic

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#101 Post by Lord Borbak » 05 Jul 2009 04:34

Proudly, without God, I conquer!

User avatar
blind-man
Posts: 270
Joined: 27 Jul 2006 01:45
Location: Lisbon

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#102 Post by blind-man » 05 Jul 2009 18:05

:lol:

That was brilliant!!
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

User avatar
Orodaran
Posts: 5416
Joined: 17 Aug 2002 21:59
Location: Hall of the Mountain King
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#103 Post by Orodaran » 05 Jul 2009 18:18

I wonder how many times that video has been re-used already.... it's full of sport takes on Youtube :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

User avatar
Lord Borbak
Posts: 262
Joined: 09 Oct 2002 21:43
Location: Quebekistan Soviet Socialist Republic

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#104 Post by Lord Borbak » 06 Jul 2009 00:03

It was used fairly often, but few can be viewed as brilliant. This one was. And the Cryptopsy sell-out one too.
Proudly, without God, I conquer!

User avatar
Orodaran
Posts: 5416
Joined: 17 Aug 2002 21:59
Location: Hall of the Mountain King
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#105 Post by Orodaran » 06 Jul 2009 19:29

Yeah, this one and the one about Manchester vs Chelsea on penalties are the best.... you can even tell at some points which ones came after, some jokes about the moment when Hitler asks people to leave the room before freaking out are clearly ripped off from previous and best vids :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#106 Post by West Virginia Mule » 07 Jul 2009 00:25

New York Republican Congressman Peter King said Michael Jackson is being glorified in the days after his death while society ignores the efforts of teachers, police officers, firefighters and veterans. In the two-minute video, King claims the "day in and day out" coverage of Jackson's death is "too politically correct."

"Let's knock out the psychobabble," King said in the video taped outside an American Legion Hall on New York's Long Island. "He was a pervert, a child molester; he was a pedophile. And to be giving this much coverage to him, day in and day out, what does it say about us as a country? I just think we're too politically correct."

"There's nothing good to say about this guy," King continued. "But the bottom line is, would you let your child or grandchild be in the same room as Michael Jackson?"

In a telephone interview with The Associated Press, King defended his comments, saying Jackson had "admitted to sleeping with young boys, traveling with young boys ... That's the definition of pedophilia."
And the world mourns his death rather than celebrates it.
KILROY WAS HERE

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#107 Post by Led Guardian » 07 Jul 2009 04:45

Nice unverified news quote containing a quote by a Congressman making unverified claims about things said by MJ. :P
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#108 Post by Draugwen » 07 Jul 2009 12:12

sleeping with young boys, traveling with young boys ... That's the definition of pedophilia."
Especially the travelling part, indeed. Arrest all schoolteachers that take their classes out on hiking days! :shock:

(What Michael Jackson actually admitted to was sleeping in the same room with children and letting them sleep in his bed while he himself slept on the floor. So much for getting the facts straight.)

Why does no one ever speak of girls in that context I wonder?
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

User avatar
End Of An Era
Posts: 5872
Joined: 11 Apr 2004 00:56
Location: here, duh!

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#109 Post by End Of An Era » 07 Jul 2009 17:24

Draugwen wrote:
sleeping with young boys, traveling with young boys ... That's the definition of pedophilia."
Especially the travelling part, indeed. Arrest all schoolteachers that take their classes out on hiking days! :shock:

(What Michael Jackson actually admitted to was sleeping in the same room with children and letting them sleep in his bed while he himself slept on the floor. So much for getting the facts straight.)

Why does no one ever speak of girls in that context I wonder?
because some people think homosexual pedophilia (man has sex with boy) is worse than heterosexual pedophilia. don't ask me why :?

User avatar
blind-man
Posts: 270
Joined: 27 Jul 2006 01:45
Location: Lisbon

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#110 Post by blind-man » 07 Jul 2009 17:44

End Of An Era wrote:
Draugwen wrote:
sleeping with young boys, traveling with young boys ... That's the definition of pedophilia."
Especially the travelling part, indeed. Arrest all schoolteachers that take their classes out on hiking days! :shock:

(What Michael Jackson actually admitted to was sleeping in the same room with children and letting them sleep in his bed while he himself slept on the floor. So much for getting the facts straight.)

Why does no one ever speak of girls in that context I wonder?
because some people think homosexual pedophilia (man has sex with boy) is worse than heterosexual pedophilia. don't ask me why :?

I can't help but think that it is even sicker and more disgusting.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

User avatar
Joost
Posts: 3799
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 17:54
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#111 Post by Joost » 07 Jul 2009 18:06

End Of An Era wrote:
Draugwen wrote:Why does no one ever speak of girls in that context I wonder?
because some people think homosexual pedophilia (man has sex with boy) is worse than heterosexual pedophilia. don't ask me why :?
I guess there's a better explanation for Draugwen's question: probably because all of the children involved in the rumours around Michael Jackson, were in fact boys.

And, as for Marcel's counter-question: I'm not sure if it's really the case, that people consider homosexual pedophilia is worse than heterosexual pedophilia. With real pedophilia (i.e. with prepubescent children as target), I'm actually under the impression that the gender doesn't really matter with respect to how disgusted and shocked people would be. I really think doing something with an 8 year old boy, and doing something with an 8 year old girl, would be considered equally disgusting and wrong by most people.

With teenagers, it's probably different, but I think that may just be because boys tend to mature later than girls, and a 14 year old girl generally would tend to look and act more adult than a 14 year old boy. So doing something with a 14 year old boy would be considered more disgusting by people, simply because a 14 year old boy is much more 'child-like' than a 13 year old girl.

Regarding Michael Jackson: I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was attracted sexually to young boys, but I would be equally un-surprised if it was just a kind of platonic non-sexual interest (with him being as weird and Peter Pan-like as he was). Either way, he has never been actually convicted for any crime on that area, and has actually been found innocent on a number of occasions, so I would say it is a bit unfair to simply assume that he did anything unacceptable.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Skyclad
Posts: 483
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 19:07
Location: Caro, Michigan U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#112 Post by Skyclad » 07 Jul 2009 18:34

Here in the U.S. the law looks harsher on adult men having sex with underage girls than they do when adult women have sex with underage boys. In fact, they're a LOT harsher on adult men having sex with underage girls for some reason. Maybe because boys look at sex differently, I don't know. I know when I was young I wouldn't have minded if a few of my teachers wanted me to stay after class so I could bang 'em. :P
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

User avatar
End Of An Era
Posts: 5872
Joined: 11 Apr 2004 00:56
Location: here, duh!

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#113 Post by End Of An Era » 07 Jul 2009 19:24

Skyclad wrote:Here in the U.S. the law looks harsher on adult men having sex with underage girls than they do when adult women have sex with underage boys. In fact, they're a LOT harsher on adult men having sex with underage girls for some reason. Maybe because boys look at sex differently, I don't know. I know when I was young I wouldn't have minded if a few of my teachers wanted me to stay after class so I could bang 'em. :P
oh yeah!! :D i remember those too!!

One particular hot biology teacher... too bad she never wanted to sex-ed me :P

User avatar
Gandalf de Grijze
Posts: 13919
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:01
Location: Dutchielandia
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#114 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 07 Jul 2009 19:36

yeah i know that biology teacher,,, my first thought when i read it you just beat me to her here
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#115 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jul 2009 00:09

OJ was not a murderer because he was not convicted. And Michael Jackson is not a pedophile because he paid off parents $20 million each or whatever to drop the cases. No harm, no foul.

You people acting so stirred about the death of a celebrity, have you ever considered actually writing something about why you feel the way you do? Articulate an emotion, a reason? No. Because you can’t. You don’t know how to write and you probably don’t have any substance to what you’re pretending, anyway. It’s just RIP, RIP, RIP. As if that means something. Oh, he died? RIP. And she died, too? RIP. Such a shame. RIP, RIP, RIP. Here, let me be a part of this media event by saying something meaningful, effectively communicate the affect the death of this person has upon me. Hmm, what to write? Oh, I know: RIP. Yep, that says it all. RIP.

RIP my ass. Skyclad moved me more with the description of his dog’s death than any of you are capable of with meaningless celebrity RIP, RIP, RIPs. When you write with emotion and meaning and capably convey how the waves one person generated cascaded through your existence and became a part of the weave of your life, your words have power.

When you just want to share in the media circus with your RIP, RIP, RIPs, you’re merely a fuckhead.
KILROY WAS HERE

User avatar
Joost
Posts: 3799
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 17:54
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#116 Post by Joost » 08 Jul 2009 00:11

It's funny though, as your post contains more RIPs than all other posts in this topic combined. My last post, as an example, did not contain any of them, and did contain some argumentation.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#117 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jul 2009 00:13

Well...you know...I'm not just talkin' about this topic, but all the dumbassed death topics I've waded through here at the everloving blindguardianindex.com

What? In my mind it makes perfect sense. :lol:
KILROY WAS HERE

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#118 Post by Led Guardian » 08 Jul 2009 00:23

West Virginia Mule wrote:OJ was not a murderer because he was not convicted. And Michael Jackson is not a pedophile because he paid off parents $20 million each or whatever to drop the cases. No harm, no foul.
Nice straw man. Just because one person that was found innocent most likely (although not definitely) was actually guilty does not mean that everyone who is tried for a crime is guilty. Maybe Jackson was a pedophile, I don't know. But just as importantly, neither do you. You merely take your comfortable preconceived notion and hang on to it like a drowning man to a piece of wood, not caring whether there is actually any evidence to back up your opinion. Now me, I don't buy into the whole celebrity worship thing. I'd say the same thing if you were talking about Jane Doe or the old geezer down the street. What I can't stand is you sitting at your keyboard, so confident that you've got it right, ignorant of your complete rape of logic. Not that I think you'd care anyway.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to add your straw man to my collection.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
End Of An Era
Posts: 5872
Joined: 11 Apr 2004 00:56
Location: here, duh!

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#119 Post by End Of An Era » 08 Jul 2009 00:35

West Virginia Mule wrote:RIP my ass.
it took me quite some constraint to resist this..

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#120 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jul 2009 00:38

Led Guardian wrote: confident that you've got it right
I have never in my life been confident I've had anything right.
KILROY WAS HERE

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#121 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jul 2009 00:49

Led Guardian wrote:Nice straw man
Straw? I think what I meant was just because all you dead Michael lovers say he was innocent because he was not found guilty in a court of law doesn't mean he was innocent of the crimes. Like OJ. OJ was an example. A single, random example that popped into mind. OJ murdered people, but he really didn't because he was found innocent. Michael molested children, but he really didn't because he paid off the parents to drop the cases. If you don't do the time you didn't do the crime. Sure. Me, I dunno what MJ did. But parents sold their children to him...for what? So they could play at Neverland? Sleep (platonically only) with him? Why "pay them off" if you're innocent? Maybe because he was so fucked up he put himself in an impossible situation to get out of, even if he did not commit pedophilia.

Whatever the case, I wish they’d just bury the worthless motherfucker so my 20 news channels can cover something else. Like how Obama is molesting the United States.
KILROY WAS HERE

Skyclad
Posts: 483
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 19:07
Location: Caro, Michigan U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#122 Post by Skyclad » 08 Jul 2009 01:11

Jackson's at times witty remarks have devolved into unfunny Republican stereotypes.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#123 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Jul 2009 04:16

Tragic.
KILROY WAS HERE

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#124 Post by Led Guardian » 08 Jul 2009 04:22

We'll open an RIP topic for your lost wit. :P
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Skyclad
Posts: 483
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 19:07
Location: Caro, Michigan U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#125 Post by Skyclad » 08 Jul 2009 06:32

Jackson can see Ohio and Pennsylvania from his house.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#126 Post by Draugwen » 08 Jul 2009 07:00

But not logic and understanding, which could also make a nice home environment.
West Virginia Mule wrote:You people acting so stirred about the death of a celebrity, have you ever considered actually writing something about why you feel the way you do? Articulate an emotion, a reason? No. Because you can’t.
Well, yeah, I could actually articulate both an emotion and a reason. I decided to stick with logic though - like several others in this topic, not including you - because I thought it to have more of an argumentative value. Not that you cared for solid arguments on things anyway.
Last edited by Draugwen on 08 Jul 2009 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

User avatar
Sleeping Dragon
Posts: 1373
Joined: 30 Jun 2003 12:14
Location: In The Hooooo-Lyyyyy-Laaaaand...
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#127 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 08 Jul 2009 07:39

did you know that in israel there is no law against women having sex with underage boys? not at all, not even a not-so-harsh one. *sigh*... that litterature teacher with the tight shirt could have taught me so much...
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

User avatar
blind-man
Posts: 270
Joined: 27 Jul 2006 01:45
Location: Lisbon

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#128 Post by blind-man » 08 Jul 2009 10:38

I don't think I've ever had a really hot teacher :(. They were always old or fat and ugly.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

the blue magian
Posts: 415
Joined: 01 May 2007 17:02
Location: at the origion of life and the end of mankind
Contact:

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#129 Post by the blue magian » 08 Jul 2009 21:22

had a teacher German in a tight shirt and tight pants
one of the few times i exualy liked class not that i learned something ahhhhh those dreamy times :P

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#130 Post by West Virginia Mule » 09 Jul 2009 00:35

Draugwen wrote: I decided to stick with logic
Logic? To describe how the death of another person makes you feel? Are you a computer, or a Vulcan? Is there a formula for this, like...logically, Michael's fame and my obscurity rates him a 97% mourning rating with me. Therefore, it follows that I, logically, will feel overwhelming remorse at his death and will, logically, viciously attack anyone who dares disparage his memory.

Okay. Heh.
I thought it to have more of an argumentative value.
You need to make an argument to describe how the death of someone makes you feel? Wouldn’t it just be easier to describe how it makes you feel? There’s no right and wrong with what affects you personally. There is no argument to make.
Not that you cared for solid arguments on things anyway.
Of course not.
KILROY WAS HERE

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#131 Post by West Virginia Mule » 09 Jul 2009 01:10

Some things are really funny. Like Al Sharpton saying that the popularity of Michael Jackson in the 80s is responsible for Americans electing a black president now. Oh, I see the connection there. Yup. :lol:

We didn't elect Obama because we loved to hum doo-do-do-do-doo, doo-do-do "Beat It" in 1982. Although, admittedly, dear Michael was still black in '82, bless his heart. We elected Obama because we wanted the anti-Bush, not because of that groovy moon walk.

MJ did everything he could to erase his blackness, from plastic surgery to skin bleaching to "his" white in vetro kids. He is no black icon. He betrayed black society. If anything, his "black" effect was negative to the race as he attempted to become white over the years. They should despise him for that.

Michael Jackson's was a great entertainer—a singer and a dancer, or whatever the hell he did—to a lot of people, if not to me. That’s it. He is not a hero. He was not Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King, Jr. He sang “we are the world” while vomiting hundreds of millions of dollars into creating his Peter Pan fantasy, child-buying world. The media exploitation of this event is sickening, and people like Sharpton, Hazel Dukes and Bobby Rush making it a racial issue is just another insane example of how race is leveraged for advantage on every issue in America.
KILROY WAS HERE

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#132 Post by West Virginia Mule » 15 Jul 2009 11:38

One time ever have I been inspired by the death of a person not known to me to actually write something about it. It was around four years ago, and this is what I wrote on the Night's Plutonian Shores forum:

West Virginia Mule on March 10, 2005 wrote:Listening to Dead Men, Watching Dead Men

Today's death of original Molly Hatchet singer Danny Joe Brown got me to thinking about this again. Does it have any effect on how you listen to a singer or musician, or watch an actor or a particular director’s film, if you know he/she now’s dead? For me, there’s always been a certain, almost indefinable eerie sense about it, like bearing witness to the existence of timeless phantoms. Or listening to them. Or watching them. As long as they’re still kicking around, it’s never quite like that; there’s always the line of progression, the arrow that runs through the hour glass connecting time, the chance that everything old can exist again because they’re still here. But for me, the perception changes drastically afterwards. While I don’t consider that death enhances or detracts from any works in any way, it somehow changes how I perceive them. There’s such a sense of finality to it, of that’s that and there ain’t no more. An impression of stunted growth, of a thread unceremoniously cut, of the whole thing existing in a bubble of time, frozen, never to be duplicated. Sometimes, it just all seems overwhelmingly tragic, unbearable: we see our own mortality held up to our face in the realization that larger-than-life entities are just as human as we are. If they can die, well…anybody can. When we see a young Cary Grant on screen in an Alfred Hitchcock film, and then when we realize that most everybody in the movie, and everybody who made the movie, and even everybody who watched the movie when it was new is probably gone now—how can that not overrun our emotional boundaries, how can we even begin to fathom the concept of death on such a grand scale, how can we cling to the illusion of sanity in our every day lives when the fact of death is at once so close, so real? When the singer belts out those notes and words you know so well, and it suddenly occurs to you that that voice is now reaching out from beyond the grave, long fingers with an icy touch, ghostly reminders of how short our time here is, can that not tilt your known, comfortable world sickeningly on its axis? Or is it just the same song to you, the same movie to you, regardless?

I suppose many people in the world might mock such transference, people who’ve had to live in times and areas of wars and atrocities, people knee-deep in the reality of death as a fact of daily life. I can only defer, for I only know what I know.

Good night, Danny Joe Brown. I know you’d been sick and retired for many years, but there was always that possibility as long as your were still here, always that line that runs through life, the line that’s now gone. Your music was my very first introduction to heavy guitar-based songwriting. Before I was 10 yeas old, your southern metal boogie got in my blood and has been there ever since: a part of who I am came from you and Molly Hatchet in those early years. We had your albums on vinyl, 8-tracks, cassettes and then finally compact discs. My whole family used to wear the band t-shirts with those cool Frazetta paintings on them. Some things change so much. Some things don’t. After your reunion with Hatchet, I saw you in 1983, and again in 1984. You probably don’t remember me. I was just some kid with glasses and short hair standing next to his dad. But that’s okay. I remember you.
KILROY WAS HERE

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#133 Post by Draugwen » 15 Jul 2009 17:06

...and you complain about people being in some way touched by the death of Michael Jackson?
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#134 Post by West Virginia Mule » 15 Jul 2009 17:29

Draugwen wrote:...and you complain about people being in some way touched by the death of Michael Jackson?
The point is that no one explained how and why his death affected them, other than...oh, he was so famous.
KILROY WAS HERE

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#135 Post by Led Guardian » 15 Jul 2009 19:46

I imagine it was much the same as you described it.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#136 Post by Draugwen » 15 Jul 2009 23:22

No one actually tried to explain why they cared. It's not like there's a need to justify it.
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#137 Post by West Virginia Mule » 16 Jul 2009 03:23

Draugwen wrote:No one actually tried to explain why they cared. It's not like there's a need to justify it.
Of course not. He was famous. That says it all. Why bother to write anything of meaning? Oh, I know. Because you can't. It's not logical. And besides, are you pilfering my words from earlier in the topic and making them your own? You turd.

More like no one on this forum not named TexasFriedCriminal knows how to write creatively and effectively. Go ahead. I dare you. You can even copy and paste from somewhere to cover up your inability to articulate. I don't care.

Go go go. Unleash your emotions upon us. Tell us about how much Michael Jackson meant to your life.
KILROY WAS HERE

User avatar
Draugwen
Posts: 478
Joined: 15 Mar 2008 21:26

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#138 Post by Draugwen » 16 Jul 2009 11:18

I don't bother to read up on all you wrote just to see if I might be writing anything similar :roll: And I am hardly inclined to spill out my thoughts and feelings just for someone who needs something to pick around on.
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

User avatar
West Virginia Mule
Posts: 657
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:16
Location: West Virginia

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#139 Post by West Virginia Mule » 16 Jul 2009 15:52

Heh. Ok.
KILROY WAS HERE

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests