If America were Europe

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Raistlin Majere

Re: If America were Europe

#51 Post by Raistlin Majere » 22 Feb 2010 16:53

Well, balcan states are together, but Italy is not next to greece anymore...
We have new neighbours. HELLO BRUSSELS and FLANDERS!!!
No more turkey next to us....

Germany has almost the same size as Greece, and Cyprus is too big for a 1 million people island.

Malta also seems bigger than italy. It's also too far from italy and has new neighbours...

Poland is also big!
----------------------------
If my post doesn't make sense, just consider that I post for postcount!

Raistlin Majere

#52 Post by Raistlin Majere » 22 Feb 2010 17:03

Joost wrote:The name FYROM only exists to kiss the asses of Greeks. Greece should just get over it and accept that most of the world would simply like to call that country Macedonia.
well, what if a country wanted to call itself france and claimed that Napoleon was from that country, and they didn't even speak french. Wouldn't the real french bother by that?

People from FYROM claim to be macedonians. Alexander the Great was greek and spoke greek... They don't even speak the language! Alexander the great conquered their country (which of course is not admirable, but it did happen) and because of that they claim to be macedonians. FYROM is a quite new state.. they don't have history and therefore they invent one.... Well, Alexander reached india too... let's call them macedonians too... :P

Let's see.... From now on, we will call FYROM with a new name: Egypt. Kleopatra was from there... Really!!
----------------------------
If my post doesn't make sense, just consider that I post for postcount!

Pathfinder

#53 Post by Pathfinder » 01 Mar 2010 01:58

With that logic, Serbia could be Byzantium Empire, because Constantine was born in territory that is Serbia now. :p