Breaking news: plane lands without problems

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Joost

Breaking news: plane lands without problems

#1 Post by Joost » 06 Apr 2010 17:18

http://gopclownshow.com/fox-breaking-news-obama/

:mrgreen:
Trace Gallager of Fox News said, “It looks like look this thing is landing very well. You see the flaps right there look to be configured properly, so they have may have been flap issues or may have been an indicator light, but this thing has apparently has touched down safely if this is plane that we have in fact been watching fly in. It burned some fuel to get rid of some extra weight, but with 101 people on board, it looks like if there flap issues, Jane, it had no problem landing on the airport at all. That is a picture perfect landing.”

To illustrate just how desperate Fox News has gotten, they were hoping for an air disaster so that they could justify not showing President Obama’s remarks on health care. A story that an airplane possibly had flap issues or a bad indicator light was enough for Fox to use to justify cutting away from Obama. What is even worse is that the network stayed with the airplane even after it was clear that there was no breaking news happening there. At least the last time the network cut away from Obama, they actually had another press conference to cut to, this time they were grasping at straws.

If Fox News does not want to show Obama, then don’t. They should pretend like the president doesn’t exist. Of course, this would remove any claim of journalistic objectivity that the network claims to have, but everyone already knows that Fox News is not objective, so it should be no big deal. There is no need to play these silly games, where they have producers scouring the incoming video, so that they have something to use to cut away from Obama for.

Fox News has been selling health care reform like it is the end of the republic. If this is the case, then shouldn’t a self proclaimed news organization actually cover this vital moment in history? How can they claim on one hand that the health care reform bill is critical, but then cut away from it in order to show an airplane carrying out a perfect landing? Their reasoning does not only defy common sense, but also does not pass the smell test. This is yet another reason why Fox News should not be taken seriously by anyone who wants to be an informed member of society.
BTW: Can anyone find any information (flight number, etc.)about this not-quite-accident? I tried Googling on combinations of Fort Lauderdale, Airbus, 101 passengers, but only ended up on sites discussing this FOX-report -- and haven't been able yet to find a source independent on FOX.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

End Of An Era

Re: Breaking news: plane lands without problems

#2 Post by End Of An Era » 06 Apr 2010 18:59

that is just priceless :lol:

WVM, come on in, we need your two cents!! :P

Gandalf de Grijze

#3 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 06 Apr 2010 19:02

or three if you got some extra!
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Skyclad

#4 Post by Skyclad » 06 Apr 2010 19:04

Fox News sucks. They were caught during the Bush Presidency to be giving Bush's talking points out over their airwaves. also, they are the masters of insinuating things on their banners and news ticxkers and trying to make it seem legitamate by simply adding a question mark at the end. Like "Obama Is Muslim?". See, they can make it seem like he is a muslim, but the question mark makes it so they can say "No, we didn't mean he really was... see the question mark???".

Also, they are self-perpetrating. They feed out fake news, their viewers watch their news and believe the lies, then they send out their cameras to interview those "average Americans".

They also are very good at self-promotion. most of the shows on the channel are filled with guests that have their own shows on Fox News. Geraldo has a new book? Put him on O'Reiley's show! Sean Hannity has a new book? Out him on Glen Beck's show! Also, any network that tries to legitimize Ann Coulter is worthless.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#5 Post by Metal Fan » 06 Apr 2010 19:20

I don't even see that on. :lol:
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Sleeping Dragon

#6 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 06 Apr 2010 20:14

isn't The Simpsons on Fox?
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

Skyclad

#7 Post by Skyclad » 06 Apr 2010 20:37

Sleeping Dragon wrote:isn't The Simpsons on Fox?

While both are owned by Rupert Murdoch, Fox and Fox News are two seperate channels.

Webmaster
Site Admin

#8 Post by Webmaster » 07 Apr 2010 07:14

Who really needs to watch Obama talk about healthcare anyway? I think it says a lot about the passed bill when our glorious leader has to go out and promote it afterward.

Metal Fan

#9 Post by Metal Fan » 07 Apr 2010 19:05

Its all bull shit.
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Mandarb

#10 Post by Mandarb » 07 Apr 2010 20:31

No other president ever did that.

And, guess WHY he needs to go out and defend it.

BECAUSE FOX News and the Republicans are spreading lies and flinging shit around.

*smashes his head on the table*
A guinness a day keeps the doctor away!

He is not drunk who from the floor can rise again and drink some more. But he is drunk who prostrate lies and cannot drink and cannot rise.

Skyclad

#11 Post by Skyclad » 07 Apr 2010 21:04

Webmaster wrote:Who really needs to watch Obama talk about healthcare anyway? I think it says a lot about the passed bill when our glorious leader has to go out and promote it afterward.

While West Viriginia Mule can be misguided and full of right-wing fear at most times, I'll agree that a large majority of Americans can be moronic at times. I don't fall for this "The People Didn't Want Health Care" bullshit. They did, and even if they didn't... keep this in mind... a large majority of Americans also didn't want an end to slavery. So, sometimes what the majority wants is not always the best thing to do.

Skyclad

#12 Post by Skyclad » 07 Apr 2010 21:06

Mandarb wrote:No other president ever did that.

And, guess WHY he needs to go out and defend it.

BECAUSE FOX News and the Republicans are spreading lies and flinging shit around.

*smashes his head on the table*

Yep, I saw a Fox News poll that nearly 70% of the people who voted did not want health care reform. fox viewers look at this as 70% of all people did not want it. Nooo, dumbasses, 70% of Fox viewers didn't want it. That'd be like Jon Stewart on the left polling his audience and claiming the results were representative of most of America.

Insanity

#13 Post by Insanity » 08 Apr 2010 13:51

People believing in Fox News are like people believing in anything they see on the internet. I saw this facebook group the other day. They were discussing how Obama was going to force mass abortions due to the health reform. O_o

Webmaster
Site Admin

#14 Post by Webmaster » 08 Apr 2010 13:59

Insanity wrote:People believing in Fox News are like people believing in anything they see on the internet. I saw this facebook group the other day. They were discussing how Obama was going to force mass abortions due to the health reform. O_o
Well I don't think that he will do that. But it is a bit scary that he isn't against late-term partial birth abortions.

Skyclad

#15 Post by Skyclad » 08 Apr 2010 14:45

Insanity wrote:People believing in Fox News are like people believing in anything they see on the internet. I saw this facebook group the other day. They were discussing how Obama was going to force mass abortions due to the health reform. O_o

Republicans can be retarded. There is a politician from Michigan here that has spent his life being pro-life/anti-abortion. He voted for the health care reform, but only after he talked with Obama and got Obama to agree no federal money would be used in this reform bill to perform ANY abortions. This politician has been getting death threats from religious nutbag right-wingers saying he's a "baby-killer" because he voted for the health care reform. Pure idiocy. No guys, he did exactly what you wanted him to, but since you're morons and don't read anyhing you don't know this.

Led Guardian

#16 Post by Led Guardian » 08 Apr 2010 20:59

Webmaster wrote:
Well I don't think that he will do that. But it is a bit scary that he isn't against late-term partial birth abortions.
No it isn't. 1) It doesn't happen often 2) When it does, it's because the mother's life or health are in danger. In fact, I do believe it's illegal in most states if that isn't the case. Couldn't tell you exactly how many though. So should I take from this that you are pro letting the mother die in those cases?
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Desert_Storm

#17 Post by Desert_Storm » 08 Apr 2010 22:39

Led Guardian wrote: So should I take from this that you are pro letting the mother die in those cases?
Well it may seem taken out of context but in fact you can apply this to anything.
webmaster in another topic wrote: is that my problem?
;)

I'd really like to hear now why it's right to judge people in morally questionable area A but not in morally questionable area B. In fact, it's also some of the precious freedom of choice that is involved here.
Should people have the freedom to abort in certain cases? Hell no!
Should people have the "freedom" to die of cancer because they can't afford an insurance? Hell yes!
Plus can you tell me where it says in the Constitution that the U.S. government has the right to force people to buy health insurance, or buy anything for that matter?
(quotes from the "America's failing liberal agenda" topic)
Sorry for cross-posting but I'd like to hear what makes freedom A bad and freedom B good.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Skyclad

#18 Post by Skyclad » 09 Apr 2010 00:45

No one is going to force you to buy health insurance if you're poor. If you can afford health insurance you MAY be fined for not getting it because they don't want people to not take the health insurance and then try and get it as soon as they become sick or injured. I agree with this.

Led Guardian

#19 Post by Led Guardian » 09 Apr 2010 03:14

Desert_Storm wrote:
Led Guardian wrote: So should I take from this that you are pro letting the mother die in those cases?
Well it may seem taken out of context but in fact you can apply this to anything.
I realize it's a cheap tactic, but I got the strong feeling that it is in essence correct. Jason (I think that's right) sounded very much like he disapproves of it in any and all cases.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Metal Fan

#20 Post by Metal Fan » 09 Apr 2010 19:31

If I have health care (which I think my parents got) it didn't work. One of the last times I went to the doctor (when i was like,7) the insurance paid about 5% of it. Only like $15. We had to pay the 250$!!! (it was some type of stomach x-ray)

So SCREW it anyways!

Mandarb

#21 Post by Mandarb » 10 Apr 2010 06:49

Metal Fan wrote:If I have health care (which I think my parents got) it didn't work. One of the last times I went to the doctor (when i was like,7) the insurance paid about 5% of it. Only like $15. We had to pay the 250$!!! (it was some type of stomach x-ray)

So SCREW it anyways!
That's your current, "Best healthcare system in the world" of the "best country in the world" with the "best people in the world" being "best at dissing people not being best at anything because they are already best at everything themselves". :mrgreen:

Sorry, had to bring that up, but, isn't it convenient to be best? I mean, believing in being superior or even best takes away the heavy burden of trying to improve yourself, because, how can you improve if you are already best? Isn't this death of humankind? Aren't we dead when we stop striving to be better, striving to make a better world for the people coming after us? I personally, can not see how treading at one spot can be seen as "life", or, more, "a worthy life". What else can be our purpose? Inducing as much misery as possible?

He is not drunk who from the floor can rise again and drink some more. But he is drunk who prostrate lies and cannot drink and cannot rise.

Metal Fan

#22 Post by Metal Fan » 10 Apr 2010 07:39

+1

I gave up on being the best the day I was homeschooled. F it. Wear what you want, do what you want, hit cheerleaders on the head with bats. OK well off to enjoy my new Mac... :!:

Oh and one more thing, we are NOT by far the best nation in the world (in my point of view). Our government sucks, our so called "health care" was just flushed down the toilet, the people are fat, corporations run everything, Obama has way to big ears and he can't hear a thing...And people believe that!

Skyclad

#23 Post by Skyclad » 10 Apr 2010 16:22

The United States is not number one in anything anymore aside from military spending. I think this is why he right loves war and the military so much. We are no longer number one in manufacturing, not even close to number one in education, health care coverage, freddom of the press, the happiness of our citizens and a ton more. Of course if you bring up these things and you aren't chanting "USA Number One!" over and over, Republicans call you a traitor and you hate your country. No, jackass... I don't hate my country. I'm pointing out the problems we have in order to make it better.

Also been seeing some odd things from the right lately. Most recently they've been hoisting Sarah Pail and Michelle Bachmann to the top of their Republican flag pole. If you guys though Bush was a bad war-like President, wait and see what it's like if hese two retards get into power. Everyone knows Palin, but if you don't know Bachmann, look her up and look at he things she's said during her career. Palin believes Obama is a socialist, which is bad enough, but Bachmann believes Obama is a full-blown communist. Last year she said all liberals in congress should be investigated for being anti-American Bachmann also has stated that since the two big outbreaks of swine flu happened under democratic Presidents, that swine flu is a Democratic conspiracy. :shock:

Mandarb

#24 Post by Mandarb » 11 Apr 2010 05:46

That's what I meant when I mentioned in another thread that I'd be rather afraid of some right-wing fundamental-christian "I arth so holy" at the power with access to the biggest nuclear arsenal in the world.

Not some Taliban with a dirty bomb. He doesn't have the power to destroy the world a couple times over.