What is your opinion of the West Virginia Mule persona?

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
West Virginia Mule

#1 Post by West Virginia Mule » 17 May 2010 09:28

As a minority on this forum (a conservative American), I’m dimly interested in knowing the key points you, the majority—the liberal Europeans and liberal whatever elses—feel cause the hatred (or merely dislike) towards me. Bridges are in flames or are framed against fiery sunsets in silhouetted ashen ruins, while poison flows beneath them in caustic eddies and whorls. I have no interest in rebuilding them—as I unfortunately don’t place the value on this place and the current members as I once did—but when I occasionally type here I wonder…how did we get from 2001 to 2010, from there to here? Was it all my sudden obsessive interest in conservative American politics? Could it be that simple…or is it more, how I find entertainment in playing the role I do, with the confrontational derision, the ill-mannered bluntness, the manifest baiting…or is it just because I’m different in beliefs, age, location and approach to forum writing?

I’ve heard it said that man created religion and politics so we would always have reasons to hate each other and, ultimately, to kill each other. My brief experience with politics is realizing this philosophy almost fully, both on the internets and in the real world. At times I welcome the firestorms, I bathe in them, but other times it all feels so wrong, like it's not who I am or what I'm supposed to be doing.

It's a struggle for meaning, for purpose, for reason. But mostly it feels like throwing darts in the dark, hoping to hit something. It's a desperate feeling to know you've got less years in front of you than riding in the back of this old cart. Can championing the cause of conservatism bring meaning and happiness to my life, manifest itself in that elusive, fulfilling purpose? Or...is it just another dart gone missing into the dark?

In the interim, I lean on this forum for acerbic entertainment, and to practice or reiterate conservative ideology. And oftentimes, to be bizarre and insufferable. For entertainment. Because it feels like a game, as it always has. Because if I thought you were real, real people as if face-to-face, I would not assume the West Virginia Mule persona that’s evolved monstrously on this forum.

Because that is not me, not entirely, maybe not even by half. I almost always assume people realize that. But yeah, I see, maybe not so much.
KILROY WAS HERE

No‘am

Re: What is your opinion of the West Virginia Mule persona?

#2 Post by No‘am » 17 May 2010 10:34

I think that you're quite entertaining, and pretty skilled at hiding your sarcasm.
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Mackasfour

#3 Post by Mackasfour » 17 May 2010 10:36

No‘am wrote:I think that you're quite entertaining, and pretty skilled at hiding your sarcasm.
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Edain

#4 Post by Edain » 17 May 2010 11:21

In the interim, I lean on this forum for acerbic entertainment, and to practice or reiterate conservative ideology.
What is an ideology good for?
"Edis Rehto Eht Morf Snoitanigami!"

Desert_Storm

#5 Post by Desert_Storm » 17 May 2010 14:21

I love you for that :mrgreen:
West Virginia Mule wrote:Bridges are in flames or are framed against fiery sunsets in silhouetted ashen ruins, while poison flows beneath them in caustic eddies and whorls.
still, in contrary to Noam and (apparently) others, I don`t have a clue whether it is sarcasm, cynism, or you`re just dead serious. Entertaining anyway.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

ThePKH

#6 Post by ThePKH » 17 May 2010 14:52

I still love the old, bald and fat side of you. I guess that hasn't changed too much?
As for politics... I don't think you're too much into that stuff. I mean: your so-called political stuff is only 50% political. Other half is more like fantasy novels. Stories of evil, dark beings trying to destroy the humble little people's huts. It's very creative of you. :)
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Joost

#7 Post by Joost » 17 May 2010 15:47

It gets boring after a while to me. Really.

I guess I'd rather have unabashed conservatism that is able to defend itself seriously with solid argumentation.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Sleeping Dragon

#8 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 17 May 2010 16:04

i told you before, it's not your opinions or perspectives which bother us, it's your blatant mode of expression. we know you well enough to know that you can do much better at voicing your point of view.

i find it very educating to hear from someone who takes a strong opinion about matters, especially if it contradicts my own opinion. what i really hate is when someone shoves an unsubstantiated, half thought-out opinion at me and treats it like it's factual.
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

Belgarion

#9 Post by Belgarion » 17 May 2010 16:10

I just want to destroy you.
In this world there are two tragedies, one is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde

God gave men a brain and a penis and only enough blood to work one at a time.

Joost

#10 Post by Joost » 17 May 2010 16:20

We all do, don't we? Destroying America is the ultimate goal of all of us Europeans.
-- Martin Walkyier

Edain

#11 Post by Edain » 17 May 2010 16:47

We created it, we can destroy it. 8)

Twister

#12 Post by Twister » 17 May 2010 17:23

I don't know you and I barely post on this board - but I read here and there every day, and since you asked...
I just skip your posts. I used to read them some time ago, but then I understood that they were basically all the same, just hate, hate and hate...
My personal gain would be 0, reading your posts. Even your talking of "serious" stuff, on which I often disagree - but well, I don't live in the States nor I do live checking every Obama statement - I feel "hate" over the "concept" you want to explain. (But I liked your latest post on the RJD health update thread)

That's all. I'm a normal human being, not more intelligent than others, but most of my time I try to be happy. Sometimes I'm sad, but I know life can be better. And I'm sad when I see (read) people who are so negative. Life can really be much better if you just try to act positive.

I don't know what you have passed in your life and I'm not saying this to "teach" you anything, what made me change was just trying a different prospective.

I can imagine some answers of yours to my post, but oh well, as I said, no gain and no loss, for me :P

I'm sincere when I wish you a good luck for the future.
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

The Rider Of Rohan

#13 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 17 May 2010 19:08

I think it's good to have a comic relief. You make me larf.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Skyclad

#14 Post by Skyclad » 17 May 2010 21:29

I don't think it was an act/fake persona at all. Up until or 8 months ago it was, but when you were putting it on heavy lately it wasn't. You were even talking about all that shit on your Facebook page where most people here couldn't see it... constantly getting rid of your page, then bringing it back, then getting rid of it. Asking me to be you friend on X Box Live and PSN then deleting me and re-adding me over and over. I think you're mental.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

End Of An Era

#15 Post by End Of An Era » 17 May 2010 22:48

i enjoy your razorsharp comments, though i mostly disagree with the intensity of which you bring your opinion. Though it must be said, the best part of 'you' isn't 'you' actually, but all the other members here when replying to anything you say :P

t.a.j.

#16 Post by t.a.j. » 18 May 2010 09:51

Joost wrote:
I guess I'd rather have unabashed conservatism that is able to defend itself seriously with solid argumentation.
It makes me angry sometimes.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Beren Ercharmion

#17 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 18 May 2010 18:21

Grumpy old man
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

Joost

#18 Post by Joost » 18 May 2010 19:00

Beren Ercharmion wrote:
Grumpy old man
Except that topics like this one here are more typical of uncertain teenagers than of grumpy old men. ;)
-- Martin Walkyier

spamel

#19 Post by spamel » 18 May 2010 22:52

I haven't been a member long enough to get a feel of where he is coming from, or where he is going. From what I can tell though, he is either a wind up merchant, and obnoxious oik or just looking for attention. I hope I'm wrong on all three counts, though.
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#20 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 18 May 2010 23:27

you're a super troll,you have knowledge and anger.. and you waste both here from time to time,or it at least seems that way.oh and you've gotta be insane in some sort of way.Not the murderous type of insane guy,you know,more like that typical neighbor who you've never had the chance to see his face ,and all you know about him is that:he has an ass.

arses aside,i laugh at the posts you make,and i bet you're a good guy and father,husband,etc etc...
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

MarchOfTime

#21 Post by MarchOfTime » 20 May 2010 14:01

I would take WVM more seriously if he wasn't arguing politics on a metal band forum :lol:

but there are some fairly amusing comments here and there
arses aside,i laugh at the posts you make,and i bet you're a good guy and father,husband,etc etc...
+1
Bow down in the platinum maze
Twilight cathedrals spread the system plague
Forging sacred thrones in the void unseen
Merciless judgement in the church of the machine

Sentinel

#22 Post by Sentinel » 20 May 2010 17:33

Even after almost 8 years on this board, I still can't tell, whether you´re a real human being or just the most creative, entertaining (sometimes annoying), and innovative spambot on this planet.
Free are those who walk away from setting suns
Free are those who laugh at chains that held them bound
Free are those who conquer in vain but won't stop to run
Battered and down you pick up your pieces
To rise as one!

West Virginia Mule

#23 Post by West Virginia Mule » 10 Jun 2010 15:55

I don't remember creating this topic.
KILROY WAS HERE

spamel

#24 Post by spamel » 10 Jun 2010 15:59

Maybe it was another personality of yours! If you wake up with a huge chin, as in Me, Myself and Irene then you'll know! :lol:

West Virginia Mule

#25 Post by West Virginia Mule » 10 Jun 2010 22:01

Multiple personalities? There are many rooms inside my house...and they're all occupied with morons, the paranoid and delusional, and children sucking thumbs. I really need a new house.
KILROY WAS HERE

Andreas

#26 Post by Andreas » 10 Jun 2010 23:11

Damn, the topic started just when I went on holiday. Missed all the fun.

Well, what can I say about you... you suffer from amnesia, maybe. But seriously, I guess you're a bit misunderstood here, but in the end you're a legend on this forum, whether people like it or not.

West Virginia Mule

#27 Post by West Virginia Mule » 11 Jun 2010 09:15

No‘mam wrote:I think that you're quite entertaining, and pretty skilled at hiding your sarcasm.
You're wrong on both accounts. But sometimes I make myself laugh. Like now. Now I'm making myself laugh. Okay, not really. I just wanted you to think that. I'm not laughing.
Eldain wrote:What is an ideology good for?
I just read that word a lot and repeated it. I don't know what it means or what it's good for. Thinking about what it might mean makes my tummy hurt.
Deserted Storm wrote:I don`t have a clue whether it is sarcasm, cynism, or you`re just dead serious.
Probably none of those. Or some of them. Probably I pretend it's something.

I'm listening to a .38 Special song called "First Time Around" right now. It's from 1981. I refuse to type any more until everyone listens to it. Done? Okay. Moving on.
PeeKayH wrote:I still love the old, bald and fat side of you. I guess that hasn't changed too much?
Yes it has. I'm a slender 22-year old girl from Ohio now. Still bald, however.
PeeKayH wrote:your so-called political stuff is only 50% political. Other half is more like fantasy novels.
At some point before the upcoming November elections, an incident of some violent but unknown nature will occur that will provide Obama with the opportunity to declare martial law across the country, which will involve the "cancellation" or "postponement" of the elections. This will enable the Obama dictatorship to take off its humanist mask and put its true agenda into play.

The conspiracy is real. Believe with me.
Roost wrote:I'd rather have unabashed conservatism
I'd rather have a Corvette. Life is so unfair.
Weeping Wagon wrote:it's not your opinions or perspectives which bother us, it's your blatant mode of expression
But being subtle is so booooring...
Weeping Wagon wrote:we know you well enough to know that you can do much better at voicing your point of view.
Nope. This is as good as it gets.
Weeping Wagon wrote:what i really hate is when someone shoves an unsubstantiated, half thought-out opinion at me and treats it like it's factual.
Yeah, me too. Hate that. Hate it. Just...you know...hate it when that happens. You know. You know. You know how it is. Hate that.
Bellgarion wrote:I just want to destroy you.
Your mission was not about delivering humanitarian supplies, but about breaking Israel's siege. I'm constructing more weapons in the Commander & Conquer build queue right now. Tesla Coils. Lots of Tesla Coils.
Roost wrote:Destroying America is the ultimate goal of all of us Europeans.
No. You just want us to become a quaint little member of your commune. Like Greece. But yeah, that would involve our “destruction” of a kind, so then yeah, you do want us destroyed. Yeah. Yeah.
Eldain wrote:We created it, we can destroy it.
Well...you know...we're doing a pretty good job of destroying ourselves. Just look at the man-child in the oval orifice. He’ll make us buuuuuurn… (hums Deep Purple)

My ancestry is Polish, which means I understand a lot of lightbulb jokes. It also means that the Germans on this forum want to carve my eyes out. It’s only natural.

I should demand to be called a Polish-American. After hearing all this bullshit hyphenated bullshit, all this African-American, Asian-American, Mexican-American, Hispanic-American and whatever bullshit, I demand my own hyphenated bullshit. Bull-shit.
Twisted wrote:I just skip your posts.
That's what I do too. I don't want to even think about the things I write here. Jesus-please-us.
Twisted wrote: I used to read them some time ago, but then I understood that they were basically all the same, just hate, hate and hate...
But I write with such love.
Skyclad wrote:I don't think it was an act/fake persona at all.
Neither do I.
Skyclad wrote:You were even talking about all that shit on your Facebook page
I have never done that. Never.
Skyclad wrote:Asking me to be you friend
I'm not asking anymore. Not now that I realize WHAT A GODDAMNED FUCKING MONSTER YOU AAAARRRRREEEEE!!!!!!!!
End Of My Hair wrote:the best part of 'you' isn't 'you'
Well, sure. That's pretty obvious.
t.f.c. wrote:It makes me angry sometimes
Only sometimes? Well.
camel wrote:either a wind up merchant, and obnoxious oik or just looking for attention.
Wind up mer...? Oik? Looking for love in all the wrong places? Let's move on. This is making my head foggy.
Bender wrote: you're a super troll
I can't agree with that. Can't. Won't. Can't.
Bender wrote:you have knowledge and anger
Well...more like knowledge of anger...
Bender wrote:you've gotta be insane in some sort of way
Everyone is. The cogs in the wheel don't always hold fast. It's not a good feeling to experience that...slippage.
Bender wrote:Not the murderous type of insane guy,you know,more like that typical neighbor who you've never had the chance to see his face ,and all you know about him is that:he has an ass.
Yes. That's me. Although I do hope to become the muderous type of insane dude one day. Gotta have goals in life, they tell us.
Bender wrote:i bet you're a good guy and father,husband,etc etc...
Used to be, anyway. Water through clutching fingers; you can't hold it all.
Andy wrote:you're a legend on this forum
Yep. That's me. Legend. Big old legend. Yep. Yessireebob. Legend. Leeeegend.
KILROY WAS HERE

spamel

#28 Post by spamel » 11 Jun 2010 11:06

He missed the space bar there, he meant leg end. You are a foot! :lol:

Gandalf de Grijze

#29 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 11 Jun 2010 14:47

Whooo are you? who? who?
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Desert_Storm

#30 Post by Desert_Storm » 11 Jun 2010 15:39

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:Whooo are you? who? who?
who who? I really wanna know!

Baby_Kürsch

#31 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 11 Jun 2010 19:12

Ive always loved WVM and probably always will. You always make me laugh even when you are belittling me
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D:

Dentarthurdent

#32 Post by Dentarthurdent » 12 Jun 2010 15:20

you remind me of the Janitor in Scrubs... only not that cool.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Desert_Storm

#33 Post by Desert_Storm » 12 Jun 2010 17:37

Dentarthurdent wrote:you remind me of the Janitor in Scrubs... only not that cool.
Now that you mention it.... :mrgreen:

West Virginia Mule

#34 Post by West Virginia Mule » 13 Jun 2010 01:14

I was in the The Fugitive movie with Harrison Ford. What? You don't believe me?
KILROY WAS HERE

Desert_Storm

#35 Post by Desert_Storm » 13 Jun 2010 02:44

Somebody did his homework...

Mackasfour

#36 Post by Mackasfour » 13 Jun 2010 05:17

Haha, yeah, so true :lol:
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Edain

#37 Post by Edain » 13 Jun 2010 13:52

Desert_Storm wrote:
Dentarthurdent wrote:you remind me of the Janitor in Scrubs... only not that cool.
Now that you mention it.... :mrgreen:
Indeed ... good point. :mrgreen:

Catanduva

#38 Post by Catanduva » 13 Jun 2010 23:36

I think you are a 4w5.
#@╣#¢%ç @#°#▓®▒▓

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#39 Post by Metal Fan » 21 Jun 2010 07:21

I think WVM has some good post, some things you have to laugh about. But after a while it gets annoying.
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

West Virginia Mule

#40 Post by West Virginia Mule » 23 Jun 2010 06:33

Catanduva wrote:I think you are a 4w5.
Oh...that...they made me take those tests in the institution...I tried to get to the lighthouse…I’m a Federal Marshal…better to live as a monster or die as a good man…we gotta get off this rock, Chuck...
Metal Fan wrote:I think WVM has some good post, some things you have to laugh about. But after a while it gets annoying.
Hah hah, yuck yuck. Good times, yeah. Gooood times. Makes me smile. Smile warmly. We laugh, we cry, experience everything from birth to death, but after a while, it all gets so...well, annoying. But in the meantime, ha hah, yuck yuck, a little spittle on the keys and LCDs. Until a while passes and it gets annoying. Then it's on to something in the lighthouse. We are duly appointed Federal Marshals. We gotta get off this rock, Chuck.

These slippers stink. I'm throwing them away. Disgusting.
KILROY WAS HERE

Metal Fan

#41 Post by Metal Fan » 23 Jun 2010 08:03

I summed that up in two lines, ya know.
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Daijin

#42 Post by Daijin » 23 Jun 2010 09:34

Great movie.

I don't dare to post anything else in this topic.
So, supposed a robot wants to kill all the humans that makes him "a radical".
- Bender
Well, the truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
- Elim Garak

West Virginia Mule

#43 Post by West Virginia Mule » 23 Jun 2010 12:12

Metal Fan wrote:I summed that up in two lines, ya know.
I used to type "maximum verbosity" into the first Zork game. On our Commadore 64. In the year of our Lord, 1983. Or thereabouts. Just to be safe, you know? In case I forgot what was in each room, right?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Oh, shit.

> what is a grue?

The grue is a sinister, lurking presence in the dark places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.

>turn on the lantern!
Daijin wrote:Great movie.
Just watched it. Probably it doesn't show. Yeah, pretty great. Until the dead kids. I don't like images of psycho parents killing their kids. Reminds me of my mom. My mom was a grue. I think. Or something sinister.

You should watch a movie called The Ninth Configuration. It's an oldie but a goodie.

Captain Cutshaw: Take me to the beach.
Colonel Kane: It's night, and it's raining.
Captain Cutshaw: I see you're determined to start an argument.
Daijin wrote:I don't dare to post anything else in this topic.
Don't read on me. Damn, I meant tread. Don't read...oh, forget it. It's a frickin' minefield trying to hit all these letter keys on a keyboard. Madness. Madness designed by madmen. Why can't the keyboard just read my mind like my mom the grue does? It's like living in the stone age. Like The Flintstones. Brain tells fingers to move and hit little letter buttons that make thoughts into words on the screen that other people are supposed to...I can't take it anymore. Madness. I gotta get off this rock, Chuck.
KILROY WAS HERE

Metal Fan

#44 Post by Metal Fan » 23 Jun 2010 20:08

Jump!