South Africa 2010 World Cup

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Orodaran

Re: South Africa 2010 World Cup

#201 Post by Orodaran » 19 Jun 2010 20:50

And that was seconds later I observed how the goalkeeper didn't fuck up on the free kick against him (since I am expecting at least a goalkeeper suicide per match :lol: ).... so the defender took the occasion to put a remedy to that :lol:
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#202 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 19 Jun 2010 21:17

man,i'll be looking forward for the post-cup "youtube southafrica blooper compilation",since we've been provided with some great stuff .
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Orodaran

#203 Post by Orodaran » 19 Jun 2010 21:19

Until then, bide your time with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2LPxgg ... r_embedded#
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#204 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 19 Jun 2010 21:27

fuckin hilarious

Orodaran

#205 Post by Orodaran » 19 Jun 2010 22:23

So Cameroon fails and Denmark wins after the suicide that lead to Eto'o's goal... now it's between Denmark and Japan, save surprises, to decide who's gonna get their ass kicked by Italy 8)

(keyword here being "save surprises", damn :? )
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez

#206 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 19 Jun 2010 22:55

wouldn't you just hate to play against japan? :mrgreen:

Orodaran

#207 Post by Orodaran » 19 Jun 2010 22:59

No, it should be easy to send them back home :P even though after having been eliminated by North Korea (1966) and South Korea (2002), an elimination by Japan would complete our Far East trilogy of disaster :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Desert_Storm

#208 Post by Desert_Storm » 19 Jun 2010 23:24

Too bad Kamerun lost.
Oro wrote:matches that end 5-4 after both teams fiercely tried to attack or at the very least be awesome in every zone of the field belong to play station games :wink:
I really saw that happening.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Lews

#209 Post by Lews » 20 Jun 2010 01:22

Netherlands first team to advance, not on good play, but they're hopefully finally saving it for later matches.
*I think they are deadly poisonous zanzibar hamsters*

Saurius

#210 Post by Saurius » 20 Jun 2010 03:45

they are playing horrible! i mean com fucking on!!!! :evil: what the hell?! they dont chase the ball, they dont add any pressure (after the 1-0 that is) and well just play like shitballs. any team knows how to play against the dutch now. they fucked up again... hope they play better next game :x
"Sing it you pussies!"

Lews

#211 Post by Lews » 20 Jun 2010 04:10

They didn't show any of their skill. I would say people do not know how to play the Dutch yet, because the Dutch haven't played yet.

Bender B. Rodriguez

#212 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 20 Jun 2010 06:14

i want more football!and might i remember all you guys from Switzerland!

MONDAY! :mrgreen:

perhaps we could place a litlle bet huh?where's the bookies here?
I think Chile wins by 1 goal

Frozen within

#213 Post by Frozen within » 20 Jun 2010 10:41

Instead of sitting down to watch what couldn't have been anything else than absolutely fucking dreadful to begin with (Holland - Japan), I left home early to go see Muse (headlining) + Editors (supporting) and saw one of the best shows of my entire life. Muse delivered so convincingly that at times I wondered whether it was humanly possible to perform like that. Editors only got 45 minutes to play, but they used that time well and gave away a kickass show as well. So for a day I thought fuck the WC. And it was so much more fun than watching the most exciting moments (all 5 of 'em) of the tournament up till now. Maybe I'll watch some football today. Then again, it has been too long ago since I ate pie for the last time and there's a great opportunity to do just that today.
Eat more vegetables !

Orodaran

#214 Post by Orodaran » 20 Jun 2010 10:45

Today:

Slovakia - Paraguay

ITALY - NEW ZEALAND

Brazil - Côte d'Ivoire

8)

Who among Slovakia and Paraguay get the supposedly second slot in their group, and who between Italy and Brazil (9 World Cups in two) will fuck up badly? and more importantly, which goalkeeper will make a fool out of himself today??
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Mackasfour

#215 Post by Mackasfour » 20 Jun 2010 11:08

Wow, I don't mean to seem like a sore loser but seems to me Fifa doesn't want Australia to get anywhere, we're the only team to get an instant red card in the comp... and we got 2. That card against Kewell was complete bullshit, even worse was the tackle on Bresciano, a blatant slide from behind that resulted in a yellow. I don't see us beating Serbia by 2 so we're done :|
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Frozen within

#216 Post by Frozen within » 20 Jun 2010 11:27

Mackasfour wrote:Wow, I don't mean to seem like a sore loser but seems to me Fifa doesn't want Australia to get anywhere, we're the only team to get an instant red card in the comp... and we got 2. That card against Kewell was complete bullshit, even worse was the tackle on Bresciano, a blatant slide from behind that resulted in a yellow. I don't see us beating Serbia by 2 so we're done :|
The US got fucked over too (offside my hairy white ass) and it looks like some teams aren't particularly welcome in this tournament indeed ...
Eat more vegetables !

Desert_Storm

#217 Post by Desert_Storm » 20 Jun 2010 16:08

Ba-DAM! :P
(sry oro ;) )

Lews

#218 Post by Lews » 20 Jun 2010 16:29

Oro, there's your example of Italian diving.

Pathfinder

#219 Post by Pathfinder » 20 Jun 2010 16:48

I wasn't expecting that New Zealand would trouble Italy so much...nice.

And I missed that penalty, but I heard it was a dive (why it doesn't surprise me? :p).
So far, two (one and a half) really bad games from Italy.

Orodaran

#220 Post by Orodaran » 20 Jun 2010 16:49

Lews wrote:Oro, there's your example of Italian diving.
Didn't really see any, I just saw actual fouls by those New Zealand players - and on their goal there was a foul on Gilardino AND their scorer was in offside.

....which doesn't change the fact that Italy is quite the major suckage so far....
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Pathfinder

#221 Post by Pathfinder » 20 Jun 2010 16:50

Mackasfour wrote:I don't see us beating Serbia by 2 so we're done :|
Neither do I. :P

Just kidding...though, I wouldn't be surprised if some of Serbian players handballs again, and you get a penalty. But I would prefer that Aussies continue with getting red cards early. :D

Edain

#222 Post by Edain » 20 Jun 2010 16:58

Where's the Austrian team?

:mrgreen:
"Edis Rehto Eht Morf Snoitanigami!"

Pathfinder

#223 Post by Pathfinder » 20 Jun 2010 17:02

Edain wrote:Where's the Austrian team?

:mrgreen:
Home. :P

Orodaran

#224 Post by Orodaran » 20 Jun 2010 17:52

EPIC FAIL.

Given and not granted that Italy somehow qualifies, they will never win the group, and so the Netherlands will easily kick us back home.... dutchies, how do you feel to have the privilege to eliminate the reigning world champions? :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Pathfinder

#225 Post by Pathfinder » 20 Jun 2010 18:08

Oro, it seems you're running a bit ahead of yourself. :) With this kind of game, I wouldn't bet my money on Italy against Slovakia. Unfortunately for Italy fans, it is possible that Italy gets eliminated even in group stage. Though, I don't think that will happen, but it is possibility. And who would have guessed that it will be hard for Italy in this group before the tournament started?

Orodaran

#226 Post by Orodaran » 20 Jun 2010 18:17

Hey, I said it, "given and not granted" :P

Well, it was indeed hard to tell that Italy would have not won the group, and it's no consolation to see other favorite teams suck as well... looks like Argentina may have no rivals in winning now... (ok, this is again looking too far ahead :P )
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Desert_Storm

#227 Post by Desert_Storm » 20 Jun 2010 18:22

Orodaran wrote: looks like Argentina may have no rivals in winning now... (ok, this is again looking too far ahead :P )
Nah, I´m not sure about that. I think they´ll be stopped sooner or later by either North Korea or New Zealand.

Pathfinder

#228 Post by Pathfinder » 20 Jun 2010 21:35

Orodaran wrote:Hey, I said it, "given and not granted" :P

Well, it was indeed hard to tell that Italy would have not won the group, and it's no consolation to see other favorite teams suck as well... looks like Argentina may have no rivals in winning now... (ok, this is again looking too far ahead :P )
I somehow overlooked that "given" part. :) My bad.

I don't know about Argentina, they haven't been that impressive. Actually, I can't name one team that was really playing good football. Argentina had good game, the first one was nothing special. Like most of the people jumped on Germany bandwagon when they won 4:0 against Australia, and now are jumping off after loss to Serbia. I think it's quite possible that something similar will happen to Argentina, first bigger opponent, and they might lose.

Orodaran

#229 Post by Orodaran » 20 Jun 2010 21:38

And as we type this, Brazil is winning 2-0 against Ivory Coast!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Pathfinder

#230 Post by Pathfinder » 20 Jun 2010 21:41

Was it me, or Fabiano touched the ball twice with his hand before he scored?

Orodaran

#231 Post by Orodaran » 20 Jun 2010 21:47

Well, parts of his shoulder :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Orodaran

#232 Post by Orodaran » 20 Jun 2010 22:08

Now, what the bloody hell the ivorian player achieved!?!?!? :shock: he ran THE WHOLE ENTIRE DAMN FIELD by himself, before being stopped from shooting, and eventually keeping the action on so that Drogba could eventually score........ but man, he totally did deserve to score by his own!!!!!!!!!

Brazil 3 - Ivory Coast 1 now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

nerjal

#233 Post by nerjal » 21 Jun 2010 00:49

Red card for Kaka was not... :x
Bravery is not a function of Firepower - JC Denton

Bender B. Rodriguez

#234 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 21 Jun 2010 00:57

i think the red card was ok,besides,gives him time to rest before the next round.one thing though...some of the fouls ivory coast players did ,deserved red card,some defenders were out of control.

nerjal

#235 Post by nerjal » 21 Jun 2010 01:08

Yeah... we shouldn't complain actually
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRCa71Kmw
LOL :p

But you're right, Kaka needs to rest... most aimed brazilian
Bravery is not a function of Firepower - JC Denton

Bender B. Rodriguez

#236 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 21 Jun 2010 01:18

same thing,but no ball this time around.The Ivory coast player did overplay it a bit,but still,kaká shouldn't have put his elbow there.Same goes for the turkish guy in 2002,rivaldo tossed himself to the ground and all,but the turkish guy shouldn't have kicked the ball towards him anyway.
BTW,i think Kaká is going to be in his best shape for the next round and he'll kick some serious ass.

Mackasfour

#237 Post by Mackasfour » 21 Jun 2010 08:54

Pathfinder wrote:
Mackasfour wrote:I don't see us beating Serbia by 2 so we're done :|
But I would prefer that Aussies continue with getting red cards early. :D
I think we'll just get reds for showing up next game
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Daijin

#238 Post by Daijin » 21 Jun 2010 10:27

I'm so sick and tired of this shit. I've played football all my life and I almost can't take watching it in TV anymore. FIFA tries to eliminate any emotion from the game by handing out yellow cards for absurd offenses (like being too happy after scoring). I'm waiting for the day when you get a card for getting angry at a player that kicked you.
Referees give cards for minor fouls that happen all the time in football and without intent. The result can be seen on the field. Players diving when gently touched, players acting is if they stepped on a landmine when tackled, players dying of a broken skull when shoved to the chest.

A red card is totally justified for punching an opponent. But at the same time it should be perfectly allowed to shove someone away with open hands who comes too close to you in order to provoke. And players like Keita should be given a red card after the game (when the referee had the chance to watch the events on tape) because faking a punch like that is way more unsportsmanlike than most fouls you will find in a normal game.
So, supposed a robot wants to kill all the humans that makes him "a radical".
- Bender
Well, the truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
- Elim Garak

blind-man

#239 Post by blind-man » 21 Jun 2010 11:39

That's bullshit! Kaka did absolutely nothing! If anything, he just raised his arms because that stupid Ivory Coast player came running towards him. And his elbow didn't even touch that douche bag's face! Thankfully Brazil is already qualified for the next phase.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

Daijin

#240 Post by Daijin » 21 Jun 2010 11:58

Was that related to my reply? Because I agree that the card against Kaka was totally unjustified.
So, supposed a robot wants to kill all the humans that makes him "a radical".
- Bender
Well, the truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
- Elim Garak

Thorin_Eichenschild

#241 Post by Thorin_Eichenschild » 21 Jun 2010 12:02

The referee of the brazilian game was the total opposite of the one of the german game against serbia. Unbelievable what he didn't saw....hard fouls of players from the ivory coast and he did nothing, Luis Fabiano taking the ball two times with his hand before the 2:0 and at least the second one you just HAVE TO see and in the end sending Kaka of the field for nothing.
But Luis Fabiano reaction was also ridiculous....lying to the referee that it was his chest and in an interview after the game talking about a "holy hand of god" or something. Oh please :lol: :roll:

I think I've never saw that many bad referees during a world cup :roll:
HAIL TO THE GRAIL Grailknights Battlechoir \m/ :twisted: \m/

-Mitglied der 3 lustigen 2-
*other 1 of the 2 Jay's*

blind-man

#242 Post by blind-man » 21 Jun 2010 14:52

Daijin wrote:Was that related to my reply? Because I agree that the card against Kaka was totally unjustified.
The "bullshit" part was about the referee's decision, and not your post ;).
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

Dentarthurdent

#243 Post by Dentarthurdent » 21 Jun 2010 14:58

Commie-Korea gets its share today...
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Bender B. Rodriguez

#244 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 21 Jun 2010 15:39

7 - 0 ,lol

Thorin_Eichenschild

#245 Post by Thorin_Eichenschild » 21 Jun 2010 16:32

and another ridiculous red card :roll:
HAIL TO THE GRAIL Grailknights Battlechoir \m/ :twisted: \m/

-Mitglied der 3 lustigen 2-
*other 1 of the 2 Jay's*

Dentarthurdent

#246 Post by Dentarthurdent » 21 Jun 2010 16:36

another toaster...
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Lews

#247 Post by Lews » 21 Jun 2010 16:48

Do the refs have a certain number of cards they have to give each match or something? FIFA gives them a number before each match, and if they don't give those cards they don't get paid!

Seems like the only thing making sense after a lot what I've seen these last few days.

Desert_Storm

#248 Post by Desert_Storm » 21 Jun 2010 17:21

WTF is going on with that fucking ref??

Bender B. Rodriguez

#249 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 21 Jun 2010 17:53

hello friend :mrgreen:

Desert_Storm

#250 Post by Desert_Storm » 21 Jun 2010 17:55

Hi, fellow cookie-maker buddy :wink:
Well congrats to Chile, fortunate for Switzerland that Chile didn´t manage to make more of the many chances they had.
And also congrats to FIFA for proving once more that they are highly incompetent in their mind-numbingly stupid choices of the refs.