South Africa 2010 World Cup

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Desert_Storm

Re: South Africa 2010 World Cup

#451 Post by Desert_Storm » 29 Jun 2010 21:19

Man these tv-stations today... they announced Portugal-Spain for tonight and now they're showing the rerun of Spain-Switzerland...
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Orodaran

#452 Post by Orodaran » 29 Jun 2010 21:20

I'm watching it 8) 0-0 so far but entertaining match.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ended on penalties though....
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Beren Ercharmion

#453 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 29 Jun 2010 21:52

1:0 Spain - no surprise, after the last couple of minutes
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#454 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 29 Jun 2010 21:52

goal,fucking villa,i hate that guy
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#455 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 29 Jun 2010 21:52

great assist though :mrgreen:

Wicked Child

#456 Post by Wicked Child » 29 Jun 2010 21:59

Well.. I think Holland has a great team, but I don't think they can handle Brazil. I watched past Holland games and didn't surprise me at all. The deffense is ridiculously slow. Brazil didn't surprise me either, but I think that for an emotional game as it is, the tradition will count pro-Brazilian team and if they manage to score first, hardly Holland will be able to win. Mostly because of the world's best deffense being Brazil's one. In past WCs Holland always scored but Brazil never had such a brilliant deffensive sector. Our strikers, though, were always brilliant and this time it's not different.
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Orodaran

#457 Post by Orodaran » 29 Jun 2010 22:03

I think too that Brazil is already in the final...

...and I bet now Portugal regrets being sissies with Brazil and having been just happy with the draw and the second place in the group :twisted:
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Bender B. Rodriguez

#458 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 29 Jun 2010 22:24

what a boring match,bunch of panzies is what they are...worst match evahrrrrr

Orodaran

#459 Post by Orodaran » 29 Jun 2010 22:25

Orodaran wrote:Anyway, this is the awesome "Write the future" video from Nike....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE

As funny and entertaining it is, we have to consider that:

- Drogba is out
- Cannavaro is out and just sucked balls
- Ribery and the whole France, let's have some mercy on them and let's not even talk about it
- Rooney just out
- Ronaldinho wasn't even capped

Since Ronaldo is the only one left and there's Spain - Portugal incoming, how about making a safe bet on Spain and earning some easy money? :lol:

Saw it coming
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Desert_Storm

#460 Post by Desert_Storm » 29 Jun 2010 22:32

Orodaran wrote:I'm watching it 8) 0-0 so far but entertaining match.
I wrote:and now they're showing the rerun of Spain-Switzerland...
I think we were watching the same match, at least the first 45 mins ;) Spain having the ball and attacking all the time without getting past the other defense kind of reminded me of something ;)
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

blind-man

#461 Post by blind-man » 30 Jun 2010 00:20

Spain deserved to win, Portugal just plainly sucked. Especially on the second half. I was actually expecting Spain to score at least one more time. And Cristiano Ronaldo was probably the biggest disappointment of the entire WC.

As for Brazil, damn, Holland again! I can't help but remember that tense 1994 match. I hope we win more easily this time around :D.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

Bender B. Rodriguez

#462 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 30 Jun 2010 05:01

blind-man wrote:As for Brazil, damn, Holland again! I can't help but remember that tense 1994 match. I hope we win more easily this time around :D.
that match was a fucking terror movie! :x

Lews

#463 Post by Lews » 30 Jun 2010 06:16

I don't remember the '94 match, but the '98 match was awfully close as well.

If it comes down to penalties again, I hope my heart holds out :P.
*I think they are deadly poisonous zanzibar hamsters*

No‘am

#464 Post by No‘am » 30 Jun 2010 07:46

Aren't you taking it a little too far and a little too seriously?
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

blind-man

#465 Post by blind-man » 30 Jun 2010 15:21

I think you're the one who's taking our posts a little too seriously :wink:. None of us will actually die because of a football match.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

Daijin

#466 Post by Daijin » 30 Jun 2010 16:05

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! YOU'RE ONLY BITCHING BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T QUALIFY!!!!!!
So, supposed a robot wants to kill all the humans that makes him "a radical".
- Bender
Well, the truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
- Elim Garak

Wicked Child

#467 Post by Wicked Child » 30 Jun 2010 16:59

In '94 Brazil only suffered because of its ugly deffense. Holland was great, but even then Brazil was superior. Romario and Bebeto owned that match. And Branco saved us with that monster kick.

In '98 Ronaldo lost at least 2 clear chances to score - which led us to penalties.

Now I think Holland will have their chance if they manage to score early. Otherwise, their deffense won't hold too long.

About the other matches, what do you think?

I bet on Uruguay beating Ghana, Spain beating Paraguay.. but none of them will make it to the finals that will be Brazil against Arentina/Germany (hard to foresee anything about this match).

spamel

#468 Post by spamel » 30 Jun 2010 17:07

blind-man wrote:I think you're the one who's taking our posts a little too seriously :wink:. None of us will actually die because of a football match.
It has happened in the past! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9s_Escobar
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Bender B. Rodriguez

#469 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 30 Jun 2010 17:15

Wicked Child wrote:I bet on Uruguay beating Ghana, Spain beating Paraguay.. but none of them will make it to the finals that will be Brazil against Arentina/Germany (hard to foresee anything about this match).
I think Argentina beats Germany,don't know how,but they'll win.Spain will beat Paraguay,but it's not gonna be easy.Uruguay beats Ghana and Brazil beats Holland.

Wicked Child

#470 Post by Wicked Child » 30 Jun 2010 18:40

My theory is that Argentina winning the match against Germany will only be possible scoring more than 2 times. That's simply because Germany is definetely gonna make at least 2 goals on that shameless Argentina defense. With that in mind, Arg can scor 2 and go for the penalties, score 3 and win it or bye bye Argentina... leave to the Germans to face Brazil. :wink:

Bender B. Rodriguez

#471 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 30 Jun 2010 18:53

Wicked Child wrote:My theory is that Argentina winning the match against Germany will only be possible scoring more than 2 times. That's simply because Germany is definetely gonna make at least 2 goals on that shameless Argentina defense. With that in mind, Arg can scor 2 and go for the penalties, score 3 and win it or bye bye Argentina... leave to the Germans to face Brazil. :wink:
argentina will win,and that is,by ANY means...i think this World Cup was made with the clear intention of having Brazil Vs Argentina in the final,so don't be surprised if the referee "accidentaly" fucks up in favor of any of those teams.

Orodaran

#472 Post by Orodaran » 30 Jun 2010 19:39

I think Uruguay, Spain and Brazil are going to win. Germany vs Argentina is truly a " 1 - x - 2" kind of match, they both have equal chances to win.

I still wish for the dutchies to win, and so the Germans, and let the Cup stay in Europe, but I just don't think Brazil is going to lose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Wicked Child

#473 Post by Wicked Child » 30 Jun 2010 20:29

If Brazil loses, I'll support Uruguay.. if they lose, I will surprinsingly support Holland against any country.

Bender B. Rodriguez

#474 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 30 Jun 2010 20:32

i insist
:arrow:
Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:argentina will win,and that is,by ANY means...i think this World Cup was made with the clear intention of having Brazil Vs Argentina in the final,so don't be surprised if the referee "accidentaly" fucks up in favor of any of those teams.

Bender B. Rodriguez

#475 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 01 Jul 2010 14:39

can't believe we're only 8 matchs away from the end of the world cup's end :|

Orodaran

#476 Post by Orodaran » 01 Jul 2010 14:42

I still can't believe Italy sucked so bad, actually
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez

#477 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 01 Jul 2010 14:46

BTW,are there any names for a new coach?

Orodaran

#478 Post by Orodaran » 01 Jul 2010 14:48

names? it was already decided before the World cup's beginning that Lippi would have been succeded by Cesare Prandelli, who was up until then the coach for Fiorentina :wink: his presentation is today, actually.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez

#479 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 01 Jul 2010 14:52

well,i know nothing about Cesare(yet),but he has a cool name,sounds nice when saying it out loud "CESARE".i'm guessing his first task is qualifying to the next euro cup.

blind-man

#480 Post by blind-man » 01 Jul 2010 15:12

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Brazil, Argentina, Spain and Uruguay passing to the next phase, even though I'd love to see Germany sending Maradona home! :twisted:

Bender B. Rodriguez

#481 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 01 Jul 2010 15:17

blind-man wrote:If I had to bet, I'd bet on Brazil, Argentina, Spain and Uruguay passing to the next phase, even though I'd love to see Germany sending Maradona home! :twisted:
that's Brazil's job,in the final,maybe maradona will shut the fuck up after Brazil kicks his ass

Orodaran

#482 Post by Orodaran » 01 Jul 2010 15:23

My preferences for winning the cup...

1: Germany. 'nuff said.
2 and 3, tied: Spain and the Netherlands. If the germans fail, at least keep the Cup in Europe.
4, 5 and 6 tied: Uruguay, Ghana and Paraguay, for the lulz.
7: Argentina. No Maradona winning.
8: Brazil. 5 titles are already too many and I want Italy to equalize in 2014, instead of having Brazil at 6 and Italy at 4 :twisted:
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

nerjal

#483 Post by nerjal » 01 Jul 2010 22:02

Newspapers: Pelé said Maradona is too eccentric to lead a team and Maradona said to Pelé return to the museum lol :lol:
Bravery is not a function of Firepower - JC Denton

Orodaran

#484 Post by Orodaran » 01 Jul 2010 22:38

nerjal wrote:Newspapers: Pelé said Maradona is too eccentric to lead a team and Maradona said to Pelé return to the museum lol :lol:
Both could be considered by many the greatest football player ever lived. It's certainly no surprise that they're envious of each other's success since without any of the two, the remaining one would probably be universally heralded as the best one ever.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

blind-man

#485 Post by blind-man » 02 Jul 2010 00:42

nerjal wrote:Newspapers: Pelé said Maradona is too eccentric to lead a team and Maradona said to Pelé return to the museum lol :lol:
Well, Pelé isn't exactly a model citizen himself! As Romário once said: "Pelé is a poet when he keeps his mouth shut." :lol:

Bender B. Rodriguez

#486 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 02 Jul 2010 01:40

blind-man wrote:
Well, Pelé isn't exactly a model citizen himself! As Romário once said: "Pelé is a poet when he keeps his mouth shut." :lol:
Romario was like Pele and Garrincha,all together in one player,he owns pelé anytime,besides when Pelé used to play,defenders were horrible.

blind-man

#487 Post by blind-man » 02 Jul 2010 15:49

Brazil x Holland in a few minutes. Boy oh boy, this will be one hell of a match!

Cigoth

#488 Post by Cigoth » 02 Jul 2010 16:56

1-0 for Brazil already :( Not looking good if Holland continues playing this way.
Brazil is pretty much dominating the match...
What started in the underworld,
It should be finished here and now.

Dentarthurdent

#489 Post by Dentarthurdent » 02 Jul 2010 17:17

equalized!

If the dutchies win this, well, that'd be cool^^
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Cigoth

#490 Post by Cigoth » 02 Jul 2010 17:27

OMG 2-1!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thorin_Eichenschild

#491 Post by Thorin_Eichenschild » 02 Jul 2010 17:27

Gooooo Dutchies 8)
HAIL TO THE GRAIL Grailknights Battlechoir \m/ :twisted: \m/

-Mitglied der 3 lustigen 2-
*other 1 of the 2 Jay's*

Dentarthurdent

#492 Post by Dentarthurdent » 02 Jul 2010 17:30

Red Card! And well earned as well...
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

Lews

#493 Post by Lews » 02 Jul 2010 17:32

What a stupid red card. Seriously, what did Melo think would happen?

First half was definitely for Brazil, second half seems for the Dutch so far.

Dentarthurdent

#494 Post by Dentarthurdent » 02 Jul 2010 17:34

I'm not sure if Brazil was prepared for this. They seem pretty unneved, and when I look at how Robinho was going at Robben right now, I'm not sure if they'll finish with 10 players...

Lews

#495 Post by Lews » 02 Jul 2010 17:39

It seems though that they get more chances now that they are with 10 men, those corners were too close for comfort.

Cigoth

#496 Post by Cigoth » 02 Jul 2010 17:51

We won! :mrgreen:

spamel

#497 Post by spamel » 02 Jul 2010 17:54

That must have been a difficult game, well done to the Dutchies.
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Thorin_Eichenschild

#498 Post by Thorin_Eichenschild » 02 Jul 2010 17:58

Thank you, dutchies.

Now we have to win tomorrow against Argentina and then everything is fine, even if we won't win the cup. I don't care as long as Argentina and Maradona won't win that cup.

And it would be nice to see what Maradona would say after a loss :lol:
HAIL TO THE GRAIL Grailknights Battlechoir \m/ :twisted: \m/

-Mitglied der 3 lustigen 2-
*other 1 of the 2 Jay's*

Beren Ercharmion

#499 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 02 Jul 2010 18:04

Great!
didn't expect that, but it's great to both see Brazil go home and the dutch stay in, and now they got a really good chance of reaching the final.
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

The Rider Of Rohan

#500 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 02 Jul 2010 18:11

Bye bye Brazil!

spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.