South Africa 2010 World Cup

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
The Rider Of Rohan

Re: South Africa 2010 World Cup

#51 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 15 Jun 2010 07:04

Q: How do Italian football players train for the world Cup?
A: They take turns falling on the ground
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Daijin

#52 Post by Daijin » 15 Jun 2010 14:24

And afterwards they train complaining to the referee.
So, supposed a robot wants to kill all the humans that makes him "a radical".
- Bender
Well, the truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
- Elim Garak

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#53 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 15 Jun 2010 17:16

Ivory Coast - Portugal are still tied...boring match man,as most of the matches of this tournament.
BTW,the fucking "vuvuzela's" sound a bit like the begining of Nevermore's,Enemies of Reality :mrgreen:
still hate that neverending noise though
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Orodaran

#54 Post by Orodaran » 15 Jun 2010 19:34

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:Q: How do Italian football players train for the world Cup?
A: They take turns falling on the ground
Daijin wrote:And afterwards they train complaining to the referee.
Do you have any episode from yesterday's match to back this up or you just like to replay jokes based on black&white, cartoonish stereotypes?

(Anyway, I was especting a bit more from Portugal vs Ivory Coast...)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Belgarion

#55 Post by Belgarion » 15 Jun 2010 19:37

Folks, Italy played much better than Paraguay, at least in the second half. So shut up. :)
In this world there are two tragedies, one is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde

God gave men a brain and a penis and only enough blood to work one at a time.

The Rider Of Rohan

#56 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 15 Jun 2010 20:00

Orodaran wrote:Do you have any episode from yesterday's match to back this up or you just like to replay jokes based on black&white, cartoonish stereotypes?
I leave you te be the judge of that.

Btw...

Q: What's the thinnest book ever written?
A: '500 years of German humour'
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Daijin

#57 Post by Daijin » 15 Jun 2010 20:07

Orodaran wrote: Do you have any episode from yesterday's match to back this up or you just like to replay jokes based on black&white, cartoonish stereotypes?
The latter. ;)

And now, for the rest of the day, I'm going to pout because of the terrible insult towards Germans.
- Bender
- Elim Garak

Orodaran

#58 Post by Orodaran » 15 Jun 2010 22:21

Brazil 2 - North Korea 1.... I bet the whole world was rooting for the Koreans the last 2 minutes :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#59 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 15 Jun 2010 22:30

This particular Brazilian team is so damn boring,that Dunga guy has got to go.And portugal,big disapointment for me,granted they didn't have Nani on the field,but they could've done a way better job.

Orodaran

#60 Post by Orodaran » 15 Jun 2010 22:37

So far we had, among the big ones:
Argentina: scores with a defender and wastes 10000 occasions
England: the goalkeeper sucks
Germany: great
Italy: hit and miss
Brazil: takes an hour to score to Korea and 1 minute to almost waste it all
Portugal: nothing happened

We'll see what Spain will come up with tomorrow.... come on, one HAS to win the Cup somehow, they'd better show they deserve it!!! :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Saurius

#61 Post by Saurius » 15 Jun 2010 22:38

shit matches up till now except for germany vs australia and south korea vs greece...
"Sing it you pussies!"

Bender B. Rodriguez

#62 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 15 Jun 2010 22:52

Orodaran wrote:We'll see what Spain will come up with tomorrow.... come on, one HAS to win the Cup somehow, they'd better show they deserve it!!! :P
watch Chile tomorrow,on the same group as spain,there's a big hype about their debut since the coach is former argentinian coach Marcelo Bielsa(who failed to qualify on korea/japan but won gold on the greek olympians)
Who knows,the ass of the world might kick some ass this time around :mrgreen:

nerjal

#63 Post by nerjal » 16 Jun 2010 03:16

I cursed Brazil so much during the match... what a big time crappy performance compared to the Confederations Cup...

I got to rest and sleep before give a rational opinion... :lol:
Bravery is not a function of Firepower - JC Denton

Bender B. Rodriguez

#64 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 16 Jun 2010 07:22

Maicon's goal was amazing though.

No‘am

#65 Post by No‘am » 16 Jun 2010 09:03

I heard that the Korean captain was warned that he'll be executed if the team loses.
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Frozen within

#66 Post by Frozen within » 16 Jun 2010 10:46

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:Maicon's goal was amazing though.
I have rarely seen goals scored (intentionally) like that, he had practically reached the end of the field with just centimeters left before it would have been a goalkick. He knew exactly what he was doing the whole time. Maicon was godlike during the entire match btw, good luck to all offensive players on the left side to get past that guy ... Today's up : SPAIN ! I really hope they will leave a great impression and manage to progress far into the tournament this time. On paper at least, their team is the best of the whole bunch.
Eat more vegetables !

Frozen within

#67 Post by Frozen within » 16 Jun 2010 10:48

No‘am wrote:I heard that the Korean captain was warned that he'll be executed if the team loses.
I had to laugh about the fact that random Chinese folks were hired to look like Korean supporters in the stadium, because real North Koreans would probabaly never return home afterwards.
Eat more vegetables !

Andreas

#68 Post by Andreas » 16 Jun 2010 11:16

^That was hilarious indeed
Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:Maicon's goal was amazing though.
Somehow I liked the second goal the most. Really cool finishing after an amazing pass.

Dentarthurdent

#69 Post by Dentarthurdent » 16 Jun 2010 11:18

I have also heard that they didn't find a company to equip them, so in the end they had to buy a set of trkots-
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Daijin

#70 Post by Daijin » 16 Jun 2010 11:54

No‘am wrote:I heard that the Korean captain was warned that he'll be executed if the team loses.
The sad thing is that it is difficult to tell if this is a joke.
- Bender
- Elim Garak

Bender B. Rodriguez

#71 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 16 Jun 2010 16:17

Well,Chile won...1 to 0...against(behold) HONDURAS!!!...and of course,our stupid media is already talking how Chile has played the best football of this world cup...tsk tsk...now people are outside cheering like if we had won the fucking thing!And the goal was scored by Beausejeaur,with his ASS!! :lol: hahaha

man,really makes you think...

Bender B. Rodriguez

#72 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 16 Jun 2010 17:15

What about Spain,heh? They're losing...makes me remind what happened to France in Korea/Japan 2002.
[EDIT]
Correction:They lost...bring in the keyboard cat to play them off lol
Last edited by Bender B. Rodriguez on 16 Jun 2010 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

Desert_Storm

#73 Post by Desert_Storm » 16 Jun 2010 17:53

We Won!! :mrgreen: :twisted:
edit:
Frozen Within wrote:Today's up : SPAIN ! I really hope they will leave a great impression and manage to progress far into the tournament this time. On paper at least, their team is the best of the whole bunch.
:P
Last edited by Desert_Storm on 17 Jun 2010 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Lews

#74 Post by Lews » 16 Jun 2010 17:58

While on one hand I like underdogs winning, in this case it just seems too much. Spain was playing attacking football the entire time, got very very unlucky and lost, I can imagine it feeling really unfair if you're Spanish.

That said, they have two more matches to make amends, so good luck to them, and congratulations to Switzerland!
*I think they are deadly poisonous zanzibar hamsters*

Desert_Storm

#75 Post by Desert_Storm » 16 Jun 2010 20:15

Lews wrote:While on one hand I like underdogs winning, in this case it just seems too much. Spain was playing attacking football the entire time, got very very unlucky and lost, I can imagine it feeling really unfair if you're Spanish.
I'm not so sure about that. Of course, Spain was playing a very nice offensive most of the time, but the Swiss defense did great as well (especially the goalie!). The one thing that I would consider "unfair" would be the when Spain hit the crossbar, on the other hand Switzerland hat that moment too when they hit the post, so I think it's pretty balanced.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Orodaran

#76 Post by Orodaran » 16 Jun 2010 20:55

Well, what was the old saying? "Football is a simple game, 22 people chase after a ball and then the germans win" :P

So far it seems true, let's see the second round what will bring - I still have to understand if everyone is playing safe because, for the first match, they consider NOT losing far more essential and important, or just because everyone is burned out from the european season only to find themselves having to play an extra month when all of a sudden it's winter...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez

#77 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 16 Jun 2010 21:08

Orodaran wrote:Well, what was the old saying? "Football is a simple game, 22 people chase after a ball and then the germans win" :P
you're thinking about brazil there :P

Saurius

#78 Post by Saurius » 16 Jun 2010 21:30

no gary liniker said that. then again the sprudi's played very well, and spain... they fucked up
"Sing it you pussies!"

Bender B. Rodriguez

#79 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 16 Jun 2010 21:48

just a little update
South Africa 0
Uruguay 1
Forlan scored

looks like South africa is going home...no wait,they're already there haha

Orodaran

#80 Post by Orodaran » 16 Jun 2010 22:25

It's 3-0!!!! poor guys :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez

#81 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 16 Jun 2010 23:07

they're out LOL,this is like having a fancy dinner at your house but you're the only one not allowed to eat.
anyway,good for uruguay,they deserved to win.

No‘am

#82 Post by No‘am » 16 Jun 2010 23:15

Daijin wrote:
The sad thing is that it is difficult to tell if this is a joke.
The guy that told me that said he was serious, and he's in East Asian Studies. I didn't find any reports about it in the media, but what I did find was a report saying that they're planning to air the game against Brazil edited so that the outcome will be 0-1.
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

wade-newb

#83 Post by wade-newb » 16 Jun 2010 23:38

Orodaran wrote:It's 3-0!!!! poor guys :P
We really played badly today! :P

Totally not what I expected from Bafana Bafana. They were an utter mess today. Hopefully our team can pull it together and play like I know they can to beat France.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

wade-newb

#84 Post by wade-newb » 16 Jun 2010 23:41

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:they're out LOL,this is like having a fancy dinner at your house but you're the only one not allowed to eat.
We're not out yet...We still have a chance if we beat France. And we will! :mrgreen:

Bender B. Rodriguez

#85 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 16 Jun 2010 23:43

wade-newb wrote:
Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:they're out LOL,this is like having a fancy dinner at your house but you're the only one not allowed to eat.
We're not out yet...We still have a chance if we beat France. And we will! :mrgreen:
You'd have to beat France(wish i hope you do,Domenech is awful) and wait hope that mexico loses or ties both of their matches...actually there are a number of combinations that could lead South Africa qualifying to the next round,but i'm not too much into math at the moment :mrgreen:

wade-newb

#86 Post by wade-newb » 16 Jun 2010 23:50

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:
wade-newb wrote:
You'd have to beat France(wish i hope you do,Domenech is awful) and wait hope that mexico loses or ties both of their matches...actually there are a number of combinations that could lead South Africa qualifying to the next round,but i'm not too much into math at the moment :mrgreen:
I sincerely hope we go through as well. France isn't looking too good at the moment though, and if we play like we played against Mexico, without our typical stupid errors, we can win.

I really, really dislike whichever referee was at todays match. We only should've lost 1-0!

Andreas

#87 Post by Andreas » 17 Jun 2010 09:19

That's weird, because in my opinion, Bussacca is one of the best referees of Europe. But he was right about the penalty, it was clear that the goalkeeper hit Suarez.

Dentarthurdent

#88 Post by Dentarthurdent » 17 Jun 2010 14:08

but apaprently, Suarez was 2mm offside, so it shouldn't have come to that foul -.-

But I think that the referees in general are doing a pretty lousy job this tournament.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Bender B. Rodriguez

#89 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 17 Jun 2010 14:38

Dentarthurdent wrote:but apaprently, Suarez was 2mm offside, so it shouldn't have come to that foul -.-
when the ref is not sure about an offside,it has to be disregarded...or so i've heard.

Orodaran

#90 Post by Orodaran » 17 Jun 2010 14:59

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:You'd have to beat France(wish i hope you do,Domenech is awful)
Well, I hope France gets beaten already today :mrgreen:

There's only one thing France is useful for during a World cup, and that's beating Brazil. Once they've done that, they can as well go home.

:P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez

#91 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 17 Jun 2010 15:15

i'll even bet france loses against mexico today,that way avoiding them to clash with Brazil...you know,Brazil has a disease called "fear of france".

BTW,Argentina is winning against South Korea at the moment,Higuain has just scored this cup's first Hat-trick,awesome.

Thorin_Eichenschild

#92 Post by Thorin_Eichenschild » 17 Jun 2010 16:16

After Spain losing against Switzerland, there is a high possibility that in the round of the last 16 there'll be a match: Brazil vs Spain

Sounds nice 8)

But I'm curious how the south american teams will get along with the coldness in the evening. I mean....I read something about -1°C in the match Brazil vs North Korea.
HAIL TO THE GRAIL Grailknights Battlechoir \m/ :twisted: \m/

-Mitglied der 3 lustigen 2-
*other 1 of the 2 Jay's*

Lews

#93 Post by Lews » 17 Jun 2010 16:44

Okay, that reaction by Kaita was stupid as hell, he obviously deserved that red card. Though I can understand it, and I think the Greek player should've at least gotten a warning. Provoking like that and punching the ball into the stomach of an opposing player shouldn't be allowed IMO.

Bender B. Rodriguez

#94 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 17 Jun 2010 17:07

Thorin_Eichenschild wrote:After Spain losing against Switzerland, there is a high possibility that in the round of the last 16 there'll be a match: Brazil vs Spain

Sounds nice 8)

But I'm curious how the south american teams will get along with the coldness in the evening. I mean....I read something about -1°C in the match Brazil vs North Korea.
well,most south american players play in europe,so it shouldn't be that big of a deal for them.

Thorin_Eichenschild

#95 Post by Thorin_Eichenschild » 17 Jun 2010 17:14

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote: well,most south american players play in europe,so it shouldn't be that big of a deal for them.
But on the other hand, I often hear the (mostly) brazilian players in germany say that they want to play in spain, cause they don't get along with the coldness in germany. But I think you are right....it shouldn't be a big deal. Maybe a small one ;)

But I would have never thought that it could be that cold in south africa....even in winter.
HAIL TO THE GRAIL Grailknights Battlechoir \m/ :twisted: \m/

-Mitglied der 3 lustigen 2-
*other 1 of the 2 Jay's*

Orodaran

#96 Post by Orodaran » 17 Jun 2010 17:19

Haha, Greece fails a goal already done, and on the counter attack from Nigeria, they equally fail a goal already done :D :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez

#97 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 17 Jun 2010 17:21

Orodaran wrote:Haha, Greece fails a goal already done, and on the counter attack from Nigeria, they equally fail a goal already done :D :P
really makes you think,doesn't it?i was already screaming GOAAAAAL,and it came out as GOAAAAAAL....NOOOOOO!!!! AHHHHH!

Lews

#98 Post by Lews » 17 Jun 2010 17:23

That Nigerian goalkeeper is very good, though. I already thought he was great in the Argentina match, and this match he really keeps Nigeria alive.

Bender B. Rodriguez

#99 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 17 Jun 2010 17:30

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!

Lews

#100 Post by Lews » 17 Jun 2010 17:31

Match is over, Greeks are going to have 11 people in the goal now.

Shame, it was a nice second half so far.