About changing names...

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Cerbere

About changing names...

#1 Post by Cerbere » 02 Jul 2010 22:45

Could an Admin help me with that?

Sleeping Dragon

Re: About changing names...

#2 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 02 Jul 2010 22:57

you can just change your name in the profile page thingy panel
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

Cerbere

#3 Post by Cerbere » 02 Jul 2010 23:01

Oh really

Cerbere

#4 Post by Cerbere » 02 Jul 2010 23:02

No I can't

Sleeping Dragon

#5 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 02 Jul 2010 23:04

awww, man. we used to do that all the time in the older forum. twas hilarity incarnate on several occasions.

Led Guardian

#6 Post by Led Guardian » 03 Jul 2010 05:25

That feature was disabled. Joost or Curufin or somebody posted about that a while ago. Yes, you contact an admin to change it.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#7 Post by Metal Fan » 03 Jul 2010 05:49

I remember Eoae changed his a few times :P
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Led Guardian

#8 Post by Led Guardian » 03 Jul 2010 05:54

WVM used to be The Wrong Man.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Metal Fan

#9 Post by Metal Fan » 03 Jul 2010 05:55

Ain't that true :lol:
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Orodaran

#10 Post by Orodaran » 03 Jul 2010 11:18

The best thing was when we all went Star Wars :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

The Rider Of Rohan

#11 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 03 Jul 2010 13:17

That's a vague memory... How exactly did it went?

There also was a time when everybody added 'of Fire' to their names.

Which was almost as funny as when some people added 'Valhalla' to their sigs in 2003 and the people who didn't went to Coburg were all asking what was going on. Obviously we never told them, and left it up to them to purchase the dvd a year later.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

No‘am

#12 Post by No‘am » 03 Jul 2010 14:59

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:That's a vague memory... How exactly did it went?

Which was almost as funny as when some people added 'Valhalla' to their sigs in 2003 and the people who didn't went to Coburg were all asking what was going on. Obviously we never told them, and left it up to them to purchase the dvd a year later.
My favourite was when a couple of us added "Spider" to our name after seeing the Simpsons film right as it came out, and most of the others didn't get what was going on, like a week or two before that year's Wacken where it became a great hit. We practically started that meme.
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Sleeping Dragon

#13 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 03 Jul 2010 15:11

i remember all of those but i can't remember what i called myelf :P.

the only one i clearly remember is being Sleeping Kracken when the Pirates of the Caribbean fab was going on.

The Rider Of Rohan

#14 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 03 Jul 2010 15:25

No‘am wrote:
The Rider Of Rohan wrote:That's a vague memory... How exactly did it went?

My favourite was when a couple of us added "Spider" to our name after seeing the Simpsons film right as it came out, and most of the others didn't get what was going on, like a week or two before that year's Wacken where it became a great hit. We practically started that meme.
Lol, that part actually started at my house. That was a great summer. 8) I am still surprised the broodjes met kaas never caught on.

Hey Noam, are you coming this way again next August?
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

No‘am

#15 Post by No‘am » 03 Jul 2010 16:41

Yeah, I think it was you, Sarah and me who were watching it (in between Guitar Hero games and Boobarella) Not enough people know broodjes met kaas :)
I am coming, sort of. I'm going to Dong on the 23rd, then I have a summer course in Germany starting on the 1st of August, so between the 25th and the 31st I don't have anything solid planned yet, so I might come then.

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Metal Fan

#16 Post by Metal Fan » 03 Jul 2010 19:57

Lol this is funny. Why did they keep it like that?

West Virginia Mule

#17 Post by West Virginia Mule » 04 Jul 2010 01:29

I used to change my name all the time, but I just couldn't escape from myself.

I didn't know the option to change names had been removed, although it doesn't surprise me. Eventually, every post will have to be read and approved by an admin before being posted publicly to the forum. Content control. Thought control.

I used to be West Virginia Joost for a coupla weeks. We were all Joost something or other for a while. Them was salad days.
KILROY WAS HERE

Metal Fan

#18 Post by Metal Fan » 04 Jul 2010 06:32

West Virginia Mule wrote:I used to change my name all the time, but I just couldn't escape from myself.

I didn't know the option to change names had been removed, although it doesn't surprise me. Eventually, every post will have to be read and approved by an admin before being posted publicly to the forum. Content control. Thought control.
+1 China's already in it...

The Rider Of Rohan

#19 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 04 Jul 2010 11:43

No‘am wrote:Yeah, I think it was you, Sarah and me who were watching it (in between Guitar Hero games and Boobarella) Not enough people know broodjes met kaas :)
I am coming, sort of. I'm going to Dong on the 23rd, then I have a summer course in Germany starting on the 1st of August, so between the 25th and the 31st I don't have anything solid planned yet, so I might come then.
Well, feel free to visit Groningen. You know you're always welcome at my place. There's the same summer festival in my backyard as there was two years ago between august 19th and august 29th, so enough beer for us both. :)

But does your summer-course mean that you won't be making it to Wacken, which is starting a week later than usual? Or will you be taking a couple of days off?
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Gandalf de Grijze

#20 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 04 Jul 2010 13:10

yaaay summer and wine and bier
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

No‘am

#21 Post by No‘am » 04 Jul 2010 13:14

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:
No‘am wrote:Yeah, I think it was you, Sarah and me who were watching it (in between Guitar Hero games and Boobarella) Not enough people know broodjes met kaas :)
Well, feel free to visit Groningen. You know you're always welcome at my place. There's the same summer festival in my backyard as there was two years ago between august 19th and august 29th, so enough wine for us both. :)

But does your summer-course mean that you won't be making it to Wacken, which is starting a week later than usual? Or will you be taking a couple of days off?
I'll think about. You're also welcome to come visit me in Heidelberg.

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

The Rider Of Rohan

#22 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 04 Jul 2010 13:16

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:yaaay summer and wine and bier
Thank you. You just thought of the proper way to prevent writing wine instead of bier. Let's make it the new official spelling here in the koffieshop.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Gandalf de Grijze

#23 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 04 Jul 2010 15:03

I already suggested to Joost to also enter all teh variations to koffie and bier as censored
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands

John T. Berzanske IV

#24 Post by John T. Berzanske IV » 04 Jul 2010 15:30

I specifically remember everyone changing their name to Joost with varying degrees of phonetic interpretation. I'm not sure who's name was Juiced2, but it made me chuckle.
ra me nivar wrote:You can be satisfied after making a nice omelette, but I would need more to be fulfilled, like having a son, writting a book or fucking Nicole Kidman.
http://www.LychBand.com

Sarah

#25 Post by Sarah » 06 Jul 2010 18:42

I'll just support Noam here, the Spider thing was my favourtie
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

faery

#26 Post by faery » 07 Jul 2010 08:30

And there has also been a Roman and a Egyptian name craze, if I remember correctly.

Metal Fan

#27 Post by Metal Fan » 07 Jul 2010 09:26

If it worked so well and it was funny why didn't they keep it up?
Yeah, I hate the name Metal Fan..

Sleeping Dragon

#28 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 07 Jul 2010 11:19

crap, now i really feel like changing my name to start a new fashion.

Little Dragon

#29 Post by Little Dragon » 07 Jul 2010 13:07

not only you... and i have a really nice idea for it ;)
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

Cerbere

#30 Post by Cerbere » 07 Jul 2010 17:56

Well i'm thinking about changing my name to be alcohol related: Sir-Bier (because it sounds like cerbere)

Orodaran

#31 Post by Orodaran » 07 Jul 2010 23:31

Metal Fan wrote:If it worked so well and it was funny why didn't they keep it up?
Was there someone with a gun to your head forcing you to come up with a username in 3 seconds otherwise he would have shot you?
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Cerbere

#32 Post by Cerbere » 08 Jul 2010 02:00

I think he should change it to Metal Dan. Oro, are you able to change names?

Metal Fan

#33 Post by Metal Fan » 08 Jul 2010 03:25

Orodaran wrote:
Metal Fan wrote:If it worked so well and it was funny why didn't they keep it up?
Was there someone with a gun to your head forcing you to come up with a username in 3 seconds otherwise he would have shot you?
Back then it sounded good. She, and my name is not Dan.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#34 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 08 Jul 2010 04:24

awww c'mon,change her name,be nice.
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Mackasfour

#35 Post by Mackasfour » 08 Jul 2010 06:40

Cerbere wrote:Could an Admin help me with that?
Why would you wanna do that Carebear :(
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Orodaran

#36 Post by Orodaran » 08 Jul 2010 11:54

Cerbere wrote:I think he should change it to Metal Dan. Oro, are you able to change names?
Nope, the webmaster can - and probably Joost and Curufin as well...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Metal Fan

#37 Post by Metal Fan » 08 Jul 2010 20:38

DONT YOU DARE CHANGE MY NAME!

Cerbere

#38 Post by Cerbere » 09 Jul 2010 04:07

Metal Fan wrote: my name is not Dan.
You should definitely not google Metal Dan

Mackasfour

#39 Post by Mackasfour » 09 Jul 2010 06:13

Cerbere wrote:
O_O What has been read can not be un read :shock: :shock: :shock:
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

The Rider Of Rohan

#40 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 09 Jul 2010 07:23

Cerbere wrote:Well i'm thinking about changing my name to be alcohol related: Sir-Bier (because it sounds like cerbere)
You should change it to Care Bear, it sounds even closer.

spamel wrote:
Periods.

End Of An Era

#41 Post by End Of An Era » 09 Jul 2010 12:40

i vote care-bear too :P

Andreas

#42 Post by Andreas » 09 Jul 2010 15:02

+2
Mackasfour wrote:
Cerbere wrote:
Holy shit...

Cerbere

#43 Post by Cerbere » 09 Jul 2010 18:47

Mackasfour wrote:
Cerbere wrote:
Hey I said not to google it.

Metal Fan

#44 Post by Metal Fan » 09 Jul 2010 20:12

Why?

No‘am

#45 Post by No‘am » 09 Jul 2010 21:39

Let's also make up some term, enter it in the Urban Dictionary and tell people not to google it.

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Cerbere

#46 Post by Cerbere » 09 Jul 2010 22:02

No‘am wrote:Let's also make up some term, enter it in the Urban Dictionary and tell people not to google it.
Alright

Gandalf de Grijze

#47 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 12 Jul 2010 23:16

i'm for carebear as well

Mackasfour

#48 Post by Mackasfour » 13 Jul 2010 10:06

Metal Fan wrote:Why?
Learn from others mistakes and don't do it. It's best to not know some information in the world... I regret it >_<
Cerbere wrote:Hey I said not to google it.
And that just tweaks my curiosity... the name is no indication to what the action is. I didn't know what to expect lol

Joost

#49 Post by Joost » 16 Jul 2010 22:37

West Virginia Mule wrote:I didn't know the option to change names had been removed, although it doesn't surprise me. Eventually, every post will have to be read and approved by an admin before being posted publicly to the forum. Content control. Thought control.
Actually, even I didn't know that this option had been removed until now. :o

I wonder if this has been intentional on any of the other admins' sides. As far as I am concerned, the option to change names is perfectly fine.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Cerbere

#50 Post by Cerbere » 17 Jul 2010 04:33

Joost, change my name :evil: