To the Americans, have a great independence day

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
The Rider Of Rohan

To the Americans, have a great independence day

#1 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 04 Jul 2010 17:30

Just take it easy with the food and the booze, it's a working day tomorrow. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_LDDnV735o
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

Re: To the Americans, have a great independence day

#2 Post by Orodaran » 04 Jul 2010 17:32

Yeah, enjoy your "Fuck England, we've had enough" day!!!! 8)

btw, this should be a great occasion to listen to Declaration Day from Iced Earth :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

The Rider Of Rohan

#3 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 04 Jul 2010 17:33

Dude. Seriously.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

John T. Berzanske IV

#4 Post by John T. Berzanske IV » 04 Jul 2010 18:55

It actually came up on my playlist and I listened to it in full before I even realised it was apropriate for the occasion heh. We actually get tomorrow off because it landed on a Sunday this year. That being said, bring on the booze.
ra me nivar wrote:You can be satisfied after making a nice omelette, but I would need more to be fulfilled, like having a son, writting a book or fucking Nicole Kidman.
http://www.LychBand.com

West Virginia Mule

#5 Post by West Virginia Mule » 05 Jul 2010 16:38

I celebrated by working night shift, refining oil for my fellow countrymen to use to live the American dream. Then I drove home in my Hummer in wet 95 degree heat to the repose of my cool sanctum, my chilly billy 60 degree home, where I had to promptly don a winter coat and hat to stay warm. Inside, every light in every room was blazing, two computers, three TVs and a video game console were all on. And a blender.

Of course, no one was awake. We just like to use every resource we can afford. Why? Because we can. That's what freedom is all about.

Later that evening, trying to light off a mortar shell to honor the Founding Fathers, I lost two toes and an ear. But through the blood trails and seared flesh my will remained strong; I finished three more grilled burgers before heading for the emergency room.

You see, our hands may tremble, but our hearts do not.
KILROY WAS HERE

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#6 Post by Metal Fan » 05 Jul 2010 17:46

West Virginia Mule wrote:I celebrated by working night shift, refining oil for my fellow countrymen to use to live the American dream. Then I drove home in my Hummer in wet 95 degree heat to the repose of my cool sanctum, my chilly billy 60 degree home, where I had to promptly don a winter coat and hat to stay warm. Inside, every light in every room was blazing, two computers, three TVs and a video game console were all on. And a blender.

Of course, no one was awake. We just like to use every resource we can afford. Why? Because we can. That's what freedom is all about.

Later that evening, trying to light off a mortar shell to honor the Founding Fathers, I lost two toes and an ear. But through the blood trails and seared flesh my will remained strong; I finished three more grilled burgers before heading for the emergency room.

You see, our hands may tremble, but our hearts do not.

+1 unfortunetly we missed the fireworks :(
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)