Why can no on the internet use the internet?

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Led Guardian

Why can no on the internet use the internet?

#1 Post by Led Guardian » 23 Jul 2010 05:27

This is something I've noticed all over the place. People come to places like forums, asking about things that are ridiculously easy to find out by using a little thing called the search function. For example, here people are constantly asking for when things are released, various album details, where can things be downloaded, etc. It never seems to occur to some people to actually try looking for the information themselves even though it is ridiculously easy to find. People don't even read already posted material. There are so many questions that have been asked here by users that have not only been answered on the first page of a subforum, but on the page they are posting on. Are people so helpless that everything needs to be spoon-fed to them?

Anyway, rant over. Just wanted to get that off my chest.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Sleeping Dragon

Re: Why can no on the internet use the internet?

#2 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 23 Jul 2010 08:43

i think it's more of a subtle attempt to introduce yourself into the forum than an actual quest for information.
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

Palantyre

#3 Post by Palantyre » 23 Jul 2010 12:34

Sleeping Dragon wrote:i think it's more of a stupid attempt to introduce yourself into the forum than an actual quest for information.
Fixed.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Sleeping Dragon

#4 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 23 Jul 2010 12:58

no, it's not stupid. just insecure. who are you to judge?
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

Wicked Child

#5 Post by Wicked Child » 23 Jul 2010 14:46

stupid.. insecur.. hmm.. where can I find more info about that.. do you guys have any idea?
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

West Virginia Mule

#6 Post by West Virginia Mule » 24 Jul 2010 17:23

I used to ask questions of people here and NPS that could obviously be found with an INNERNET search. But, you see, sometimes the opinions and personal insight provided by people you kind of "know" hold far more value than a random search of random information from random sources.
KILROY WAS HERE

Cerbere

#7 Post by Cerbere » 24 Jul 2010 20:16

West Virginia Mule wrote:the opinions and personal insight provided by people you kind of "know" hold far more value than a random search of random information from random sources.
Which makes a little sense, but why create a new account on a forum you've never been to and ask people, you've never talked to, a question that would just as easily be found by putting it in google or going to the Blind Guardian homepage.

Led Guardian

#8 Post by Led Guardian » 24 Jul 2010 22:30

West Virginia Mule wrote:I used to ask questions of people here and NPS that could obviously be found with an INNERNET search. But, you see, sometimes the opinions and personal insight provided by people you kind of "know" hold far more value than a random search of random information from random sources.
That would hold true if the questions people ask had anything to do with personal opinion, instead of everything to do with basic fact.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'