hsppy birthday ipod

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
The Rider Of Rohan

hsppy birthday ipod

#1 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 24 Oct 2010 17:52

Yes, one of the best inventions ever is nine years old.

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/10/23/happy-9th-birthday-ipod/
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Palantyre

Re: hsppy birthday ipod

#2 Post by Palantyre » 24 Oct 2010 18:07

I refuse to believe anything developed by Apple could be among the "best inventions ever".
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

The Rider Of Rohan

#3 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 24 Oct 2010 18:18

Why?
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Palantyre

#4 Post by Palantyre » 24 Oct 2010 19:02

Just out of spite.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

No‘am

#5 Post by No‘am » 24 Oct 2010 19:46

What makes it such a good invention, and that much better than any other mp3 player?
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Medea

#6 Post by Medea » 24 Oct 2010 20:19

Though I do like apple stuff... one thing still bothers me a little... when you buy an ipod, you have to install itunes and itunes does not keep on cooperating with windows :(

But otherwise, I love the ipod shuffle (now have a cheaper non-apple version though)

The Rider Of Rohan

#7 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 25 Oct 2010 12:15

No‘am wrote:What makes it such a good invention, and that much better than any other mp3 player?
What I like about my iPod:

- 160 gb.
- Wheel-thingy is excellent, especially for quickly navigating a long list of albums
- Easy navigation based on id3
- Incredibly robust: it has survived physical abuse that would (and in fact did) kill some of my older mp3-players.

The best thing however, is the excellent sound. Not only is it very crisp, I also love the sence of direction. When I listen to music through a normal mp3-player it gives me two channels (left and right) with all the sounds flattenned out. When I listen to music through my ipod, the different instruments and vocal layer seem to come from distuinguisable directions. A symbal, for example, seems to come from a different direction than de bass-drum. This gives the sound a sense of authenticity that I have yet to hear on any other portable device.
Though I do like apple stuff... one thing still bothers me a little... when you buy an ipod, you have to install itunes and itunes does not keep on cooperating with windows
I dislike Itunes too. Fortunately you are not bound to it. Once you have built a library (which is something itunes does when you first use it), you can use any other program to edit it. There's a number of apps for Windows which allow you to load new music to your library - including apps with a drag-and-drop-interface.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Medea

#8 Post by Medea » 25 Oct 2010 14:23

ah hmm good... Then when my current player breaks down I will have a look at it :-)

The Rider Of Rohan

#9 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 25 Oct 2010 18:22

Or get linux. ;) Gtkpod is very versatile, and Rythmbox is very easy (even though it, sadly, doesn't impost covers which aren't directly embedded in the metadata).
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#10 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 25 Oct 2010 19:37

Well happy birthday to this awesome gadget,i wish Father Christmas(aka ME) gets me one this year
The Rider Of Rohan wrote:Or get linux. ;) Gtkpod is very versatile, and Rythmbox is very easy (even though it, sadly, doesn't impost covers which aren't directly embedded in the metadata).
Linux owns everything.btw,Amarok or Songbird seem to have better support for those functions,though i don't know how they'll work on a Pod enviroment.
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

spamel

#11 Post by spamel » 25 Oct 2010 19:42

I can't justify one, I don't think I have enough music to load it up so why bother? The MP3 player I have now is adequate, although I wish the volume would go a little higher for when I plug into things such as my Floor Pod Plus to play along to stuff. It takes an age to get the levels just right because the output isn't that high, I wonder if I can get a firmware update to sort that?
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#12 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 25 Oct 2010 19:47

spamel wrote:I can't justify one, I don't think I have enough music to load it up so why bother? The MP3 player I have now is adequate, although I wish the volume would go a little higher for when I plug into things such as my Floor Pod Plus to play along to stuff. It takes an age to get the levels just right because the output isn't that high, I wonder if I can get a firmware update to sort that?
check the manufacturers site for firmware updates man
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

spamel

#13 Post by spamel » 25 Oct 2010 20:45

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:
spamel wrote:I can't justify one, I don't think I have enough music to load it up so why bother? The MP3 player I have now is adequate, although I wish the volume would go a little higher for when I plug into things such as my Floor Pod Plus to play along to stuff. It takes an age to get the levels just right because the output isn't that high, I wonder if I can get a firmware update to sort that?
check the manufacturers site for firmware updates man
Yeah, but they make volume levels pathetic to save their asses from being sued in later years when somebody says "Your product made me go deaf!" I'll take a look though!
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Baby_Kürsch

#14 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 13 May 2011 13:37

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:Yes, one of the best inventions ever is nine years old.

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/10/23/happy-9th-birthday-ipod/
In 9 years the price hasn't dropped a bit!!! Fuck you Apple.
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D:

Sarah

#15 Post by Sarah » 18 May 2011 23:24

Goooosh already ? 9 bloody years ?
crap.

It is a great device indeed, my old one is now gone but the little brother the Itouch is a all-dangers-survivor ! Mine followed in about 16 countries, got lost, found, never cracked despite the lack of case, and above all, survived a 40 minutes cycle in a laundry machine. Then it got lost and refound again.

Those things are though, the fact that they're good too is just a bonus :D

Edit : Damn, that was one oooold thread, and it was only just midpage down.

This forum is going slow :(
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

Gandalf de Grijze

#16 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 18 May 2011 23:49

only midway down because someone necroposted in here 5 days ago..
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Sarah

#17 Post by Sarah » 19 May 2011 11:13

True, but the thing is, i realized i need to look at the posting dates more often now... Something i never needed to do before :(
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

Gandalf de Grijze

#18 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 19 May 2011 15:59

you don't need to do that now either if you got something to add ;)
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com