Kamelot

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Pathfinder

Kamelot

#1 Post by Pathfinder » 22 Oct 2009 04:00

What do you people think of them?

I like them. I think that they have their own style, and I really can enjoy listening to some of their songs.
One more interesting thing (to me at least) is that they are from the USA, and Power Metal is not that popular in the USA (as far as I had a chance to experience it), and still they're good as well.

Gandalf de Grijze

Re: Kamelot

#2 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 22 Oct 2009 11:07

love them, they will be back in holland in march for a few gigs.. one of them in the almighty Paradiso in Amsterdam.
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Andreas

#3 Post by Andreas » 22 Oct 2009 16:48

I only own Epica and The Black Halo, but I like them very much.

Palantyre

#4 Post by Palantyre » 22 Oct 2009 17:52

One of my favourite bands, really. I got to know them with The Fourth Legacy when I was somewhere in my teens, and went forward from there. Can't really name my favourite album from them, but I'd say 4th Legacy, Karma and Black Halo are all good candidates.
And as for songs, there's just something about The Haunting (Somewhere in Time) that really gets to me; while the band has great many awesome songs, this one is, for me, way above others. I don't know why, rationally it's just a good Kamelot song among others... it just somehow hits the spot dead on like no other.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

End Of An Era

#5 Post by End Of An Era » 22 Oct 2009 18:26

great band, great music, great live performance. Always a pleasure to hear their music and/or see their shows. Big amount of kudo's!

Pathfinder

#6 Post by Pathfinder » 22 Oct 2009 18:59

I love all of their songs, though, right now my two favorite songs would be Nights Of Arabia (Fourth Legacy) and King's Eyes (Siege Perilous). Where I Reign would be right next to those two, also from Siege Perilous.

Anyway, one of the reasons I love the band even more is the fact that I'm from Serbia, now not that big of a country :D, and on the album Ghost Opera - The Second Coming, CD 2 is Live From Belgrade. Nice to hear about my city in a good way somewhere. :) So, kudos to them for that, as well.

Orodaran

#7 Post by Orodaran » 22 Oct 2009 19:38

End Of An Era wrote:great band, great music, great live performance. Always a pleasure to hear their music and/or see their shows. Big amount of kudo's!
Just imagine the username says "Orodaran" instead of "End of an Era" 8)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

corrupted old gnom

#8 Post by corrupted old gnom » 22 Oct 2009 20:20

but you must be joking about the "great live performance"
khan can't sing every second concert he gives
at least he doesn't act as much as an ass like in the days of "the fourth legacy"
and yes, the do have their unique style and a lot of decent songs
but "center of the universe" stands above all - "forever" and "don't you cry" are awesome, too

going to see'em live again next spring
let's see how good it will be this time
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

Orodaran

#9 Post by Orodaran » 22 Oct 2009 21:47

I found that Khan quite improved over the Black Halo tour (and DVD), at the last concert they did here he was quite good... and surely WAY better than I was prepared (and hoping) for!! even if the bastard was letting us sing the whole chorus to Center of the Universe :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Dreamflight

#10 Post by Dreamflight » 22 Oct 2009 21:49

corrupted old gnom wrote:but you must be joking about the "great live performance"
khan can't sing every second concert he gives
at least he doesn't act as much as an ass like in the days of "the fourth legacy"
and yes, the do have their unique style and a lot of decent songs
but "center of the universe" stands above all - "forever" and "don't you cry" are awesome, too

going to see'em live again next spring
let's see how good it will be this time
Never saw them live, but concerning the two live albums (The Expedition and OCWN), I'd say the first one, with weaker songs, is way better, especially in the vocal department. Kahn's vox on OCWN were beyond disappointing, he even sounds too forced on some tracks.
End Of An Era about bullfights wrote:like my mother used to say: "quit playing with your food!"

Cerbere

#11 Post by Cerbere » 22 Oct 2009 23:59

I have ghost opera

jophelerks

#12 Post by jophelerks » 23 Oct 2009 02:38

My favorite band aside from BG

teo_guardian

#13 Post by teo_guardian » 06 Dec 2009 14:45

i like a lot of their songs..nights of arabia,the haunting and center of the universe are 3 of the best...

but ghost opera dissapointed me a little...i was hoping for a better move in the new album.

HeavenCanWait

#14 Post by HeavenCanWait » 08 Dec 2009 20:47

Pretty good band. March of Mephisto is a favorite song of mine.