Iron Maiden new album: The Final Frontier

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Orodaran

Iron Maiden new album: The Final Frontier

#1 Post by Orodaran » 05 Mar 2010 10:57

http://www.ironmaiden.com/

...which say, in short (with a very ugly picture that does not even resembles Eddie), that the new album is called The Final Frontier and that it will come out at the end of the summer an that this July they will tour North America supported by DREAM THEATER, and then they will come to Europe for some other shows, before touring all over the world in 2011.

Why they picked a title that will make people think that it's their last one!?!? :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Twister

Re: Iron Maiden new album: The Final Frontier

#2 Post by Twister » 05 Mar 2010 11:04

As always when one of the bands that have been important for me release a new record, I'm excited about this. Not that I have all those great expectations, though. As long as Steve Harris is still pretending to write all the songs in the very same way...

And what a tour, with Dream Theater!
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

Mackasfour

#3 Post by Mackasfour » 05 Mar 2010 13:03

:o No Eddie!?

Good news though :D
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Palantyre

#4 Post by Palantyre » 05 Mar 2010 15:46

Zomg it's a Mutant Space Eddie... from space!
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

The Rider Of Rohan

#5 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 05 Mar 2010 18:21

Good stuff. And I love the fact that they're releasing it after their Summer tour. If the last ten years are anything to go by, it'll mean that there will be 1 song from the new album on the setlist (probably track 1) and the rest will be classic material. Then a year later they'll return, and play more from the album.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Thorin Eichenschild

#6 Post by Thorin Eichenschild » 05 Mar 2010 20:43

Maiden were great in the early days, but I dont like their later stuff that much so I am not that looking forward to that album. A new tour with a lot of classics would be great though :wink:

NDS

#7 Post by NDS » 05 Mar 2010 21:02

Maybe I'll pick it up. But I'll listen some songs on youtube or something before buying. When is it going to be released?
To the glory of the fucking Underground!

Under ground is where the true artists roam!

Orodaran

#8 Post by Orodaran » 05 Mar 2010 21:03

Where were you in 2008? :P they did a 21th century version of the World Slavery Tour, how can it get better than that? :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

The Rider Of Rohan

#9 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 05 Mar 2010 22:17

How about a tour where they play the Number of the Beast-album. Twice.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

#10 Post by Orodaran » 06 Mar 2010 01:46

I'd rather see a tour when they play Piece of Mind.

Thrice.

And the encore is Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (song or album, you decide)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Gandalf de Grijze

#11 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 06 Mar 2010 01:49

Orodaran wrote:I'd rather see a tour when they play Piece of Mind.

Thrice.

And the encore is Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (song or album, you decide)
+ a gazillion
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Cerbere

#12 Post by Cerbere » 06 Mar 2010 02:39

YESSSSSSSSS FINALLY!!!!

but that picture is horrible, hopefully the album isn't as bad as their last one

Kalmari

#13 Post by Kalmari » 06 Mar 2010 13:02

WHATWHATWHATWHAT?! AMOLAD is maiden's grand epos you pagan! :evil:

Orodaran

#14 Post by Orodaran » 06 Mar 2010 13:46

I prefer Dance of Death over it... it was more diverse and less predictable...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Palantyre

#15 Post by Palantyre » 06 Mar 2010 20:05

Yeah, Dance of Death easily beats AMOLAD any day of the week. The classics are classic and all, but DoD is probably my personal favourite of all Maiden albums. AMOLAD isn't bad at all on the "general metal album" scale, but on the Maiden scale it was a big disappointment.

Still eagerly awaiting the next album, though.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

NDS

#16 Post by NDS » 06 Mar 2010 21:02

Indeed, DoD is a bit different from the usual Iron Maiden style and I also like it. It has some really good songs. Although I like the old albums a lot more.
To the glory of the fucking Underground!

Under ground is where the true artists roam!

Andreas

#17 Post by Andreas » 06 Mar 2010 22:17

DoD is actually the only IM album I own. And mainly because of the song Paschendale.

Paradiso

#18 Post by Paradiso » 07 Mar 2010 01:41

Wow now I have a great reason to see them again.

Cerbere

#19 Post by Cerbere » 08 Mar 2010 00:44

My favorite albums is piece of mind. by far

Mackasfour

#20 Post by Mackasfour » 08 Mar 2010 08:59

Cerbere wrote:My favorite albums is piece of mind. by far
Same
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Thorin Eichenschild

#21 Post by Thorin Eichenschild » 08 Mar 2010 12:08

I would not mind a number of the beast revival tour, with piece of mind as encore :D

Cerbere

#22 Post by Cerbere » 10 Mar 2010 01:44

Fuck I'm not going to be able to go to it :x

Frozen within

#23 Post by Frozen within » 19 Mar 2010 13:52

Orodaran wrote:Where were you in 2008? :P they did a 21th century version of the World Slavery Tour, how can it get better than that? :P
Exactly. After that tour pretty much everything they can sling at us will be quite the lackluster experience I suppose.

edit: And A Matter of Life and Death is just soooo many times better and worthier of a place in Maiden's vast discography than the petty and lifeless turd that is Dance of Death. With Paschendale as the diarrhea on top of the stinky mess :)
Eat more vegetables !

The Rider Of Rohan

#24 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 19 Mar 2010 15:17

You do know that last remark will make Oro angry, don't you?
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Andreas

#25 Post by Andreas » 19 Mar 2010 18:09

At least it made me sadface :(

Orodaran

#26 Post by Orodaran » 20 Mar 2010 00:41

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:You do know that last remark will make Oro angry, don't you?
I am indeed angry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

smith1215

#27 Post by smith1215 » 05 Apr 2010 04:54

New Jersey!!! I will be there.

I want To Tame a Land and Infinite Dreams to be played, though it will never happen.
91. Remember, power metal fans are not gay. They are just comfortable with their masculinity.

West Virginia Mule

#28 Post by West Virginia Mule » 05 Apr 2010 07:39

I like that song "Invasion" from 1978. Hope they play that. Twice.

And then I hope Dickinson says "fuck" a thousand times, 'cause that's what I call entertainment.
KILROY WAS HERE

smith1215

#29 Post by smith1215 » 07 Apr 2010 16:57

They need an Early Days Tour. Only songs from Iron Maiden, Killers, The Number of the Beast, and Piece of Mind. It would be utterly amazing.
91. Remember, power metal fans are not gay. They are just comfortable with their masculinity.

Gandalf de Grijze

#30 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 07 Apr 2010 17:01

you mean like they did about 5-6 years ago?
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Andreas

#31 Post by Andreas » 07 Apr 2010 17:04

They'd be more "early" now :P

Skyclad

#32 Post by Skyclad » 07 Apr 2010 21:00

West Virginia Mule wrote:I like that song "Invasion" from 1978. Hope they play that. Twice.

And then I hope Dickinson says "fuck" a thousand times, 'cause that's what I call entertainment.

You know what I call entertainment? Red Eye on Fox News. it really showcases the right-wings knack for being comedy geniuses.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Hansi Smurf

Maiden's Coming to Winnipeg!

#33 Post by Hansi Smurf » 07 Apr 2010 22:51

Because I'm neither a worker, schooler, punisher, nor a baby-boomer, I've been listening to or thinking of Iron Maiden nonstop since Christmas 2009!

1995's X-Factor seems to be the Maiden's most under-reviewed LP!

"Fortunes of War", while rating an "incomplete", still scores massive points for the groovy (starts at about the 2 and a half minute mark) Hard-Rock/Heavy Metal version of a riff they used ballad/acoustically to begin Virtual XI's "The Clansman" track.

"Sign Of The Cross", "Look For the Truth", "The Edge of Darkness" and "The Unbeliever" are all competant and professional, with only "The Unbeliever" recieving a point off for whining over much, even for a Heavy Metal track, as too does "2 AM", but "2 AM" just isn't in the same Metal league as the other tracks mentioned!

As any "Death On The Road" Live LP listener would know, "Lord Of The Flies" is a real stinker, but the track-opening psychedelic syncopations sure ain't: the Maiden coulda really just kept looping and looping!!

Meanwhile, "Man On The Edge" also fails to deliver the listener-accessable aggro goods; "lunchbox" having to be the least metal lyric-thing I've ever heard of!

"Day Of Judgement" and "Blood On The World's Hand's" also seem professional and without any bum-note errors.

It would seem that Blaze Bayley sure ain't as crappy as we "20-somethings in 1995" thought!

PS. Points to me for being the first to call an Iron Maiden best-of compilation, "Spikes".

smith1215

#34 Post by smith1215 » 08 Apr 2010 21:52

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:you mean like they did about 5-6 years ago?
yeah.

X Factor is in my top three. It was my first maiden album.
1. Piece of Mind
2. Brave New Work
3. The X Factor

All the songs are great on that album except 2AM

Hansi Smurf

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier: Album Artwork Revealed!

#35 Post by Hansi Smurf » 08 Apr 2010 22:09

Looks like a cross between DC Comics mid-80's villain, Brainiac's, spaceship, Motorhead's usual teeth and tongue mascot, and Eddie himself.

Wicked Child

#36 Post by Wicked Child » 09 Apr 2010 13:21

I think Brave New World is their best album in the last 20 years. For the reason that it contains the bigger number of songs just as powerful as the classical ones and probably will be the record that, after 20 years more, will be considered a classic as well. And it can only be beaten by 80's stuff. My top list of 90's-00's would be:

01. Brave New World
02. Dance Of Death
03. A Matter of Life And Death
04. Fear Of The Dark
05. X-Factor
06. Virtual XI

And, I'm definetely gonna by the new stuff to keep my album collection up-to-date.
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Hansi Smurf

"Iron Maiden? Stay Outta Winnipeg, You Little Faggots!"

#37 Post by Hansi Smurf » 16 Apr 2010 22:39

The Voice of James Earl Jones:

"Until the Maiden fess up that consent is bogus, and that blood-healthy men and women are all that really exist globally, and that said bodies are for to be raped procreatively, not for to be kept as emotional territory, the Maiden will be killed if they enter my city.

Until the Maiden fess up and admit that violence viz ethnic-cleansing is far better than illiterates, retards, smelly people, and all the other baresarks at large in public, the Maiden will be killed if they enter my city.

The Maiden will tour the World without visible sidearms, marijuana, HGH, steroids, or a purposeful and public rape-based sex-addiction in Common Law. The Maiden will be killed if they enter my city.

Certainly, the Maiden will enter my city.
Certainly, the Maiden will be killed."

Hansi Smurf

Listening since 1986

#38 Post by Hansi Smurf » 13 Jun 2010 21:12

Yeah, Harris, yer band is gonna fuck over the genius listeners, just like Hansi and the other writers here do! Yer gonna repeat the same old whiny liberal arts genius, and never mention what the elders said to write about: namely that there is no such thing as poverty, greed, bigotry nor violence, only inferior beings needing the ovens. You won't be diggers on an ethnic-cleansing trip, you won't mate for life nor make babies for life, you won't want steroids, nor gonadatropin, nor HGH, nor fire-arms, nor energy neutralizers, and you won't admit that Type A Men are superior to the rest neither!

The Maiden? Feh! They're a wee and queer folk, no doubt! I've grown up, past the mental age of 30, beyond the IQ of 175, and they, while still 15 years older than me, have remained the same old ironies and the same old conceits! And goddammit, the youth ain't superior, nor are they as good as me neither!

Yeah, 'taint no cliche: it's lonely at the top!
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 15 Nov 2010 19:06, edited 2 times in total.

The Rider Of Rohan

#39 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 13 Jun 2010 21:24

Did you forget to take your medication again?
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Hansi Smurf

Over 55 Million Copies Sold:

#40 Post by Hansi Smurf » 30 Jun 2010 18:13

Iron Maiden - Spikes

Disc 1

01. Running Free
02. Killers
03. Walking Out On You
04. Total Eclipse
05. To Tame A Land
06. 2 Min. To Midnite
07. Back In Village
08. Deja Vu
09. Running Blind
10. Feel The Rock
11. Black Bart
12. After The Storm
13. Darkness Be My Friend

Disc 2

01. Impaler
02. The Sign Of The Cross
03. Look For The Truth
04. Space Race
05. Re-Entry
06. Strange Death In Paradise
07. The Book Of Thel
08. Como Estais Amigos
09. Blood Brothers
10. Wildest Dreams
11. Gates Of Tomorrow
12. P.O.V 2005
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 28 Jul 2010 18:15, edited 6 times in total.

The Rider Of Rohan

#41 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 30 Jun 2010 19:01

???
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Andreas

#42 Post by Andreas » 30 Jun 2010 20:04

You should take a look at his post subject :P

Orodaran

#43 Post by Orodaran » 30 Jun 2010 20:09

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:Did you forget to take your medication again?
I bet he never started it at all to begin with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Hansi Smurf

Sociopaths! All of 'um!

#44 Post by Hansi Smurf » 01 Jul 2010 01:00

Man, I sure hope "Spikes" comes out on Compact Disc this Christmas 2010 U.S. ! Fully re-mastered and on sale 'fer a measly $6.66 plus tax! Awesome!

But what is it that you all percieve about me that needs meds, Man?

I seem both happy and well-intentioned via brain-awareness, whilst you lot seem to brain-biofeedback back into my brain-awareness with anti-human, predator-carnivores-in-evolution based sematic values, and thus all of you, all of you, are still all lying your very eyeballs out of your unkind sockets, and thus now not even having Secular Atheist Rights, and all of you are all still unrepentant and back's-up and hissing to boot, instead of responding with kindness, gentility and sincere and contrite emotional language, like I do! You all need Catscan/MRI's - I did it, and my brain's 100% healthy! Not you sods, though, I forsee: I bet all your brains'll scan all lumpy, misshapen and missing pieces too, huh???? (These pretend-authority types is always on crack too, honest!)

Yeah!!!

Anyway:
"Iron Maiden - Spikes"
THE BEST 2 CD SET EVER!
Please "Iron Maiden Holdings"?!? Please Sanctuary Management?!? Please Samson n' Battlezone n' A.S.A.P. ?!? It'll be a bigger seller than "Thriller" and "Jagged Little Pill" combined! I know it! Yeah!!! It'll be a two 70 minute set night for ya'll, and it'll still be playing live in 3979 U.S. too, you'll see!

Digger Economy, Self-Rule, and a Free-Mates-For-Life-And-Plenty-Of-Babies-On-The-Way-Society to you all!
(What'd you wish for me today Di'Anno? Huh? What? Work/School or Punishment? Fuck You! (And why ain't it good as opposed to evil to say "Fuck You!" to a set of values like any of you has here on Earth but me? Huh???? Bah!!! The science library proved I wasn't insane a long time ago! You guys are REALLY evil and won't type back "Am Not!" sincerely, so fuck all your alimentary canals and linguistic nerve centres both! Fuck you all!!! YEAH!!! (God, I'm the best at what I do, ain't I, huh, Bigger Than's...?))

Feanor l'invincible

#45 Post by Feanor l'invincible » 01 Jul 2010 01:17

There are some songs I never saw before to come in this CD :o
THE CURSE OF FEANOR RUNS LONG!

Orodaran

#46 Post by Orodaran » 01 Jul 2010 11:47

Some come from Bruce Dickinson's solo carrer, and others from Hansi Smurf's ass.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Hansi Smurf

Spikes!

#47 Post by Hansi Smurf » 07 Jul 2010 00:18

"Walking Out On You" is from Samson's (feat. Bruce Dickinson) "Shock Tactics" LP 1980 from Gem Records or from Samson's 1986 compilation "Head Tactics" from Capital Records.

"Running Blind" and "Feel The Rock" are from the Paul Di'Anno's Battlezone "Fighting Back" LP 1986, Polygram.

"After The Storm" is from A.S.A.P's (Adrian Smith and Project) "Silver and Gold" LP 1989, Capitol Records.

"Black Bart" is an Iron Maiden B-Side from the "Can I Play With Madness" single 1988, from EMI/Capitol.

If one was to download purchase "Darkness Be My Friend", one would avoid the "Tattooed Millionaire" version, and instead purchase "the Best of Bruce Dickinson" version. Too bad for me, I bought both, and was sadly disapointed with each and every listen, until I repurchased the "Best of" model!

Hansi Smurf

A Smurf? Dissing the Maiden Family?!?!

#48 Post by Hansi Smurf » 07 Jul 2010 00:42

Y'know, I wouldn't be very suprised if every Maiden fan who is as old as the actual Maiden guys are, and all their cougress girlfriends too, AND all the professional Maiden guys and gals themselves as well, have the Welsh rock-band Budgie's "If I Was Brittania, I'd Wave the Rules" LP in their dag-blasted collection, and I just know that they all must just LOVE pro-digger economy/pro-ethnic cleansing rhetoric, just as much as Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell did when he attacked and murder-cleaned the pro-competancy/anti-economy Diggers right out of his wee little country, England, during his secular military dictatorship heyday during the 1640's n' 50's.!

Boy! Me? I'm glad I'm a Digger! I'll never stop preaching for an end to all the Nations but the United States, with mandatory military-style civilian uniforms, and civilian rifles, pistols, ammunitions and armories mandatory for all too! And fortress bachelor's accomodations for all too! Total Surveillance, even of the bathrooms and closets! Monogamous Nutzis and Fanatical Ratzis, one and all! And too, an end to all the conceits of government, religious cults, and the money economy entitlements too! Equality, equitability and accessibility! Yeah! That's right Cromwell!!! Gun-coercion? State military executions? You can't scare US or change US! Yeah!We're all Diggers, and You're All Dead!!!

"Mooo!"

spamel

#49 Post by spamel » 07 Jul 2010 17:35

I think it is advisable to suggest taking crack before reading this thread: it may make more sense!
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

The Rider Of Rohan

#50 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 22 Jul 2010 10:04

Almost a...
spamel wrote:
Periods.