South Africa 2010 World Cup

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Beren Ercharmion

Re: South Africa 2010 World Cup

#651 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 11 Jul 2010 22:22

yeah, at least the first one was a 100% ...
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

The Rider Of Rohan

#652 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 11 Jul 2010 22:26

The tension is getting worse and worse.

Right now,my street is sounding like a warzone.... Screaming and singing people everywhere, fireworks and the occasional throwing of bikes.

Arjen Robben seems sto be the subject of a lot of those songs. Not strange, as he is practically from this town (he was born in a neighbouring village and started is professional carreer at our local FC.

I hope it helps Robben scoring that final goal.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

spamel

#653 Post by spamel » 11 Jul 2010 22:52

How many yellow cards?

:shock:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

spamel

#654 Post by spamel » 11 Jul 2010 22:56

Oh dear, poor Dutchies. That should never have happened, it should have been a corner for starters. :cry:

ThePKH

#655 Post by ThePKH » 11 Jul 2010 22:57

NL national footballteam vs. Spanish diving club.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

spamel

#656 Post by spamel » 11 Jul 2010 23:00

It's not over yet, but regardless, the Dutch should be proud to have done so well in this tournament. It could be worse, you could be English! :lol:

spamel

#657 Post by spamel » 11 Jul 2010 23:02

OK, it is now! :oops:

Beren Ercharmion

#658 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 11 Jul 2010 23:04

and for all that didn't know by know: That's why Bayern wants to get rid of Braafheid...

And - now that neither Schneijder nor Villa scored in the final Thomas Müller is the best goalgetter of the tournament.

The Rider Of Rohan

#659 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 11 Jul 2010 23:05

And it's over. Congratulations to all Spanish forummers.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

#660 Post by Orodaran » 11 Jul 2010 23:07

Is there any of them left anyway?

Congrats Spain!!!! Fuck you for having achieved the Euro / World Cup double while Italy didn't :P

To Ferdi and all the other dutchies, as Jack Sparrow would say: "I was rooting for you mate".
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Saurius

#661 Post by Saurius » 11 Jul 2010 23:27

well the spanish should all give howard webb a few thousand ass kisses... for fuck's sake! inconsequent tosser! xavi, iniesta and ramos should have gotten a yellow card for asking for a card. that fucking annoys me. im man enough to admit that spain deserved their win, but holy fuck balls did webb help them win it? fuck yes. the dutch were more agressive but that second yellow card of heitinga?! bollocks :evil: then if robben would have gone down after that rugby foul by puyol, he probably would have gotten away with it. but instead robben tried to score and wasnt rewarded by anything, fucking pissed. how a ref can influence the game :evil: [/rant]
"Sing it you pussies!"

Lews

#662 Post by Lews » 11 Jul 2010 23:54

Not to mention that obvious corner kick, the revenge kick on van Bommel from I think Iniesta which didn't even get a yellow card, the spanish players getting free kicks every five seconds when similar things didn't give the Dutch anything.

I do agree that Spain deserved to win, but I also think that Webb should strife to be a better referee. They could've put someone picked up from the street on the field, and he probably would've done better.
*I think they are deadly poisonous zanzibar hamsters*

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#663 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 12 Jul 2010 00:27

too bad Spain won,tsk tsk.
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Andreas

#664 Post by Andreas » 12 Jul 2010 06:38

Fuck

Beren Ercharmion

#665 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 12 Jul 2010 07:27

you really can't blame the referee. There was one obvious red card for the Netherlands not given (against de Jong) and one obvious Red Card against Spain (the revanche foul against van Bommel ... was it by Xavi?)
The yellow/red against Heitinga was ok in my eyes. Robben could have got a yellow/red card as well, for kicking the ball into the spanish goal after the referee interupted the game. A spanish Player got a red card for a similar thing a couple of minutes before the end, though.

And yes, Puyol should have been sent off the field for that foul against Robben.

And the dutch did play more aggressively, that's why spain got a free kick every five seconds, the played much rougher than the spanish.

All in all it was a deserved win. Spain played really bad the first couple of games, but woke up n the Semi-Finals. Not that the played really great in the final, but at lest better than the dutch.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#666 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 12 Jul 2010 08:23

Saurius wrote:xavi, iniesta and ramos should have gotten a yellow card for asking for a card.
yeah,that's really annoying,what a bunch of pansies :x just goes to show how loyal those fuckers from spain are...(i'm obviously talking about the team)

and for those saying that the ref didn't "help" Spain in some way(i mean,even by mistake),watch the match again,i really don't think Holland deserved all those yellow cards,as i stated in some other post ,"it's a football match,not a tickling competition"...

these refs are on a yellow card giveaway spree,taking all the fun in the game out and reducing it to something that resembles american football:many many pauses during the match,and in Football,you never recover all the time loss..so,in favor of the game and perhaps as an effort to bring back football to what it's supposed to be,i hope next world cup won't have refs with the similar mindsets of many of the ones from south africa 2010.
Fair play my ass,that works only in some cases,how much of a sport are you if you commit few fouls,but still try to take advantage of any fall you have in the field,damaging your oponent¿?
fuck

Wicked Child

#667 Post by Wicked Child » 12 Jul 2010 13:55

De Jong, Robben, Sneijder, Heiting and VanBommel deserved red cards in Netherlands.

Iniesta deserved red card from Spain.

Who the hell did the refree help?
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Lews

#668 Post by Lews » 12 Jul 2010 16:20

Wicked Child wrote:De Jong, Robben,Heiting and VanBommel deserved red cards in Netherlands.

Iniesta deserved red card from Spain.

Who the hell did the refree help?

And Xavi, Ramos and Puyol for Spain.

Giving that goal kick that was the most obvious referee mistake in the last minute which led to a goal for Spain.

Giving Spain free kicks and not giving free kicks to the Netherlands on similar occasions, like Elia getting sandwiched (again right before the Spain goal).

Overall, the referee was a complete and utter tosser.
Robben could have got a yellow/red card as well, for kicking the ball into the spanish goal after the referee interupted the game. A spanish Player got a red card for a similar thing a couple of minutes before the end, though.
I agree with the Robben part, but the second part of the sentence never happened, and I am wondering what makes you think it did.
*I think they are deadly poisonous zanzibar hamsters*

Saurius

#669 Post by Saurius » 12 Jul 2010 17:48

I agree on De Jong, Van Bommel deserving a second yellow just like Robben, but Heitinga not at all. The yellow card of Van Bronkhorst was fucking redicilous. overall shit final, bad dutch playing, diving spanish asswhipes and in the end also a very poor ref.
"Sing it you pussies!"

Beren Ercharmion

#670 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 12 Jul 2010 18:28

Lews wrote:
Robben could have got a yellow/red card as well, for kicking the ball into the spanish goal after the referee interupted the game. A spanish Player got a red card for a similar thing a couple of minutes before the end, though.
I agree with the Robben part, but the second part of the sentence never happened, and I am wondering what makes you think it did.
Sorry, my bad, I meant to write a YELLOW card, of course it was no red one.

The Rider Of Rohan

#671 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 12 Jul 2010 19:02

Let's stop talking about it. There's so sense to debate a match murdered by there referee, just like you cant win with 10 vs 14 players.

How about we rename the topic and try to keep it going until the European Cup in 2012?
spamel wrote:
Periods.

spamel

#672 Post by spamel » 12 Jul 2010 19:27

I heard today that this ref is notorious for helping Man Utd out too! Also, he is/was a copper, so could be open to the odd bribe! :mrgreen:

(That was a joke by the way, just in case there are any coppers who may be offended!)

Orodaran

#673 Post by Orodaran » 12 Jul 2010 19:36

Beren Ercharmion wrote:you really can't blame the referee. There was one obvious red card for the Netherlands not given (against de Jong) and one obvious Red Card against Spain (the revanche foul against van Bommel ... was it by Xavi?)
The yellow/red against Heitinga was ok in my eyes. Robben could have got a yellow/red card as well, for kicking the ball into the spanish goal after the referee interupted the game. A spanish Player got a red card for a similar thing a couple of minutes before the end, though.

And yes, Puyol should have been sent off the field for that foul against Robben.

And the dutch did play more aggressively, that's why spain got a free kick every five seconds, the played much rougher than the spanish.

All in all it was a deserved win. Spain played really bad the first couple of games, but woke up n the Semi-Finals. Not that the played really great in the final, but at lest better than the dutch.
I basically agree with Beren here...

Furthermore, you're all missing the point: Spain was going to win in a way or the other, the octopus said so. :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Saurius

#674 Post by Saurius » 12 Jul 2010 19:46

well the octopus is now wanted, preferably dead... not alive, in holland and germany... if i were him i'd get to spain where he isnt hated yet :lol:

editted :lol:
Last edited by Saurius on 13 Jul 2010 02:41, edited 1 time in total.
"Sing it you pussies!"

Orodaran

#675 Post by Orodaran » 12 Jul 2010 20:03

Saurius wrote:well the octopus is now wanted, preferably dead or alive,
.....as opposed to the third option, which is........? :roll:

:P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

spamel

#676 Post by spamel » 12 Jul 2010 20:05

Orodaran wrote:
Saurius wrote:well the octopus is now wanted, preferably dead or alive,
.....as opposed to the third option, which is........? :roll:

In stasis?

Wicked Child

#677 Post by Wicked Child » 12 Jul 2010 23:06

What is funny is that people tend to think that the foul upon Elia was directly connected to Spain's goal.. And it doesn't. Let's be reasonable. Look at the entire play. There were like 23847234 passes before Iniesta murdered Holland. It's not like Iniesta had to go for a foul to score. In that sense, the dutch guy who couldn't hit the ball front of the goal and the 2 face-to-face opportunities lost by Robben are guilty as charge, then!

The refree was a total disaster, yeah. But he wasn't resposible for Holand's lack of competence on scoring. Just like the japanese refree wasn't responsible for Brazil losing for you guys. And he was very similar to Webb.
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Saurius

#678 Post by Saurius » 13 Jul 2010 02:41

Earlier post editted :lol:
"Sing it you pussies!"

sguaina

#679 Post by sguaina » 13 Jul 2010 12:07

Don't know if it was already posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFqAxoy510
To die is a new rising
more than sadness
rain of light
Death Riders!

Through centuries of dust

Gandalf de Grijze

#680 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 13 Jul 2010 13:54

Orodaran wrote:It's a bit like love, not always the one most deeply in love gets the girl :P
sad truth!
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Orodaran

#681 Post by Orodaran » 14 Jul 2010 20:34

So, to sum up the World cup: an event that was met with anticipation for the performances of many top class players and coaches saw most of them outshined by noisy plastic trumpets and a future-telling octopus, while many goalkeepers embarassed themselves, just like many referees and would-be stars, the best ones of the previous Cup were the worst ones of this one, and in the end the Cup went to the team that, after all, was indicated as one of the favorites anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

spamel

#682 Post by spamel » 14 Jul 2010 21:30

The greatest thing to come out of this World Cup is that the stupid plastic flags on people's cars are finally being removed! Idiots!

Bender B. Rodriguez

#683 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 14 Jul 2010 22:41

Orodaran wrote:So, to sum up the World cup: an event that was met with anticipation for the performances of many top class players and coaches saw most of them outshined by noisy plastic trumpets and a future-telling octopus, while many goalkeepers embarassed themselves, just like many referees and would-be stars, the best ones of the previous Cup were the worst ones of this one, and in the end the Cup went to the team that, after all, was indicated as one of the favorites anyway.

agree with most of what you say,i'd just add this: Spain is FUCKING boring as a football team,they've redefined "ball posession" ,kinda like "ok guys,you know the drill,just bore them until you can score,or get a penalty,or a yellow/red card against them"

one good thing about the cup: a final with two teams that had never won the cup,finally a new champion,good,good.
farewell south africa,i won't miss you at all
*leaves*

Bender B. Rodriguez

#684 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 14 Jul 2010 22:57

How about we rename the topic and try to keep it going until the European Cup in 2012?
i agree!can't stop talking about football!but why stop at the EURO '12,why not just keep on forever :mrgreen:

the best thing for this topic is turn it into "The Official BG forum football topic".

Daijin

#685 Post by Daijin » 17 Jul 2010 17:41

Holland fought back against Spain much better than Germany. A pity they didn't win.

Anyway, after getting furious again during the game I demand a new rule: the use of video evidence for giving red cards for diving. Other than most fouls diving is really unsportmanlike because it's done on purpose with full knowledge that your action has only one aim: damaging your opponent. After a few red cards for people like Iniesta who fall to the gound whenever somebody looks at them this extremely annoying habbit might finally find an end.

Btw, a Russian rich guy offered 500.000 Euro for that octopus. Rumors say it already predicted the results of the next Russian presidential election.
So, supposed a robot wants to kill all the humans that makes him "a radical".
- Bender
Well, the truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
- Elim Garak

Beren Ercharmion

#686 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 17 Jul 2010 18:08

Daijin wrote:Anyway, after getting furious again during the game I demand a new rule: the use of video evidence for giving red cards for diving. Other than most fouls diving is really unsportmanlike because it's done on purpose with full knowledge that your action has only one aim: damaging your opponent. After a few red cards for people like Iniesta who fall to the gound whenever somebody looks at them this extremely annoying habbit might finally find an end.
I'd support that rule - if there's clear evidence (by video) that someone dived - exclude him from the game (or rather if it will be investigated after the game - ban him for the next one).
Same should go for fouls and other stuff (like the goal Henry scroed with his hand) - if there's clear evidence, hand out penalties to the players. The referee simply can't see everything, and people shouldn't get away with it that easily, especially those divers (Inzaghi and the like).

andykim

#687 Post by andykim » 19 Jul 2010 12:30

I can't believe Brazil with the strongest defenders must stop at Quarter Final >"<