Morality Question

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
T3hOverlord

Morality Question

#1 Post by T3hOverlord » 17 May 2011 04:09

I have been wondering: if I buy an album on vinyl, is it okay for me to then download (illegally) a digital version of the album? I wonder this because Darkthrone recently gave away a free digital version of their newest album (Circle The Wagons) if you purchased it on vinyl. This only makes sense to me as you cannot take vinyl in your car or on your walks.

Andreas

Re: Morality Question

#2 Post by Andreas » 17 May 2011 18:05

As a christian, I have no objections in this case.

Insanity

#3 Post by Insanity » 17 May 2011 18:20

Why don't you just get yourself one of those USB record players that allow you to rip the songs so you can listen to them on your mp3 player? They're not that expensive.

t.a.j.

#4 Post by t.a.j. » 17 May 2011 18:33

Downloading rips is morally allowed. Some, including me, would argue that it is in fact not merely allowed, but also morally required.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

End Of An Era

#5 Post by End Of An Era » 17 May 2011 18:37

t.a.j. wrote:Downloading rips is morally allowed. Some, including me, would argue that it is in fact not merely allowed, but also morally required.
+1 :)

Desert_Storm

#6 Post by Desert_Storm » 18 May 2011 20:58

Insanity wrote:Why don't you just get yourself one of those USB record players that allow you to rip the songs so you can listen to them on your mp3 player? They're not that expensive.
And unfortunately not of very good quality ;) I regularly download the music when I purchase a vinyl, it's like making a copy for personal use. Also, bands often include codes for hq-downloads of the albums when ordering a record.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

T3hOverlord

#7 Post by T3hOverlord » 19 May 2011 06:21

yeah i was gonna say the same thing, I actually have a USB turntable and it sounds like junk when you put the vinyl on the computer. I tihnk buying the vinyl then downloading the album solves my problem of needing to have a physical copy of the music, as vinyl actually offers sound and an experience an mp3 file cant, unlike cd's.